Heroes of Cybertron Rereleases To Keep Original Packaging?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We just recieved images of some of the Heroes of Cybertron figures being rereleased. At San Diego Comic-Con Hasbro stated that a limited number of HoC characters would see a rerelease through Hot Topic. The packaging appears to be exactly the same, save for a Transfrmers.com logo below the bubble.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Hmm. I never did find any before. Might have to go to HT for these now.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could only find Megatron and Paradon Medic.

4. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Just a FYI, these were also solicited in this month's issue of Previews so they should be available through any of North America's comic book stores as well.

Spencer.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The addition of the "Transformers.com" button is not the only change. The Hasbro logo in the lower right corner of the original versions' packaging appears to be missing on these as well.

6. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These thing were always hard to find. I got most of mine hunting in the many Walgreens throughout NJ.

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Yes! Recently, I've been finding these again at various Rite-Aids as well as at some toy shows/cons. I have yet to come across a Soundwave or that particular Prime, so this is great news! Theyre not currently on the Hot Topic website, anyone know the price point? Hopefully, $3.99 or so still, but I doubt it...

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Cool...I got them all off bbts.com in waves except for the last one that had coronation SS in it because I already had the other figures from the takara acts of pvcs. I would like to find that one some time.

9. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

scored a bunch of these at a dollar store a few months back. never seen them since

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anyone else notice that these figures have no light pipeing in their heads. They also seem to be made of various colored plastics allowing only a small amount of paint to complete each figure unlike before where as each figure was entirely modled in translucent red or blue plastic and totally covered in paint from head to toe.

To see what I'm talking about go to tformers.com because they have larger pictures with more detail.

11. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Good I need a Non Axe Prime and a Non Mace Megatron

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Being Hot Topic, I thought they were the axe and mace versions.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah, these arent made with clear PVC anymore. they're like the takara versions. less paint on them means a lot of the detail stays intact, like megatron's face, which looked awful on hasbro's painted release. I can't wait.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Interesting, Entertainment Earth has had the listing for these for about a couple weeks, but it has Mace Megatron and Axe Prime instead of the regular versions, and Ultra Magnus is also supposed to be in the case. Guess I'll just play it by ear to figure out who's coming out first now.
    DN

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^^^mace megs, axe prime, and magnus appeared in the second wave of the original Heroes of Cybertron line. EE may just be selling some old leftover stock (since i always remembered that particular assortment being available -probably because not as many people wanted it compared to wave 1) OR hasbro may just be re-releasing those particular figures in the exact same wave assortment as they were previously realesed in for the original HoC line.

Just my guess.

16. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Except EE has them listed as "Heroes of Cybertron Wave 1" or something very similar to that, and they're slated for a November release, so I don't think its old stock.
    DN

17. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Then I guess Hasbro may just be including these 3 figures along with the wave 1 line-up that has regular prime, regular megs, rodimus, and soundwave just to beef up the selection for the retailers.

But again, thats just my guess.

18. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

unfortuanetly I didn't get them on the first release... so now I might have a chance to get a few.

19. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Since Hasbro has posted official pictures of Prime and Megatron, I'm guessing that the Axe and Mace versions won't be in the final assortment. EE's listings just call them Megatron and Optimus Prime (and don't mention either's energon weapon in the case layout, even though its in the picture). The only one I'll be needing in that case is Rodimus, already have the rest in their old clear plastic version. Though if they did release the axe and mace leaders I'd have to get them to try and complete my set :p 
    DN

20. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I may buy them all over again. Not for nothing but the original figures always had very sloppy paint apps on them. Alot of bleeding and smudges since the figures were entirely painted. My only prime (which was a pain to find) could have used a better paintjob to tell you the truth. Theres bleeding around his torso and a small spot on his right foot with the blue paint scraped off so when i shine his eyes up with a light his foot also glows a bit. Then again, as the line progressed the paint application got better -especially during series 4 with fort max.

One thing that really grinded my gears was when the only grimlock i found & bought ended up having 2 left legs (upper and lower parts). i went back to walgreens to exchange it but they were all sold out of hoc's and so for some odd reason i called hasbro up and asked if i could exchage it for a new one (bad idea folks but i didn't know at the time). they said they could replace it with a new figure. instead they sent be a armada perceptor in a busted up package. thanks hasblow.

on another note i'm a bit uneasy having these being sold at hot topic. only because the people who run my local store are borderline insane. they hide behind displays and jump out at you saying "BOOGEHDIBOO!" and act like the world dislikes them. i've only been to their store 4 times to buy gifts for friends or because people i was with wanted to go there. plus their store smells funny all the time (don't ask me why) so i just like to stay away. thank god for online shopping.