A Chat With Peter Cullen

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gigatron_2005, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The interviewer made an error.
    Implying that he has been the only voice of Prime for the past 20 years.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    One thing I've always liked about the Cullen interviews I see is that he's humble enough to say "Hey, it's just a job, I did what I was paid to do. I'm glad to see it's garnered such interest over the years." The Star Trek actors should take a tip from this guy.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Funny. It's interesting to me to see that he doesn't have a clue on how much of a fanbase he even has... well, he seems to now, but it's still funny anyways. But, I guess, before the advent of the internet and what not it was probably very hard for a VA to realize the extent of their work on a personal level like that. Especially sense it seems that he just considered it another gig.

Ahmen to that! Even the newer guys get all like "I'm in STAR TREK! RESPECT ME!" Well, you know what I mean.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think he meant how resentful some actors get about Star Trek, which is understandable. Hollywood kind of treats Trek actors like pariars unless they are really good (like Patrick Stewart, and even then he can't escape Picard). It makes it difficult for them to find work after Trek ends (eg. Oliver Stone refused to cast Alexander Siddig in 'Alexander after he learned Siddig was a regular on Deep Space Nine).

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For real. A lot of voice actors are reasonably down to Earth and humble, largely because they don't get they recognition they deserve, thus a much less chance of getting that horrible ego inflation. It's good and bad, like anything in life eh.

7. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

Nice interview and I'm glad Peter's getting more attention by the mainstream nowadays. :rock