Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

Okay, but the difference is that you ran into one employee who wasn't familiar with the products and one who was. If it was your job on the line and you weren't sure if you were supposed to sell the item or not, would you have risked it for a $4 sale? I like the layaway idea or even an "I'll set this in the office and check with my supervisor, then call you back." That would certainly have been better customer service, but I don't think you can blame the whole store for one guy who's just trying to follow the rules he was given. The register says not to sell it, might be a good idea to hold off on selling it until you're sure. My point is that the customer frustration and scaring the crap out of retail workers could all be avoided if Hasbro wasn't so ridiculously controlling over their little street dates and secret releases.

2. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    It's just a big minimally articulated figure. There may be even bigger ones that talk. I think there is a 'my size' line of Star Wars figures, like 32 inches or something.

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I tried this morning, no dice. It rang up as "Do Not Sell Until 9/4". The cashier called a manager over who said, "I'm sorry, this has been happening all week, we can't sell anything Star Wars until next Friday." To which I said, "If it's been happening all week why do you still have all of this stuff on the shelves?" to which she just apologized again and gave me a $3 "apology voucher".

The best part is you can go to Target's website and buy all of these same toys right now and have them delivered before the street date. This retroactive street date thing is one of the dumbest moves I've seen a store do.

To reward Target I went to Amazon and bought my Luke - it was cheaper there anyway, even with the voucher. Problem solved. :thumb 

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That one store said the Star Wars stuff they aren't supposed to sell is part of their current floor plan.

To me that suggests this was intentional on Target's part and comes off like a bait and switch that all of the stores are now being forced to deal with.

Good on you for going to some place other than Target.

5. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cottage Grove Target has 3 of them at $12.48. You want me to grab them for you?

6. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Target might banish you for life if you attempt to buy them....tread lightly my friend.

7. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

Thank you very much! Following your tip, I went to Target after work yesterday and picked up a Cyclonus. Oh my goodness he is such a beautiful figure!

8. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Edina Target has 3x Cyclonus and one Hot spot, Bloomington Target has bupkiss.

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Battle Core fell through a wormhole and landed on my doorstep this afternoon. In person, he looks better. Still a head-swap on Red Prime, but I've got some different limb combos I want to try and will get pics up tonight yet.

Maybe.
    --------
    EDIT: WHO WORE IT BEST?!

Attached Files:

10. Jertallica

Jertallica Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The next FrankieCon will be on Saturday, November 21, 2015 from 10am-4pm. This time, the convention will utilize the entire dining room area.

I AM LOOKING FOR HELP. I have only just solidified a date, but I would like to include some of you in the planning if possible. On top of general planning, I am looking for additional volunteers for help with a FrankieCon website and poster design/advertising. This would require one or two meetings at Frankie's to iron out plans and details. I will buy pizza. PM me if interested.

PS - I will be considering FrankieCon a separate entity from our meet-ups. I will be utilizing a new thread for the details. I will bow out from attempting to plan future meet-ups for the time being.

11. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Can you all imagine, Target turning away the sale of a Star Wars Black 6" Obi-Wan Kenobi because of the street date fiasco? Hah!

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I will be out of town that weekend unfortunately. So if anybody has any goodies I may be looking for I'd be willing to send a proxy.

13. Jertallica

Jertallica Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope enough of you have Trypticons, because we will definitely be putting on a race at the next Frankiecon in November! There will be a trophy.

14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Bring spare Bumblebees to donate to the Grand Bumblebus Maximus. We can at least start assessing what parts we'll have before tackling the project.

15. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Just got mine! I've always wanted him, ever since I found out he walked... my wife is not as impressed as I am by it, but I did get a single "oh, that's relly cute!" out of her, so... success!

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    So...here's what four waves worth of Combiner Wars look like.

Honest Battle Core Review:
    1) Improved hips. Yep...I noticed something seemed different last night and this morning a few people over in the news-thread have been confirming it. He's got improved hips in torso mode. That's pretty cool.

2) Head Sculpt. It looks much better in person. Not flat as it appears in most stock photos.

3) Combined Mode is less impressive. There are certain limbs he looks good with. But his "official" config looks kind of weird with the solid whites and greys. Maybe I'm biased having put them on Red Prime for this long, but I definitely prefer that combination.

4) Weapon. I really would've liked to have seen them either give him a new weapon, or just give him Motormaster's. It would've helped him stand out a bit more over Red Prime.

Verdict: If you're a CW Completionist, go for it. He and Galvatronus so far are the only two "new" official Combiners, so that should always be encouraged. Otherwise, pass on him and plug everything into the original CW Prime for the Energon homage.

I'll keep my fingers crossed somebody makes a trailer that can form limbs. At which point I'll go back to Maximus and put that on Red Prime.

In the meantime, enjoy this unofficial "Nova Prime" configuration I came up with, using Slinger/Bravo/Blackjack/Brake-Neck/Offroad. I kind wonder how it'd look with the Perfect Effect Menasor torso kit.

Attached Files:

17. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I would consider buying it for that alone.... the nova prime config does look cool. You saw the article about
    his original design possibly being Nova Prime due to info leaked from TF: Devestation
    right?

18. crjo0101

crjo0101 Well-Known Member

Are there any Transformer sellers at the state fair? I'm going there today.

19. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Downtown Target has 1x Gigantic RID Bumblebee. nothing else of interest.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are speed modded Gigastorms allowed in the race? Gigastorm is the only version I own of the mold.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015