Angry Birds Transformers IOS Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kraken, May 21, 2015.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ios update came through today. Immediate changes are;

You can earn items for extra upgrades, not done any yet, but they're stored in a silo on the map screen. Earnt through normal missions and special missions. The items are Pig Iron, Deceptigear, and Badness Processors on the Deceptihog side, and Birdium, Autocogs, and Anger Chips for the Autobirds. You need a combo of them all for upgrades.

The big claw thing is now operational, and there's 3 of them. You pay to open them with coins, and they're mission portals. You can send characters off on special missions with pigs as back up to earn extra items. Basically you select which character you want to use, each one now has one of 3 special skills, a bomb, lightbulb or spyglass, and each mission corresponds to one of these. You then select how many pigs to send along as back up, from the pigs that you've collected from normal missions, the more you send the less time the mission takes. You then lose the use of that character for however long the mission takes, and at the end you get some rewards of the new items.

New achievments

New Pig City levels

All characters can be healed from the barracks, individually or all at once. (About bloody time too)

Coin sources on map screen now give max of 560 coins instead of 400 and they seem to be going much quicker.

Can upgrade characters beyond level 10, not sure what the new max is but I had a level 13 ally. EDIT: Level 15 is the new maximum.

Still no Blackarachnia or Arcee :(  but one of the achievments is to unlock a character through a special mission, so they may be available that way.

Oh, and new wearable items that get unlocked as you go up in levels as well, just unlocked some cool wraparound shades for black Bee, but as usual they cost silly crystals to buy.

Possibly new Jenga levels, not sure if they came out in the last update or not as I've not played Jenga for a while.

The update also boasts bug fixes, so hopefully they'll be no more earthquakes... Hopefully...

EDIT: yep, confirmed through the what's new section on the app store, Arcee and Blackarachnia are available by completing the special missions.

EDIT:EDIT: So only just realised this, you actually need these new items just to do normal character updates, you also need them to increase storage in your silo, very Hay Day-esque. Annoyingly any items you earn if your silo is full get lost, and upgrading the silo needs a fair whack of coinage as well as items. My silo strted at level 7, and I'm level 161, don't know if this will be true for everyone.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Mine tried to update, but seemed to be crashing (it was on my slider screen as open, but when I clicked on it, it kept kicking me back to the home screen)

3. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Finally... I might consider playing this game again.

4. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Android updated too, same structure and features

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I logged into Facebook just now and that image scared the shit out of me... XD

6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Sorry! Yeah, it is creepy.

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, most of the birds work really well Transformerised, but Stella looks really freaky. She looks way better in the comic (and changes into a car too)

8. chachi

chachi Well-Known Member

Mine did that too on my iPad. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it works fine now. I use the Game Center and everything backed up. I installed it on my phone to make sure it would carry over first and it did.

9. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is crashing too...

10. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    a great deal of people including myself have not been able to play because it just stops updating at 95% and just crashes
    both on android and ios
    and thats lame because i was playing the gamin and eagerly wating for arcee to be playable

11. Primon4723

Primon4723 Autobot

How funny Galvatron Pig was distracted by Arcee Bird! :lol 

Well I don't have them yet too.

12. quantumhawk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I uninstalled it (kept Game Center data) and redownloaded. About had a heart attack, it replayed the intro video and then had me go through the Optimus Prime tutorial. I was sure I had lost all my progress. However, after the tutorial level, I got a message about updating my progress and then it reverted back to my previous game details. Phew!a

Edit: Also removed the new update when I did this. :-/ Had to go back into the app store and try to update a couple of times before it worked. NOW I'm set.

13. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

Someone else posted that they did uninstall and reinstall and it worked. Sure enough I did that too but all my progress is gone. This is on android. I'm scrambling to find a way to restore it.

If I can't restore that progress I'm just not going to play anymore. It took forever to get to almost all 10s. Got set back to almost all 8 and 9s and their cheating system went overboard after I tested some time manipulation. And now after slowly getting everyone back to level 9, this happened? I'm broken. :( 

14. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    actually? if that works i dont mind re-playing everything, the game is pretty fun, and since i have not spent money, i dont think it would be a "great" loss

15. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

I'm reading more and more that the backup on android is through facebook integration. I've opened a ticket to find out if anything is possible through google+.

16. bigevil801

bigevil801 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Posted this update in the video game section earlier this morning and had game not load, but I didn't think it was news worthy

17. Pete Rock Remix

Pete Rock Remix Well-Known Member

How do u unlock arcee?

18. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got the update and still seems to be earthquakes and pissing me off.

19. quantumhawk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You unlock Arcee by doing the new missions...pay coins and then wait X amount of hours to get items, which in turn unlock...something? Haven't quite figured out the new mechanics.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's cool they updated but still not interest in this for me.