Anyone here collect Saint Seiya Myth Cloths? Post your collection here!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by P1atinumGQ, Jun 14, 2006.

1. P1atinumGQ

P1atinumGQ Devourer of Transformers

Hi guys, I notice that no one has posted anything about Saint Seiya Myth cloths here. These figures are arguably some of the best collectibles on the market right now. They are made of diecast parts, hand detailed, and contain a large amount of extra parts for different poses.

The only problem with this line is that they're not cheap (around $50-80 USD each), and that availability is limited since they are released in small quantities. Anyway, without further ado, I'll start off with my collection!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Cygnus Hyoga, Pegasus Seiya, Dragon Shiryu, Andromeda Shun

[​IMG]
    Top from left to right: Capricorn Shura, Gemini Saga, Aquarius Camus
    Bottom from left to right: Libra Douko, Evil Grand Pope, Cancer Deathmask

[​IMG]
    Top from left to right: Scorpio Milo, Virgo Shaka, Leo Aiolia
    Bottom from left to right: Aries Mu, Taurus Aldebaran, Sagittarius Aiolos

[​IMG]
    Left to right: Garuda Aiakos, Wyvern Radamanthys

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

Even though I don't have pics at the moment. I do have the following Cloths / Surplices:

Bronze Saints:
    Peagasus Final
    Dragon Shiryu Final
    Swan Hyoga Final
    Unicorn Jabu
    Wolf Naichi

Gold Saints:
    Aquarius Camus
    Virgo Shaka
    Libra Dohko
    Scorpio Milo
    Aries Mu
    Cancer Deathmask
    Taurus Aldebaran
    Gemini Saga
    Pisces Aphrodite

Hades Surplices:
    Wyvern Rhadamanthys
    Garuda Aiakos

Each new one seems harder to get than the last :) .

3. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

nexy week I should get Ban, Nachi, Aiacos and Hyoga V3, I'll take a group pic then (have almost all releases, except Mu and Camus)

and they can be a bit cheaper if you can find the right shop ;)  (for me it's a Belgian importshop, even cheaper than French official Bandai releases)
    and to think there are collectors that get 2 of each to display both figurine and armor

P1atinum, you opened them once or not?

4. P1atinumGQ

Cyclone_X: Nope, haven't opened them yet.

How much did u guys pay for Aphrodite? I preordered him from HLJ and they never got enough of him to get me one. Now, it's like $70 on ebay which is a lot for that figure (I don't even like him, it's only to finish off my gold saints).

Btw, did you guys order the Myth Cloth stands?

[​IMG]

It comes with 17 stands, 12 for the gold saints, and 5 for the bronze. Pretty cool for $10-15. :) 

5. Cyclone_X

I dont really care for the stands, and I already have 12 that came with Pope Scion, which I'm not gonna use, I prefer to put the characters in different poses ;) 

I payed €44.20 for Aphrodite ($56) for the Hong Kong released version (it has no sticker on the front)

and now that I think about it, I already had these pics online: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/RMtakara/Myth%20Cloth/Bronze/

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

When did you pre order Aphrodite from HLJ? I got Aphrodite from HLJ when they were in stock (think for about 2 days :) ) It cost 3800 yen +1200 yen shipping (I always ship SAL) so it cost me just about $50 cdn. $70 is a bit too much for Aphrodite. If you have the patience I'd just wait for the imminent re-issue.

I'm not looking forward trying to get Lyra Orpheus this month. Since I probably only have a 12 hour window for ordering.

I'm not too interested in the stands myself, I think they limit the posability too much.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Never seen so many of these at once, and did'nt know they cost so much. They definitaly look alot of fun

Anyone know some good sites to get these from and the names to the ones in Platinum GQ's post??

And what's their story? They remind me of Shogun but better.
    Did'nt know they were die cast. Would like to get a few of those. Especially that silver armored villain looking dude and the middle guy, bottom row in the first pic.

Thanks for the heads up

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

In PlatinumGQ's first picture the are as follows (Starting from the top going down, left to right):

Leo Aioria / Libra Dohko / Sagittarius Aiolos
    Cancer Deathmask / Taurus Aldebaran / Scorpio Milo
    Capricorn Shura / Gemini Saga / Aries Mu
    Aquarius Camus / Wyvern Rhadamathys / Virgo Shaka

Second Photo:

Dragon Shiryu Final Bronze / Pegasus Seiya Final Bronze

As to where to get them, you can try to get a couple of them at either HLJ or Amenbo, most of the North American sites dont carry them. Some will be a lot harder to find than others.

The figures themselves are roughly 6 inches in height and have articulation rivaling (and in some cases surpassing) those of Marvel Legends. The cool thing about them are the objects theat they come with. The "Object" is a representation of the constellation for that character, it is also the frame on which the character's armor (cloth) is stored. The cloth is usually about 30 pieces or so and mostly die-cast. In the case of Leo, when his cloth is on the object it looks like a lion but you can remove most of the parts off the object to assemble the character's armor (The pics on the front of the box shows the character in full armor).

I hope this helps as a start.

9. Chaos Muffin

Thanks for the cool info Cosmo.
    Very interresting line.

Might have to atleast get the one to represent the virgo lol . Looks like im stuck with Shaka.

Looks like it's safe to get that Wyvern Rhadamathys though . Did'nt know there was a wyvern constellation (or a dragon)

Id like to collect em all really, but price and rarity will make it tough.

So all their armor bits are considered 'cloths'? Even though they're die cast which I love.

Would like to see what those 'objects' look like with & without the armor. Also hope their armor stays on better than the Microman's. Which surely the do since they're bigger. But that's alot of armor hold.

I really like those stands. Bet they'd look real nice with them displayed under some glass.
    That 17 pack looks like a good deal.

Look foward to some more pics (or site link) , would like to see those weapons as well, and how they store.
    And too see if that Aiolos's wings open up.

10. Chaos Muffin

Found some pics of them from Bandai's website

Whoa Aiolos!!
    [​IMG]

and this is awesome!
    [​IMG]

11. P1atinumGQ

Hey Chaos Muffin, great to see another person interested in Saint Seiya Myth Cloths. One site that I go to, for update on Saint Seiya news is www.saintseiyagallery.com. The only bad thing is that it's mostly in Spanish, but usually they will have English translations of their news page. Check it out.

As to where to get them... I used to preorder from HLJ, but lately it seems near impossible. I never see the preorders anymore. It's probably cuz they sell out within a day or two and I miss out. Another place to look is ebay, which has decent deals. North American online stores tend to overcharge a bit. So which ones are you interested in now? Check out Aiakos, who is a Specter just like Radamanthys, and one of three judges of Hades.

Cosmo: I ordered Aphrodite a while ago when they had the preorders. They cancelled my preorder saying they didn't get as many as they hoped. Gah.

Oh, and when does HLJ have preorders up for Orpheus? That's definitely one I wanna get.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are indeed beautiful toys and even ladies in my country collects them. I passed them up because I find them more like "display pieces". Their articulation and sculpt is good...but to me, they lack the "x-factor" that ML and the Brave robots have.

Other factors that put me off are the prices and their availability - they can be hard to find.

13. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

The pre-order for Orpheus opened on March 29 and hit "Order Stop" on March 29 :)  (Its like trying to get concert tickets). Your best bet it so continually check HLJ starting next Friday since the release date is the June 30th.

Here is a link to pics for Aiakos :
    http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/sonota/sei/aiakosu/aiakosu.html

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Platinum: you MUST show pics of the figures and not just the boxes. These Myth Cloth series is waaaaaay too good. :thumb 
    I want to get a couple but those are really expensive and I just can't afford them.

15. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    I have an original Gold Capricorn from my childhood somewhere. Still complete if I remember correctly. Though I couldn't find any google pics for the thing. I remember my nephew (France) having a bunch of them including a green dragon, blue/ silver Andromeda. Cancer, Scorpio, Aquarius etc. Awesome stuff.

I noticed the new ones a couple ago from the hobbyshow reports. Is there any comparison website?

iDD

16. Cyclone_X

17. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

If you are thinking of getting a Virgo cloth CM you may want to wait until the September time frame. Bandai is issuing a new version of Shaka (I'm assuming with the updated body scuplt) . Just to explain that a bit better, all the Gold Saints in the series (the zodiac constellations) have the same basic body with same articulation points. But Bandai started releasing the Bronze Saints (the ones in the second picture from Platinum) with an updated body mould with a lot more articulation points - wrist pivot, etc. I am assuming that the new issue of Virgo Shaka will be with the updated body.

And there is nothing wrong being "stuck with" Shaka :) , in the anime he is one of the most powerful gold saints.

18. P1atinumGQ

QFT. Shaka is definitely very badass in the anime. He can take on 3 other gold saints at once. ;) 

edit: Actually from the site Cosmo posted, there are lots of detailed photoshoots of Myth cloths. Click this link :) 

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/gangubeya/gangubeya.html

BTW, Gemini Saga is probably my favorite gold saint of all time. He is just too badass, and his Myth cloth comes with his evil side, which turns into the Evil Pope as well. Two figures in one, now that's cool.

19. Cyclone_X

btw: there is a third type of body on which Bandai is working, even more realistic than the second version, but so far it is unknown when it'll be used for the first time

20. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    Yeah, only one problem. I can't read japanese. And from the looks of it these are only the new ones. I meant a gallery which has the old 1980s saint stuff.

iDD

*EDIT*
    I found it! on that gallery page.
    [​IMG]
    This is the one I have, complete but with some playwear. I love these things but it's too expensive a hobby to take up and I don't have any space left to display these properly.

iDD..... I allready have 3 very expensive hobbies