California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Logicfry

Logicfry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CW wave 3 dlx(1set) is at west sac WalMart as of 4:26am today.

2. ax255

ax255 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pleasant hill toysrus had two devastators on Sat...soon as they opened...I got one...as did someone e else

3. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just my personal tidbit. Most of the Transformers exclusives from the Hasbro booth at SDCC has made it to Sunday for the last 3 years. I remember because I ended up getting stuff on Sunday without a ticket.

4. Naytron

Naytron @naytrontf

I don't think so since you have to scan that barcode. But there should be an online coupon code floating around somewhere. Good luck!

5. cdavid3

cdavid3 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. toysroom27

toysroom27 Well-Known Member

colma target has 2 combinerwars thundercracker

7. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I love to give you many "liked" for sharing your insights... is anyone expecting Hasbro to use another method to give true fans what they want? or rounds and rounds of elimination like these waiting in lines?

8. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The described method is what they've used for almost 10 years now. I don't see it changing any time soon.

9. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True Sundays you do not need tickets but I stopped getting all 4 days and just get Thursday, Friday, and Saturday after they started printing those damn 4 day badges. When Hasbro puts their stamp on the back of your name badge those limits are for the entire convention, Thursday through Sunday. Once you reach the limits on that 4 day badge you are done buying.

If you get single day badges a new stamp for each day will be issued and they will have "no idea" if you have bought anything prior. Hell the line lady could see me Thursday with one badge and then a new badge on Friday and then a new one on Saturday. Even if she knows that I bought something on Thursday and she is the one that actually sold me toys to the limit for example, she cannot deny me in purchasing anything on Friday as I have a new stamp for a new day.

When I went to get my last 4 day badge three years ago or so I pleaded with the processor to separate the badge into separate days but she said she could not do that so I was screwed and so were my Canadian friends I buy for. Never again from there on.

10. Keldroc

News Credits:
    Sounds like a good change on their part to me.

11. rhodium1977

News Credits:
    Well it not Hasbro's fault nor change since the primary reason for the four day badge by comic con is to reduce waste and the scalping of multiple day badges. Looking on Ebay that really has not worked. Understandably Hasbro cannot re-stamp the same badge. The limit by hasbro for the entire convention has always been that way.

12. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has been my experience too. Also last year on Sunday Bandai had a line in the afteroon you get into to buy their exclusives with out having a ticket.

13. Keldroc

News Credits:
    And any way that helps them enforce that limit is a good thing. It's hard enough for show attendees to get these things without people buying four times the limit for people who don't even bother to show up. And I say that as an avowed non-attendee of SDCC.

14. ax255

ax255 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The rest of Defensor has shipped from HST...well...80% of Defensor.

15. rhodium1977

News Credits:
    On that note that is why limits have decreased over the years because of the use of single day badges. It used to be when I first went (9 years ago) limits of 4 or 5 per day were seen which was ridiculous. That helped sell out the convention way too early. Now it is 1 or 2 which is fair but you still need to show up, stand in line for a ticket (excluding of course Sunday) etc. Preview Night and Sunday from what I have heard is where they do not limit or limiting is haphazard at best.

My friends in Canada are cool. If I am able to get them stuff great if not don't sweat it. Hell I have better things to do than wait in lines. I feel obligated to help them since they help me with Botcon stuff.

You should at least try to attend Comic Con once if you have sworn off the toys. It is not that bad unless you a claustrophobic type then maybe stay home. Cosplayers galore, panels, etc. frankly it is a lot more exciting than Botcon for me. I have personally pulled away from toys the last two years simply because I did not have the funds nor was interested in the stuff available. Got to actually enjoy the convention! Last two years were the best yet and I have been going continuously since 2006. Unable to get tickets this year but hey we all need a break sometime right.

16. rhodium1977

News Credits:
    Oh if anyone is hot for Leader Class Thundercrackers there is like 7 at the Westminster Mall Target for $45.99 as of earlier yesterday. I would never have imagined that Thundercracker would be a shelfwarmer.

17. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target has 15 percent off generations and combiner wars thru cartwheel app

18. Keldroc

News Credits:
    I've been to SDCC in 1996 and 2006-2012. I had fun in 1996, but if I hadn't been obligated to go the other years for work, I would not have, at least not after seeing what it had become in 2006. Never again if I can help it. It's by far the worst convention I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot. I have no idea how people spend thousands to go every year and feel they got their money's worth. I don't feel the organizers have any respect for the attendees' time or money.

19. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Devy price sticker ($149.99) is on the shelf at TRU La Mesa, none in stock as of late last night.

20. ahchu

ahchu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Target San Ramon has 1 Hot Spot, 1 Groove, and 1 Warpath. Target San Leandro has a 2 Warpath and 2 Groove. Packages on all are beat up.