Generation 1 Soundwave Reissue Delayed Until Next Year

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ChErikS, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I am saying this one more time because some people don't seem to be getting it.

It is not out. The date posted on TRU.com is wrong. The earliest this will start showing up in TRU is Jan or Feb (at the earliest!!). Anyone who says they found one at the comic shop or what not is lying. The only possibility of that is someone who imported it directly from China. TRU has not even put in their official order for this item yet.

2. Heartagram28

Heartagram28 Soundwave owns!

Ok, and like any other post, what makes your reply credible. You claim that they haven't even put their official order, and how do you know this? Do you work for TRU?

3. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

bs

'Looks like it's bad news, after all. Thanks for nothing, Toys "R" Useless. Oh well, I guess it could be worse (Canada, I'm looking in your direction).

Thank you again for your recent purchase at Toysrus.com & Babiesrus.com.
    Unfortunately, there has been a delay in the release of the pre-sell item(s) from your order 7660768171-000 . The following item(s) are not yet available to leave our warehouse:

Your order includes the following presale item(s):

Item: 3199181
    Description: TRANSFORMER G1 SOUNDWAVE
    Quantity: 1 @ $29.99
    Shipping Method: Standard Ground
    Product Release Date : 12/05/06

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    ChErikS works for TRU, I believe in management or corporate if I'm not mistaken, and has been spot on every time with TRU related news repeatedly in the past.

5. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I bought Soundwave for my girlfriends 22nd birthday. Pissed is me.

6. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

i hope this delay is not true...

7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Crap. I just recieved the following "Backorder Notice" email from TRU:

"Thank you again for your recent purchase at Toysrus.com & Babiesrus.com.

We have received your order xxxx888262-000, and wanted to let you know that there has been an
    unexpected delay in the shipment of the following items:

Item: 3199181
    Description: TRANSFORMER G1 SOUNDWAVE"

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Hahaha, so funny and yet so sad.

I was wondering when the dec. 5th date popped up on TRU.com given that on Hasbro's site it has the new set of exclusives (this, constructicons) listed as to be released in SPRING 2007.

As for people saying TRU sold out and hobby shops have them, TRU's website got 'backordered', and ONLINE hobby shops had it listed, that doesn't mean they actually had it.

As for CANADA, maybe this gives us Canadians a bit of hope that it will come out here afterall, hey, maybe even before in the U.S. as in the past...

9. EDcomics

EDcomics Foxtail Dreamer

You have a girlfriend that likes Transformers? You are a very fortunate man...

I asked for this guy for Christmas because he's kind of special for me. I never got the Soundwave figure when I was a kid, but I always loved him because he looked like an all-blue Optimus Prime to my child eyes. Gotta love that salt & pepper shaker cannon on his shoulder, too :) 

As for the delay, I'm not COMPLETELY surprised. This is just the sort of thing that would happen on an item like this. I guess as long as it eventually ships, that's good, but it's definitely an annoyance.

10. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think it's a delay, I think it's that it was never being released in December in the first place.

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

:cry 

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And there you go. My Soundwave army will have to remain incomplete a little longer.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I just bought it off eBay from a very reliable & reputable seller in the States who seems to have a case lot or two (24+ available so far) and he says I'll have it by next week. I assumed he must of grabbed a couple of cases from someone @ TRU, but maybe he has an in with someone in Asia instead to get so many this far in advance...? I'll let you guys know when/if this actually shows up as it's supposed to.

14. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Here is the letter that I got this morning from TRU:

:cry  :cry  :cry 

15. Rave

Rave New Member

I have mine in hand now and was able to get it off of E-Bay. As Incepticon noted, there seem to be a number available on there somehow, probably imported directly I suppose. Anyway, the bump up in price is not much. So I think it's a decent option for those who just can't wait and have not preordered.

16. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Interesting. I don't think it's unreasonable that they posted the wrong date. Or they projected them a little too early.

17. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I think they were supposed to be out and Hasbro just fucked up.

Ever since the Nemesis Prime debacle, things have been looking shady from them. For months we got to drool over pic after pic of Jetfire and Grimlock and what happens when the time comes for release?

One per case and seemingly not many cases going around yet. :( 

What are arguably the biggest 2 (well now 3) releases of the year and there's not NEARLY enough (or in SW's case none) for most people to be able to get for christmas.

I had Grimlock and Mirage on pre-order at HTS for over 2 months and they caneled that on me because they didn't have enough.

Now I'm never one to bitch about Hasbro when it comes to distribution issues, I don't think that's really their fault, but this holiday season they have really dropped the ball.

18. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Did someone heard something similar from BBTS ?
    Cause if BBTS have them, then I will cancel my pre-order from TRU and immediately pre-order from BBTS.

19. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Grimlock order has been delayed twice now and the expected ship date is still Dec. 1st, so I'm guessing it's gonna be delayed again. WTF is up with Hasbro and poor release quantities of the items that will actually sell. My local TRU can't keep enough Classics stocked, yet they have Cybertron toys out the you know what. Time for Hasbro to step it up a notch!

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Phew. Thanks Primus for the delay. I'm on overload with TF purchses this month already.