more hook ups from my buddy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tech Spec, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I got hooked up... LARGE

One of my friends at work knew I collect TF's and he told me "I have some at home from my childhood collecting dust" and offered them to me because he does not collect toys. I was thinking they were going to be junkers, incompletes, and other battle damaged bots. So I said hell yeah man.

He brought me Skylynx in yesterday morning before my graveyard shift ended and he had it in a bag with the original box and styrofoam insert (I was like... DAMN! in my head) when I got home and opened it, the toy is mint! Bone white, barely any scratches, tight joints, electronics still work, only missing instructions and a couple of stickers peeling, but that was it. Box is in great condition with a 2inch tear on the front right corner and another one that has been taped ont the left side. I was so amped, and I couldn't believe he just gave it to me.

This morning before my shift ended and he gave me two more boxed G1's, Metroplex and Jetfire. I was thinking to myself, I wonder if these are in similar condition as the Skylynx? So I got home, opened those babies up and I was buggin out. I couldn't believe how mint these TF's are.

Jetfire's box is pretty flimsy but still holding up after all these years. The toy is bone white, barely any scratches, again a few stickers peeling, no instructions, no gun clip, armor has only a couple stress marks and no broken clips. The insert has some empty spots and I circled them to see if anyone here on the boards knows what was there.

Metroplex's box is in similar condition as Skylinx's box and is only missing instructions. He is bone white, no stickers peeling, tight joints, comes with Slammer, Scamper, Six Gun, and even comes with a Mirage decoy. My Metroplex did not come with a decoy when I bought it and even had spot for it in the styrofoam insert.

I am truly amazed at how my friend kept his toys in near mint condition for all these years, he said he had smaller guys to give me too, but his mom gave them away to family overseas (dammit) He has a couple more to give me and I will add pics when I get them. I'm thinking how I should repay him or at least some kind of a small token of apprecaition for the hook ups but he insists he wants nothing. The guy is a super friendly, humble, and is extremely generous. I just can't believe he gave me all these! THANK YOU MAN FOR THE MADD HOOK UPS :rock 

and now some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    and the 2nd set of pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Black Omen

Black Omen Well-Known Member

That is sweet!!! Can I be his friend too?

4. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I envisioned an unfortunate night at the pub when I saw the thread title but damn, man. You made out like a bandit.

What's the little F-14ish thing on Metroplex's helipad?

5. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Why can't I be so lucky?

6. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    i think it's KO minicon, I did not see a Hasbro stamp and the detail is not that great.. I could be wrong

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Fantastic freebies, you should offer to buy the guy lunch, or take him out for a couple of drinks!

8. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

That has been a dream of mine for years. To have a friend show up with a bunch of Transformers that they consider useless.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

10. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

HIZZOLY CRIZNAP!!!! That's awesome! You know that you owe him your life now right?

Or you should at least take a bullet for him... if the opportunity would arise.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You lucky dog you! Now you're just like me. Me & my brother have been collecting since the line began and we have a misb skylinx, jetfire, and metroplex (all 100% complete -we made sure to have no missing parts -including that ever so elusive gun clip for jetfire that nobody ever seems to have). Then again we also have a misb complete prime, megatron, omega supreme, tracks, and a bunch of others.
    My point is, your collection is expanding and you should be proud of it. Now granted your friend is either being extremely generous to you(and for that you should thank him) or he doesn't know crap about the value of transformers BUT, you hold on to those toys and keep them in good shape just like your friend did! The older they get the greater their value will become.

Hold on to them forever (don't sell them!!!!!) so that one day you can show your grandkids (if you end up with grandkids) how transformers were "back in your day."They'll marvel at such things rarely present today in transformers like "die-cast construction", "decals", and "rub-signs!" then of course in stereotypical fashion of a grandfather telling stories to his grandchildren they will say: "tell us more grampa! please tell us more!" to which you'll say something to the effect of "oh...alright. Here's a story back from long ago about beings called Junkions and their heroic leader Wreck-Gar....."
    *joking*
    Seriously though, I'm glad for you and your recent aquisition. Enjoy them well and good luck with getting more!

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Hopefully he doesn't look those things up on Ebay.

I agree that you should buy him a dinner or a drink or something.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
  14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

[​IMG]

I hate you.

Seriously, though, that rocks! Kudos! I, too, have dreamed of stories like yours.

The only thing I see missing from Jetfire is the ever-elusive gun clip and the instructions. The gun clip would've been in the little rectangular space adjacent to the gun barrel, and the instructions probably would've been in one of the spaces you circled. I seem to remember some of those spots being empty on my Jetfire (21 years ago), so I don't think anything else is missing.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome!

...maybe dudes gay and he wants to make out with you. o_O 

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome!:thumb 

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, man! I think you owe somebody a steak dinner!
    :thumb 

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That's pretty awesome. I mean, you didnt know what he had. It could've been something completely random, like some Throttlebots or something. But these are 3 of the largest and finest pieces from the G1 series. You gotta love when things work out like that.

19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Wow, sweet haul dude. Congrats! YOu should definatly buy the lunch or something.

20. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...that is incredibly awesome.

Congrats!