TFW's Combiner Wars Hot Spot Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, May 15, 2015.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Our next new Transformers toy gallery is giving some love to the Combiner Wars Voyager class wave 3, and the Protectobot Hot Spot! A new mold, Voyager class entry into the Combiner Wars line, Hot Spot is the leader of the Protectobots and forms the torso of the giant, Defensor!

Hot Spot's fire engine mode is pretty cool. It's a more modern take of the original with its curved front end and updated ladder design. One flaw is that the robot mode hips are expose in this mode - but given the transformations, there is not a lot that can be done to hide them, really. The robot mode is nice and solid - while it lacks a waist joint, there are lots of cool poses you can get out of Hot Spot, and his robot mode design nicely recalls the original toy, while bringing some new stuff to the table. The twin rifles can be combined into a single larger gun, although there's no real way to escape the fact that, yes, he's basically just got two guns plugged into the end of each other in this configuration.

Overall, Hot Spot is a solid figure to round out a fun classics-style Combiner group. He makes for potentially the best torso in the line yet, but we'll go into more detail on that side of things soon. For now, enjoy the gallery of this hot new Voyager class offering:

Combiner Wars Hot Spot Gallery

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot Robot Mode

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot Fire Engine Mode

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot Bullet Time

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot Big Guns - my complaint about the whole "gun with another gun on the end of it" thing was, as it turned out, easily addressed by ignoring the instructions and turning one of the guns 90 degrees.

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot Powerstream Shoulder Cannon - and at this point, I started asking myself, what are the odds of getting a Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime (2001) version of this toy...

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot with Generation 1 Hot Spot

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Hot Spot, Motormaster and Silverbolt - Combiner Wars Team Leaders

And for something completely different...

[​IMG]
    Periscope mode!

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Needs a black head, but apart from that, pretty glorious. Nice pics as always, Sol.

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great I never had the protetobots but that blue there is just something about it.

I never got the GDO.

4. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

is there any possible way of getting a fire convoy repaint??????

5. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Probably ends up being a Botcon exclusive. I could see them redoing the Defensor head to the super Prime head, then using the four Autobot car limbs that are coming into X-Brawn, Side Burn (this would probably be a Legends Rodimus repaint though), hell they've already got Prowl and then I don't know who for the fourth. That would make a killer box set.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd love it if such a thing were done. New head and chest for the robot mode based on the supermode, and then redo the Defensor chest and head to resemble Omega Prime. You could redo the Stunticons fairly easily for the Car Brothers (throw in Skidz as the fourth one, he'd be a good match for Dragstrip). I'd personally say go Dead End for Sideburn, and then use Breakdown to make RiD Prowl, but go ahead and revert him to Mach Alert.

It's unlikely, given we already got an Optimus, but a guy can dream.

That said, I think an Inferno version - and maybe a Grapple retool - are more likely down the line, given the number of Generation 1 guys sneaking into later waves. Plus, the Inferno we got previously in Classics was one of those toys who got a bit of flack from deviating from his original and dropping the ladder - so a Hot Spot variant for him would be a way for Hasbro to give fans an Inferno with a ladder.

The fact it's another excuse to release what is a lovely toy is just gravy.

7. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

now that would be a hell of a set!!! Make it happen botcon, drop this years set, and make this one. You have a couple of weeks to do it, no problems, we'll wait here :) 

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Just sayin', next year would be RiD'01s 15th anniversary.

Seriously, though, as long as they had new heads, i would buy the crap out of this set.
    Dead End: Sideburn (blue deco)
    Breakdown: Super Mach Alert (the dark blue and White deco)
    First Aid: Either version of X-Brawn (i like the rally version more, but either'd work for me
    Dragstrip: Skid-Z

and you could even do Legends Groove as Sideways

DO IT HASBRO, DO IT!!!!

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Perfect!

It all seems to line up a little too perfectly, now that I think about it :lol  The more I look at Hot Spot the more it seems he was designed with RID Prime in mind.

I'd love for Hasbro to do it themselves as a store exclusive, but unfortunately I doubt it will happen. You could also take the (rumored) upcoming Bruticus set and make Ruination colors out of it as well.

10. Randomus

Randomus Heretic

Not the end of the world, but I'm still surprised that they didn't design the guns to attach side-to-side (like Classics Jetfire) instead of end to end, which would've looked better and unique from Ultra Prime's weapon.

I didn't realize that the whole backpack could be wielded over the shoulder like that; that's actually pretty cool.

11. Kraken

News Credits:
    Never a fan of RID, except for Fire Convoy who is an awesome figure and stands in as Pyro on my shelf, but seeing you guys suggestions, I'm actually quite disappointed that we're not getting those repaints and getting the Masquerade-esque ones instead!

12. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am SO EXCITED that this whole tread turned into clamoring for Car Robots repaints, because this dude is the perfect CHUG Fire Convoy and I've wanted that since they revealed him. I love everyone's suggestions for repaints, and I'd give anything to see this actually happen.

Oh yeah, and Hot Spot looks great too. :p 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    *that pic of it with GDO Hot Spot*

Boy TFs sure are shrinking. :rolleyes2  This figure looks amazing. The Voyagers are awesome standalone figs that just happen to be amazing (well, okay in Motormaster's case. Sorry bud) torsos.

14. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Part of me really wants a Guard City repaint at some point or at least as an exclusive set (since the limbs don't change much)

15. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Hotspot looks like he could pass as fire convoy from the 1st RID. I expect Cheetimus is thinking the same thing. Hell he's probably already done it. Because he's Badass.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Hot Spot always had an awesome color scheme and this figure does it justice.

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    yesss. hate that inferno mold so this makes me very happy.

18. Kraken

News Credits:
    Seeing them side by side, it's perfect, an exact match. Hotspot always intrigued me as a kid, I'd never seen a baby blue fire engine before, and I loved it.

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He really pulls off that baby blue.

20. Zeropoint

Zeropoint Well-Known Member

I can definitely see this as fire convoy.... and am I the only one who kinda wants to make one into a lsotr style pyro?