eBay query...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by tikgnat, Sep 2, 2006.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I won this auction, and generally g'd up about it, until I recieved it...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280018691501&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

When I got it, the box was in bubble wrap, and got crushed in the post.

Secondly, he says the box has never been opened, but there are two sets of tape, and the bottom set has been slit.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but I spent a pretty penny on this, and if you look at the bid history, I suspect the seller had something to do with the sudden hike up in price... the other bidders history isn't very frequent and has nothing to do with toys.

Lastly, he hasn't left me feedback, which as a seller (having sent the item)suggests he knows something might be up... and is holding off for fear of shitty feedback.

This is what I'm thinking of saying...

'I've just recieved the Skybolt, and I have a couple of issues.

i) The box was mangled in transit, the bubblewrap didn't protect the box from being crushed. The damage is cosmetic, but seeing as I paid over £50 for the item the packing was not adequate.

ii) The box has been previously opened, there are two sets of tape (on each side and you can see that the tape (on both sides) under the top layer of tape has been slit, therefore previously opened.'

Suggestions anyone?

2. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, so the tampered tape is easily removed (easy to peel off tape that layered on tape, and I opened the box... its all there and looks like it really hasn't been opened... just the tape was slit (for whatever reason).

So my only issue is mangled during transport... suggestions?

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Send a message to the seller, tell him that the item was recieved in bad condition, and that the packaging was not nearly adequate to protect the item.
    You may get a refund/discount, or, just send the item back and ask for a refund.

4. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thats the thing, this sucker is super rare (MIB at any rate) so I won't be sending it back. I'll try and wing for a discount... but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

5. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    How badly damaged is the box?
    If you dont want to send it back, I'm guessing that you may at least be able to get a postage discount/refund.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

The box was crushed in transit, as for the box being opened, there's a chance your customs office opened it. I know for a fact customs office in my country opens every package that comes from abroad. I had En. Shockblast's box cut when they were trying to check the contents, He was also just wrapped in bubblewrap.

7. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nah, the package was wrapped up pretty thoroughly, it wasn't opened by any customs/post people.

Besides, why would they attempt to mask the opening by trying to add more tape? Nah, I suspect the box really wasn't opened, but the tape was slit, so tape was reapplied.

The box itself is not actually badly damaged, its just that it USED to be pristine, and the package was literally the toy box (only) wrapped in bubblewrap, no structural support at all. I think I'll complain, but wait and see what happens.

8. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Really?
    Wow, thats out of order, next time you get an item sent to you, get the sender to attach a post-it note saying,
    'If you are reading this, get the hell out of my package!'

9. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, write a note saying,

'Congratulations! If you're reading this... you've got Anthrax!'

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

LOL, that's just cold.

But yeah, I'd contact the seller and ask for a partial refund. You didn't get what you paid for due to his absolutely pathetic shipping. Just wrapping something in bubblewrap and mailing it? That's the most rediculous shipping story I've heard yet.

If he refuses, than you could probably make a case of it with Ebay or PayPal.

11. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I don't think any toy is worth going to jail for...

12. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well an update for those that care, I emailed the seller, he asked for pics, I sent them, he said how much you want, I said 'X' amount and he said no problem, he'll paypal it to me asap.

Which was all rather easy and painless... almost too easy...

I kid. I'm all happy about winning this auction now. Soon my Centurions series 1 (mius some bad guys) will be complete...!

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I got alternator dead end from a board member here (from canada) and customs obliterated the box. they even cut the bubble loose from the cardboard tray, and didnt bother putting the bottom plastic tray back in the package, and they didnt tape anything shut either. Did it suck? oh hell yes. Would I hold the seller even partially responsible? never.

14. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, yeah, but in this case the package wasn't opened, it just wasn't wrapped properly. If a seller sold you an boxed G1 Overlord and literally just wrapped bubble wrap around it when he sent it, which then got damaged, would you be pissed?

This was the same thing.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

:lol  I think you hit that feedback issue on the nose. My crushed shipment sellers always stall on the feedback. Never left any bad feedback tho

Man that's a shame, the box looked all minty and I blame the postman for this one. Sometimes the best packaging materials can't stop their viciousness with our stuff. I swear they play soccer with them . Probably use the back of the mailtruck for a goal.

Id keep it and try to fix the box since it would be super hard to replace.
    Finding these with a box at all seems so hard to find. I gave up and went for the loosies but my connections may not be as good.

That's cool he refunded you some money for it, would leave him some good feedback. I bet he shipped many items out with one layer of bubblewrap and they ended up fine. He was probably as shocked as much as you were when you showed him the pics. He seems like a good honest seller. Stuff like this happens to the best of them. Too bad it had to be a boxed Centurion, oucho's

16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Still, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that using a BOX is better than just wrapping it in bubblewrap.

17. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've left him positive feedback.

No way I'm sending this back, as CM says boxed Centurions stuff is very rare, and usually goes for much moola. My next little project was actually in restoring some of my other boxed centurions... any tips?

What I was planning on doing was bracing the boxes from the inside and repacking all the bits with newly made inserts.

I was also gonna repair any windows and make new interior card bits for the main three and retwist tie them back onto the box... just so they make nicer display pieces.