First Glimpse of Combiner Wars Computron?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jacer, Jan 7, 2016.

1. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Looks like I was right about Strafe being Air Raid. Lets see what other ones I got right. :thumb s

Randy

2. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

it's retooling.

damn you hasbro. now I have no choice but to purchase the G2 Bruticus set, or i'll have more Scattershots than Onslaughts. I mean, i was getting the G2 Bruticus set anyway, but still.

I thought this might end up being a light spending year for Transformers, after the 500 i spent last year.

NOPE.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    BUUUUUUUUUT

Different feet.

So it's likely the grayscale image is a mockup of Computron with Drillhorn as the Nosecone leg.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice.

I'm still waiting on TakTom's version though.

5. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Frigging Silverbolt... that figure has been bothering me ever since the beginning and we now have a 3rd use of this mold for a combiner and possibly 4th with Computron... his friggin thighs are such an eyesore...

6. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um... That's Sky Lynx...

7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Welp, so much for Liokaiser. Unnecessary Deathsaurus/Leozack-hybrid bullshit confirmed. Why? It makes no sense. Sky-Lynx looks nothing like Deathsaurus and Leozack isn’t just a Combiner torso without a robot mode who turns into a bizarre mutation of Deathsaurus’ beast mode.

So they killed two characters with one mold for me, Sky-Lynx himself because he can’t separate and suffers from unnecessary Combiner-syndrome and now Liokaiser because Leozack is now a weird Deathsaurus-mutant.

Let’s hope that somehow this is Hasbro and Takara will just repaint & retool Silverbolt/Cyclonus and give us a proper Leozack.

Not gonna lie, I’m really salty about this. A new Liokaiser with new updated figures of all these characters I wanted (Hellbat!) but ruined because of the stupid Sky-Lynx mold. Bah. Oh well, it’s for the better I guess, Breastforce members without their animal partners suck anyways.

Also, this might be the only recent topic discussing two possible Combiners and both turn out to be true :lol 

8. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    :rip 

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Hopefully Takara will be the one releasing a remoulded Cyclounus into a proper Leozack. They love their G1 accuracy you know..lol.

10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    This thread is going to be a never ending source of fun.

But the weird thing is...I'm like 99% sure that wasn't Sky Reign's leg in the prototype pic from yesterday. It's way to thin at the base. I could be wrong since we've only got a few product pics to go off of, but it's entirely possible Liokaiser was "first" and somebody was toying with Computron by putting Drillhorn on Silverbolt/Scattorshot.

11. T.V.

T.V. New Member

Composite Computron mockup

I spliced the two Computron images together and they seem to be part of a single picture.

Since Afterburner is rumored to be based on UW Groove, I'd hoped that a new UW Blast Off similarly might've been a mold brother of Strafe, but that's not to be, however.

Attached Files:

12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks.

There are very clearly a couple different things going on right now (Computron, Liokaiser, new hands and feet, box sets vs individual releases, Hasbro vs Takara releases).

Things I've noticed:

*Liokaiser doesn't have the Sky Reign sword but a double-barreled blaster I've not seen before (could be artistic license, of course) and a crazy melee-mace thing (that has to be artistic license, right?)

*Liokaiser appears to have the standard HFG as all other releases

*The Liokaiser art and Computron photo have different placements of the drill attachment in foot-mode, and those are both different than how Botcon Ramhorn has it in the mock-ups

*There appears to be some sort of retooling on 'Strafe' in the above photo to give him blaster(s) near the nose

*Computron (in the photo) has new hands and feet that are completely different than the non-HFGs Victorion has

*Doesn't look like the Scattershot in that photo has any tooling differences from the currently-released one (same chest, same head)

13. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They straight up told us they would be doing new hands and feet, back when they first showed us Victorion. They noted new hands and feet with ankle tilts. So this is not unexpected.

14. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

AND IIIIIIIIIIIII (HOLY SHIT), WILL ALWAYS LOOOOVE YOU!!!!

15. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yay Computron.

Ugh... Superion head.

16. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Oh what was the discussion about then earlier regarding the grainy black and white pic? is that Computron then?

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The black and whites from yesterday were Computron. It just so happens they *both* use a drill as their left leg.

18. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All basically pointless since apparently both combiners are happening.

19. T.V.

T.V. New Member

It won't be long until the full (color) image surfaces then, like Liokaiser's.

Strafe (based on Air Raid, if you look at the arms) seems to have been redesigned similarly or even more than Betatron compared to Silverbolt.

For one, it now has a canard wing layout: Notice the smaller wings on the torso (upperarm of Computron) vs the bigger wings, with 5mm port on the legs (combiner forearm).
    Also the standard nose/cockpit looks to be replaced by a gunbarrel-like nose section.

20. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing there's no Hasbro Liokaiser on the way but I wonder if we'll get versions of the new retooled Deluxes separately.

Computron was my favourite combiner back in the day (Who doesn't like futuristic vehicles?) and Liokaiser is what I wanted Sky Reign to be.

Sky Reign doesn't seem to have a theme like the other combiners (rescue, military, jets, etc). I'm getting the impression that Sky Reign got Battlecore Optimus's team who in turn ended up with the original red CW Optimus's.