TF Comic releases for August-Oct/Nov Releases: NEW TF ANIMATED MOVIE COMIC ADAPTATION

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DecepticonMatrix, Jul 18, 2006.

1. DecepticonMatrix

DecepticonMatrix Collection Complete

http://www.Decepticon-Matrix.com/previews/
    (link includes entire Diamond Release list)

Transformers:

IDW PUBLISHING

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED MOVIE ADAPTATION #1
    Bob Budiansky (w), Don Figueroa (a & c)
    20th Anniversary Celebration! Before the release of the all-new, live-action Transformers
    movie next summer, take an extended look back at a classic — the animated 1986
    Transformers: The Movie. Joining present-day TF legend, artist Don Figueroa, is
    returning writer and fellow TF master Bob Budiansky, the man responsible for some of
    the most beloved ’80s Transformers comics. Together, they present this four-part
    adaptation, adding in extra scenes and little touches for fans of all ages.
    FC, 32pgs $3.99

TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT: NIGHTBEAT
    Simon Furman (w), Mark Bright (a), Bright, Nick Roche, James Raiz (c)
    Presenting a series of one-shots, focusing on some of the best-loved (or loathed)
    characters from the Transformers Universe. The spotlight falls on Nightbeat, as he
    investigates one of the greatest Cybertronian mysteries: the disappearance of the first
    Ark! However, some mysteries, it seems, are better left unsolved! Guest-starring the
    MICROMASTERS?! By Simon Furman (The Transformers: Stormbringer) and Nick
    Roche (Transformers Spotlight: Shockwave).
    FC, 32pgs $3.99

THE TRANSFORMERS: STORMBRINGER #4
    Simon Furman (w), Don Figueroa (a & c)
    Out of control, acting on pure, devastating instinct, Thunderwing descends once again on
    Cybertron, with only a skeleton force of Autobots under the command of Optimus Prime
    to oppose him. While Jetfire searches frantically for options, uncovering more mysteries
    in the process, the countdown to the total destruction of Cybertron continues. The line has
    been drawn, and—one way or another—it all ends here. By Simon Furman and Don
    Figueroa. Features a special wraparound cover from Figueroa as well as a variant
    character sketch cover from Fig, too.
    FC, 32pgs $2.99

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS #8
    Bob Budiansky (w), Don Perlin (a), Roche (c)
    IDW continues their look back at some of the most beloved Transformers comics from
    years past. This special monthly series continues to present classic hard-to-find stories
    from the past two decades of Transformers comics. Nick Roche (Transformers Spotlight:
    Shockwave) once again presents a new cover recreation of the original cover art. This
    issue features the story, “Gone But Not Forgotten!” originally presented in Marvel
    Comics’ The Transformers #25!
    FC, 32pgs $2.49

THE TRANSFORMERS “STORMBRINGER” POSTER
    Don Figueroa (a); Josh Burcham (c)
    A poster-sized presentation of all four interlocking STORMBRINGER wraparound
    covers, courtesy of artist Don Figueroa and colorist Josh Burcham!
    Poster, 18x24, FC $5.99

------------------

WALLACE & GROMIT COMICS MAGAZINE #15
    by Various
    Are you ready for more thrilling adventures from everyone’s favorite duo? Featuring
    original stories and artwork from celebrated comic book favorites Simon Furman
    (Transformers) and Dan Abnett (The Punisher, Sinister Dexter), this magazine is a
    cracking read! (C: 0-1-2)
    Magazine, 52pgs, FC SRP: $5.99

------------------

LEE'S TOY REVIEW #169 NOV. 2006
    Thanksgiving Issue! What are we thankful for? It’s all about the toys, baby! Lee’s takes
    you past the long line of kids waiting to talk to Santa and straight to the toys that’ll be in
    stores from Thanksgiving through Christmas with this holiday shopping issue! Use it to
    make a shopping list for your favorite collector, or for yourself, and find out what’s hot
    for the holidays — and what’s not! The "Pull-Out Collector Guide" this issue features
    Transformers Gen. 1 – Part 2! Also inside, find McFarlane's Sports Picks, G.I. Joe,
    Transformers, Teen Titans, DC Comics Super Heroes, Hot Wheels, Urban and Suburban
    Vinyl, Trading Figures, and more! Includes the nation’s #1 Hot Wheels Price Guide!
    (Action Figure News &Toy Review) (C: 0-1-2)
    Magazine, 100pgs, FC SRP: $5.99

---------------------------

TOYS SECTION

TTITANIUM TRANSFORMERS DELUXE METAL ACTION FIGURES
    Hasbro's Titanium series of die-cast collectibles takes on the "Robots in Disguise" with
    this all-new series of 6" metal figures, each featuring limited articulation and a display
    base. This series is scheduled to include such possible favorites as Jetfire, Scourge, and
    Thundercracker. Blister card packaging. Scheduled to ship in November 2006.
    (309/339000002) (C: 1-1-3) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case lots. Please
    check with your retailer for availability. NOTE: Available only in the United States,
    Canada, and U.S. Territories.
    Figure SRP: $21.25

TITANIUM TRANSFORMERS: METAL ROBOT MASTERS FIGURES
    Die-cast metal figures of selected Transformers in their robot forms! Each 3" tall figure
    features partial articulation and a display stand. This series is scheduled to include
    possible characters like: PredaKing, Grimlock, Scorponock, Bumblebee, Alternators
    Smokecreen, and Optimus Prime. Blister card packaging. Scheduled to ship in November
    2006. (309/339010006) (C: 1-1-3) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case lots.
    Please check with your retailer for availability. NOTE: Available only in the United
    States, Canada, and U.S. Territories.
    Figure SRP: $6.50

TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON DELUXE ACTION FIGURES
    A new selection of 8" scale figures from the Transformers: Cybertron animated series!
    This series is scheduled to include characters such as: Smokescreen, Optimus Prime,
    Megatron, Downshift, Excellion, Skywarp, and Demolisher. Blister card packaging.
    Scheduled to ship in November 2006. (309/80286A000) (C: 1-1-3) NOTE: This item is
    sold to retailers in case lots. Please check with your retailer for availability. NOTE:
    Available only in the United States, Canada, and U.S. Territories.
    Figure SRP: $14.50

TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON SCOUT ACTION FIGURES
    Here comes the next series in the 6" scale Scout series! This wave is scheduled to
    include: Hightail, Recon Mini, Swerve, Brakedown, Scrapmetal, Repugnus, Mini-Con
    Team, and Ransack GT. All figures come with a "planet key" to reveal a hidden weapon
    or activate a launching projectile! Blister card packaging. Scheduled to ship in November
    2006. (309/80285000Q) (C: 1-1-3) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case lots.
    Please check with your retailer for availability. NOTE: Available only in the United
    States, Canada, and U.S. Territories.
    Figure SRP: $9.75

TRANSFORMERS: HEROES OF CYBERTRON PVC FIGURES
    The original Transformers are back as collectible 3" PVC figures! Based on the
    Generation One Transformers, these static figurines are small in size, but big on detail!
    This series may include: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, and
    Soundwave. Blister card packaging. Scheduled to ship in December 2006.
    (309/271890680) (C: 1-1-3) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case lots. Please
    check with your retailer for availability.
    Figure SRP: $4.75

TRANSFORMERS: OPTIMUS PRIME HEAD MINI-BUST
    A Diamond Select Release! As leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime battled Megatron
    and the Decepticons after being stranded on Earth. Now he can be proudly displayed with
    this Optimus Prime mini head bust! Measuring 4 ½" tall and sculpted in great detail by
    Art Asylum, each piece features a hand-numbered base with matching box and
    Certificate of Authenticity. Limited to 5,000 pieces Scheduled to ship in December 2006.
    (4667/64014) (C: 1-1-3)
    Bust SRP: $50.00

------------------------------

TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION
    DVD
    From Sony Pictures Home Entertainment! Earth is the battleground, control of the
    Universe is the prize, and the only defense is an army of Autobots able to transform into
    massive fighting machines as powerful as their enemy — the deadly Decepticons!
    There’s more than meets the eye in this 20th Anniversary Special Edition of
    Transformers: The Movie, featuring never-before-seen footage, exclusive interviews,
    interactive games and collectible packaging. Approximate running time: 84 minutes.
    Scheduled to ship in November 2006.
    DVD SRP: $21.98

Tyler G

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    :eek:  get the F out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like it'll be almost a 'director's cut',
    maybe have some of the extra scenes from the script n' stuff.
    (leaves to log on to comic shop site and preorder)
    :music 

3. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

oh shit, Don drawing a TFTM adaptation?! SOLD!

4. artiepants

News Credits:
    think therse are redecos of Downshift and the Recon Minicons or just rotated into the case again?
    thiink this is a 'reissue' of the PVCs by Hasbro, or just leftovers from the distributer level?

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Snarl deserves a solo cover after being shafted in the film.

6. artiepants

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    i hope we see a lot more (even as cannon fodder) of the 85ers, a lot of my favorites are 85ers: Smokescreen, Tracks, Hoist, Inferno, Warpath, Powerglide...

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet, gonna have to pick up Stormbringer, One Shots, and the Movie's

8. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

I love Nightbeat and Mark Bright was one of my favorite artists from the 80s, but the comic is way over priced, so I'm torn on the Nightbeat comic. I was mildly interested in the TFTM adaption, but (again) the standard $3.99 IDW price tag has removed any lingering desire to see Don's art or Bob redo the disasterous adaption from Marvel.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    does a dollar really mean that much to you?

o___O

10. artiepants

News Credits:
    ah, crap, i didn't see that.:mad  :mad  are they gonna explain, or just roll that out? Cuz i sure as hell am not paying that for 'Escalation' if Su's still ona art.
    honestly, it's a principle thing.
    i think Comics are pushing it @ $3 a pop ($2.25-$2.50 seemed more like it), and i've made a solemn vow to never go over that, unless, like X-Men Deadly Genesis, there's worthile extra content.

I've got a pretty long pullleist, so it makes a difference, even with the 20% discount i get at my shop.

11. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

*will happily purchase all comic offerings at the N.Z price of $7-9*

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge comic book fan, but this is going to be awesome. I'm concidering getting these. Although i do agree that it is a bit pricy.:D 

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

It's a lot of money, but well worth it for Don's artwork.

14. Seibertron

Seibertron Owner of Seibertron.com

I 100% agree. It should be one of the few shots that Snarl was in - maybe the scene where the Dinobots, including Snarl, can be seen in the Quintesson ship. Or maybe when the Autobots are being attacked by Galvatron and his minions on Earth before the 'bots take off in their ships.

15. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    OMG!

A new TFTM addaptation, by Buddiansky (he created f*ing Megatron man!) with art by Don Figueroa?! I'm sold. I don't care about the $3.99 pricetag... because comics are priced here at double that... yep $8 for this.

I'm also sold on the Nightbeat spotlight.

-airfox

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Not crazy about the price jacking up, but I'll put up with it because of how awesome a Don/Bob/original movie teamup would be. If all the books go up to $3.99 though, I may start picking and choosing instead of buying them all.

I wonder if this was IDW's big SDCC announcement?

17. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Hopefully we'll get more details at SDCC, anyway...

Sounds fun. If Sony can avoid screwing up YATFTM release, this'll go nicely with it. :) 

18. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Awesome. I actually sort of thought the Marvel adaption was rather weak, all rushed and chopped up and all that.
    The new thing sounds cool, and it's good to have Budiansky back to do some TF work.

19. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Hm...........

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I have no problem paying $4 for a TF comic with awsome art, tons of easter eggs and a gripping story.

Especially when Gas is over $3/gallon.

"Why go out? I have a stack of comics right here."