IDW comic apps

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AUTOBOT1995, May 13, 2015.

1. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha all. I posted this in the comics section already but just though I'd post it here for everyone to see. I opened up the IDW transformers app on my ipad today and I spotted a message box which opened this link

comiXology | How can I sync my IDW comics to my comiX...

IDW is rolling out new apps later this month so be sure to create an account to back up all you purchases.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    When I'm just using the Comixology app, this does not concern me, right?

3. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't look like it. I transferred all my purchases to the comixology app from the IDW transformers app and for some reason mtmte #1 and rid #1 didn't sync over. I think I got them when they were free as a promotion but not sure what happened there.

4. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    what if I'm using iBooks and the Apple iTunes store, I'm not affected, right?

5. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    -_- the last thing I wanna do is re download my comics. It's almost half my iPads hdd.

6. WBohm

WBohm Well-Known Member

I just want IDW's physical comics to come with a code in them so that I get a digital comic too, like Marvel does. I love the service so much I kind of feel ripped off now when I buy IDW or DC and don't get the digital as well.

7. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

I'll keep using comicrack, thanx but no thanks.

8. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So if I'm just using the Comixology website does this apply to me or am I alright?

9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I don't see any system requirements for the new apps, so I have my fingers crossed. Hopefully this procedure doesn't require me to remember a password I may have set up years ago.

10. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I'm not seeing this "restore" tab in my comixology account on iPhone. I feel like these instructions could have been a little less vague, but I'm sure I'm just being stupid.

11. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Guess I'm done buying IDW comics. :( 

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    where is this 'restore' button?

13. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, why would this get you to stop buying IDW comics?

14. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to speak for him, however I think he means similar to the main comixology app.

You used to be able to browse and purchase comics from within the app. Now since the update, you have to go to the website, purchase there and then synch with your device. A total pain and I haven't bought a non Transformers comic digitally since.

If this is the direction the new IDW app takes I will also stop buying digital TF comics and just stick with my physical.

15. Deus Maximus

Deus Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't get the obsession with purchasing the comics in the actual app. I mean, it takes zero effort to set up a payment method on Comixology's site, and you can subscribe to the comics you want, and not have to go through the steps of buying each seperate comic again. Coupled with the fact that you can now legally download CBZ files from Comixology, makes it pretty much the best place to get comics digitally.

If you can go through the hassle of registering an account with TFW2005 and bitch in this thread with it, you can make yourself a Comixology account.

My concern with this new app, is whether IDW's comics will still be released on Comixology in future.

16. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So wait, if I get this right, idw currently has comics apps on iOS (I can't find one on android, so I'm not sure), these are just like the Marvel and DC apps powered by comixology, so just custom reskins that concentrate on specific comics. These are being replaced by idw with a new set of apps (not powered by comixology), so if you want to keep all your comixology purchases you need to sync them with your comixology account, am I correct?

For those who don't know where the restore button is:
    Options
    Settings
    Restore Purchases
    Done

Then set up an idw account and keep all the comics you payed for, comixology is super easy to use and setting up an account is no hassle at all. It takes about as long as posting a reply to this thread, plus you've been buying their comics the whole time anyway.

I recently discovered another digital comics store app similar to comixology, just not as well designed and easy to use, that lists a whole lot of idw comics, even stuff comixology doesn't offer in my country, but when you want to buy any of them, they're listed as "coming soon".
    So I guess, this other app (comics+ will be powering idw's new custom apps.

17. Nightslyr

Nightslyr Active Member

Are you talking for the IDW app or the Comixology app? Because there's no "Restore Purchases" option in the IDW app that I can see.

18. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    If the comics aren't going to be on Comixology, I'm not going to buy them.

19. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would I subscribe to get the issues as they come out? That is when they are at their most expensive. If you wait a month they then reduce in price.

You also have the fact that these days an easy gift is an iTunes card. I have over $100 bucks in my iTunes account all from gift cards. I don't spend money on games so it goes into the comics. If I have to buy them through comixology I don't get the benefit of using that money.

As far as just as easy to look through the website? It's not even close to the same convenience of scrolling through the app, finding something new and interesting and tapping the buy option.

As for setting up an account here.... I'm sorry but I don't see the comparison? My account along with many others here existed before iPad's even existed... heck, before iPhone's for that matter. To pre-empt a question, yes, I would love if there was a TFW app to scroll through the news on and use it's various features.

20. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except that isn't what is happening. This only affects people who use the IDW specific app instead of the more general Comixology app. It would be pretty much digital sales suicide for a comic company to completely ditch selling their books on Comixology.