voltron on Adult swim and on demand.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dolza_Khyron, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

just for those who do not know you, adult swim and on demand, are both playing voltron *original* now at the 5:30am *what used to be space ghost's time spot* it has replaced gigantor.

man i have not seen this show in such a long time, and i am happy that is on at a time of which i can actually watch it too. such a beautiful anime too. decent voices, and peter cullen, any how i just figured i'd share this with every one.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I saw it the other day when I was gettign ready for work (The first episode) and I was pleasantly pleased to see Voltron on TV. Plus hearing Cullen's opening always gives me goosebumps.

I didn't see on on Demand though.... Not Under Cartoon network or under Adult Swim.

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I remember when Voltron was brought back when Toonami first started up and they had it on a weird time like 4:45

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

wow... wish it would go in the ATHF spot. I've seen all the episodes so many times since I have them on DVD. Might have to get VOLTRON on dvd now...

thanks for the heads up!

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I like Voltron in a nostalgic sort of way, but I wish they'd quit wasting Adult Swim slots on shows made for kids.

6. Dolza_Khyron

it's actually NOT under cartoon network nor adult swim, but "anime selects"

to flamepanther; because a kids show in the 80's is not nessarely a kids show today.

and it is 5:30 am at a time slot where some kids might wake up, so it is not like you can just play FLCL at that timeslot or something. so you have to play something some what kid friendly.

besides, what anime robot show, is better then voltron? XD

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Hey thanks! Wathcing an Episode now!

8. flamepanther

That's much better then.
    I disagree. Especially when said show is still censored for the sake of being appropriate for overprotected American children. It's not exactly relevant though, if the show isn't actually on Adult Swim.
    As much as I love Voltron, I could name several.

9. Dolza_Khyron

flamepanther; to be fair i was sort'a quoting adult swim, which called it the best giant robot anime of all time.

i my self can name a few too, but that's what they said themselves.
    so if they wanted to watch it, now you can understand why they decided to play it, makes more sense that way doesn't it?

10. flamepanther

I'm not sure the staff wanting to watch something makes more sense than putting programs in the appropriately designated programming blocks, but even if it did, it wouldn't affect my preference. Obviously for some reason or another they do want to run shows in Adult Swim that don't belong there, whether that reason makes sense or not. I wish they wouldn't. That seems pretty simple to me.

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Actually since they run the Programming BLock, whatever shows they decide to show on Adult Swim are the Shows that belong on Adult swim....

12. flamepanther

Logic dictates otherwise. Certainly they have a right to show them, but they've designated a programming category and then broken it. I could make my own website called "things that are square" fill it mostly with pictures of square-like things, and then toss in a circle for good measure. I would have every right to do so, since it's my site and I choose the content. The circle still wouldn't belong there.

13. Dolza_Khyron

so, what person, who is NOT an adult now a days is actually going to set down and watch voltron?

14. flamepanther

I suppose that depends on when it's on and how it's marketed. It stayed on the original Toonami for quite some time, long after the original success of the show had died off. That programming block, the reissued toys, and the entire "Third Dimension" brand were marketed to kids. The animation is still decent by today's standards and looks no worse than Dragon Ball Z. It could be done again. It's not like CTN doesn't market other old (and much more so) cartoons to children.

15. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

HORRIBLE time slot though.

There's no way I can watch it every night at 2:30 am.

16. Dolza_Khyron

2:30am? no it's 5:30am, good time slot for me. since i have to get up for work at 5am, anyways.

plus it's right before transformers cybertron.

flamepanther: but the animation is not what kids are used to today at all, they are used to naruto, and Inuyasha today, not 80's anime dubbing style anime. today the animation style to most, would probably concider it really cheesy, much like most people believes speed racer is really cheesy. or gigantor, and such. because they were made for a different time.

Voltron is going to be a show that only fans of that show genre, and from that generation, is actually going to watch. i bet the ratings aren't that high at all. even if they put it any where else.

besides, isn't it a much better choice then, "mr T goes to hollywood" or what ever that crud that is. or "chuck vs cobra commander wanna-be"?

this is why i say, G1, should NOT be played again on tv, because it is not for today's world, it was made in the 80's 23 years ago, almost 24. Today, kids expect either their action shows to be up with shows like Ben 10, Justice league, or even Teen Titains.

all i am saying is that the animation is dated. and so is the story line. how ever, it will still appeal to the original fans, and maybe a few other adults, even if they put it on at a time where kids would watch, i am sure, that it would still get more adult viewers then kid viewers.

besides have they ever used that 5 oclock hour better?

17. flamepanther

Without having seen it's explosive and enduring popularity, you could say all of those things about Dragon Ball Z.
    Voltron has better animation than Teen Titans. At least the earlier portion of it does, anyway.
    Probably not, but they could, and I have TiVo, so I could take advantage of it even if it's a crappy time for me.

18. Dolza_Khyron

the first five are still availble on demand. too if Tivo fails, which it never will :lol 

19. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

The early voltron eps were superbly animated, I will always remember that orginal five parter. Man, I need to get a masterpeice voltron!! Thanks for starting this thread which will eventually cost me money!!LOL

20. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Is it just me, or is Adult Swim kinda losing it's steam? I mean I used to like alot of the shows on there, but now the newer ones are made to be ironic for irony sake. They make little or no sense and have no point. Like 12oz Mouse for example, or Tom Goes to the Mayor.