Reissue Bookstyle

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl2000, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    So what's the deal with these gems, is the line dead or is there going to be a future in 2007 for them? Will there be a New Years reissue release or are we more or less done with reissues from Takara? I was just looking on ebay and some of the better known sites as I never got a blitzwing, minibots, or astrotrain when they were released and it seems they have all but disappears from circulation, not just those but most all of the reissues. So what is everyone's take on this line, should it come back? What ones would you like to see if it did. Is there any remaining life to this seemingly popular toyline from the old Takara?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is one of those areas where I just have to scratch my head and assume I have no understanding about what does and doesn't sell in the toy market (domestic or Japanese). At a superficial glance, the bookstyle reissues seem to be a total cash cow, considering there are no research and development costs. The line could just run in the background behind Takara-Tomy's other projects.

When you consider fan interest in the remaining 84-85 cars, the dinos, the combiners, etc., coupled with the fact that there are at least half a dozen things that made it to the Hasbro series that never had TFC releases (not to mention the eHobby possibilities), there's a ton of available material there. And since the old "mold is lost or broken" verbiage has been shown to be moot, I'm really at a loss to understand why there's nothing happening with this line. Again, I have to just assume it's not the money-maker it appears to be.

And to answer your question, we really need to round out the known available stuff... the rest of the seekers, Trailbreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet... and to just do whatever re-engineering is necessary to get Wheeljack, Mirage & Sunstreaker back into production. The Dinobots, Raiden would be nice, as would the dinocassettes, then right into the Zone and Victory stuff.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i want a minty fresh, brand spankin new wheeljack TFC for my collection. Dino casettes would rule even more. since blaster and twincast are out, and soundwave and soundblaster it's common sence to release the tapes as a box set

4. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    However, last year's Hasbro/Takara panel confirmed that the Wheeljack mold was destroyed.

They could reverse engineer it, but that seems unlikely.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they already have molds in waiting. just waiting for the right time.

movie year, maybe?

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Reorganizations after mergers/buyouts take time. A looooong time. Companies are hesitant to go full force into the market until everything is resolved. I say give it until early 2007 and see if the reissues are dead. I'd bet against it with the movie coming out.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it'd be stupid for takara to kill the reissue line, it sold great. they were released in japan, bought up by people all over the world, and got rare after just a few weeks. Unless they really hate money, they'll revive it when they get their stuff together.

8. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I sure hope so. I would like to see some releases next year. There was something fun about the build up for the reissues to be released. Personally, I'd love to see:
    Any of the dinobots
    I'm not really sure, I just like the G-1 stuff being sold.

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    man, i just freaking want bookstyle Sunstreaker with eHobby Police and Red Sunstreakers. If that's not worth the cost of either reverse engineering or repairing the mold i don't friggin' know what is!

(...dreams of blue Trailbreaker, black Ironhide, Marlboro Wheeljack, red Mirage...)

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the keep it alive... That set is great... I finally got a Hound because of that line...

11. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I for one am a little glad the reissues have stalled as of late. I love them, but it's given me time to recharge my financial batteries. My guess is that the Takara/Tomy merger has pretty much put everything reissue related on hold. Although, I would not be surprised that once they get their stuff sorted out we should be seeing some new reissues.

Gee, I wonder why? ;) 

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    That's cuz your ass spent a small country's worth of gold on Macross you whore!!!:p 

13. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i have 5, whats one more.:dj 

14. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

I have no doubt reissues will come back eventually, I'm just hoping they'll continue with the book style releases and not change to something else after the hiatus.

15. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

And given the chance I'd do it all over again! :p 

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Roger that. I have had to take a pass on the last couple for a combination of money reasons, a decline in interest in TFs and a growing interest in Marvel Legions and now Macross. But there are still some I would love to see come out in re-issue.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    As much as I'd like to be optimistic about the line ( I want it to go on ), I'm gonna be realistic. The fact that Twincast was an ehobby version of Blaster, and not a TFC release like Soundblaster was for Soundwave, shows they had no intention of going any further. I mean, why do both Soundwave/blaster in the TFC line, but not both Blaster and Twincast?

18. tranzfan

tranzfan Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping the line will continue. I don't mind the break though because I have been able to go back and get the ones I have missed. I keep wishing that Takara will announce a boxed set with all the Dinobots. That would be enough to make up for the dry spell :) 

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have no news on the book reissues for months either. Normally my sources will give me a preview of things to come but this time round, they're clueless. I think we should wait until 2007 to see if the reissue line is really dead.

20. Don energon

Don energon Member

love this line .. hope they bring out some more ..