Rovio States The Success Of Angry Birds: Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 20, 2015.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Over-saturation of a brand(Angry birds) is leading to its demise?!

Shocker.

3. nstanosheck

nstanosheck Combiner Limb

News Credits:
    That and the game really sucks after you play it for a while. I think Angry Birds Stella is good, but it is an unfinished product, but still much more playable than Angry Birds Transformers. Both Transformers: Legends and Transformers: Rising are superior games to Angry Birds: Transformers.

4. PepsimusP

PepsimusP Well-Known Member

While the game is fun, it is a very different game from Angry Birds. The original Angry Birds was a game for casual gamers. They could open it, take their time, decide upon their move, and then see what happens. Each level was a puzzle that needed to be solved.

In Angry Birds Transformers, it is a shooter where nearly every level is the same (just with more enemies added as you go along) and, while levels are quick to complete for the casual game crowd, it's not the same sort of "wait, think, and plan" game.

Past this, the game is buggy, often booting players out in the middle of a level, and characters that are on the home screen and advertisements (such as the one female character, Arcee), are not even in the game.

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Angry Birds TF also has very little incentive to spend money on the game. If you can't save progress on your device or sync between devices, then it's pretty stupid to spend any money to help gain progress. If they ever fix that, then maybe I'll consider participating in the freemium model, but you can't half-ass your way on freemium games and expect a whole lot of participation.

6. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I feel like I'm the only one who would've paid $5 for a real Angry Birds style Transformers game. I have the two Star Wars ones and I like them a lot. Tons of characters.

7. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    the level reused design, as some already said, and that some levels cant be completed without leveling upt to the max your bots, and leveling up them is just insane because the time, the coins(or the obvious need of PREMIUM currency), the crashes when one tries to watch a video to gain double(so it crashes and one gets only the original rewar amount per level) and yet the tons of video ads it still plays almost every level you play, and such
    soh yeah, it is a good game but not super awesome
    and there are some characters that sometimes feel so weak and useless and others just too overpowered, but recolored characters, promised characters that still arent available(arcee, skywarp) and still so many things missing,

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yeah, the game is boring after you unlock all the character. I only log in every four hours, collect the coins, then exit, only playing a level if its a gold dome.

either they need to remove the 400 coin cap on the coin sites or update more frequently

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

My thoughts exactly, I was bored with it after a few stages of the first one, making cappy toy addons doesn't pump up my excitement in the least.

Had this been the first or second sequel to Angry Birds it probably would have exploded!

10. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. Right now I am at a point in the game where every level available to me is at the hard mode. In order for me to make easier I have to Upgrade my characters and the big problem with that is that every upgrade costs at least 100000 in coins so it's taking Extra long and I'm becoming bored with the process.

Also the repaying the same levels over and over again is becoming very tiresome

11. Kenai

Kenai She-bot

News Credits:
    The blatant and completely stupid flaw in this game is lack of cloud storage! Myself and others contacted Rovio shortly after the game went live with this concern and their customer support assured us that it was being worked on and would be implemented soon. Well, guess what? It still hasn't been. And now, after months of play, most of my friends have lost their ABTF data one way or another and refuse to play again because they have to start completely over again! I have never lost my data but have quit playing because now there is no one to play with.

Sheesh Rovio, such a simple thing. Thousands of other games have backup for their games, why don't you?

12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this say states the non-success?

Two brands of questionable quality that are wearing out their welcome.

13. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    This is true. Most people nowadays have multiple devices. Lack of Cloud Storage means we can't pick up the game where we left off when we are using another device. Due to reasons such as Factory Resets, OS Upgrades we will have to reinstall our games. And then what? It's back to the beginning. Several popular game companies with good games are not providing Cloud Storage and this leads to frustration and eventual abandoning of a game.

14. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I played a bit of AB:TF and it felt like a bad clone of Major Mayhem (fantastic game and also free). The mechanics aren't 100% the same, but the auto running shooter gameplay is present in both. I don't know. Meh was my reaction, to be honest.

Pigstruction looks pretty freaking sweet, though.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh well. Comic was fun!

16. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I saw some videos and they look awesome. It's like the original Angry Birds... but on steroids.

I can understand why they did that way. They may have understood that the original format worked and added more elements to it such as improved graphics (love that new staredown animation). Can't wait to play when it is released.

17. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket.
    Also, the lack of cloud saves ensured that I wouldn't spend a dime on the game.

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    :lol  glad this flopped. Nor am I surprised. They expanded too far too fast.

19. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    This isn't surprising, not only did they oversaturate the market with too many spin-off games (Stella, the girl one; the Racing one; 2 Star Wars games; the movie Rio; the Piggies building game; Seasons; Transofrmers) but when they topped that off with collectible character add-ins to the Star Wars game series, that was the sign that they had lost it and were heading down the drain. The problem is that Rovio didn't recognize they aren't Skylanders.

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's almost as if the Angry Birds franchise is running out of steam under the weight of oversaturation or something.