Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Wow, Jeff. Those are amazing.

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are fantastic. I knew there were some 'Lucky Draw' Braves, but had only seen a few from the Exkiser series.

Congrats on some truly unique items!

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
  4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The first four of Fighbird, about a quarter of Da Garn, the first half of Might Gaine, none of J Decker or Goldran, the first third or so of Dagwon, and all Gaogaigar (which is coming out on in the US on DVD now anyway).
    Basically the series that have subs, there are enough of to get a feel for what the series is like. I recommend checking out all of them, they all have their good points and are extremely enjoyable.

5. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
  6. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Just got my first ever Brave mecha (BR 01 Might Gaine and BR 03 Might Gunner), they're one hell of a pair of bricks but they still kick some major ass. Curse me for not ordering Kaiser with them.

7. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    HOLY CRAP!! I never knew there were lucky draw GGG toys. And by the looks of it, they're all rare as hell too!

Defantly drool worthy!

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A question here...does anyone know the release date of the reissue of Goldran?!

9. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    I seriously question whether it's coming at all.

It was up for preorder at BBTS, but got cancelled - Joel indicated it was to be a web exclusive and he couldn't get any. Then they weren't going to make it unless there were a certain number of preorders (?), and I haven't heard anything else about it in months.

Hiatus on the Brave Revival and bookstyle reissue series while Kiss Players gets the green light? Riiiiiiight.:rolleyes2 

10. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    It just came out, apparently. There's pics of it all over the TF Image board and 2chan's mecha board

11. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D  If that's true, it's the most delighted I'll have ever been to be wrong about something!

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, there are some nice pics on the TF Message Board's second page. Gorgeous box, all the chrome looks nice, although Great Goldran is a nightmare to photograph now moreso than ever.

13. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Links?

14. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Somebody said Great Baan Gaan?

[​IMG]

I think its still on the slate.

Goldran, the Brave Of Bling (full plated version):
    (Picture from the TF Imageboard.)

[​IMG]

15. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I managed to find the TF Imageboard (I think), but have been poking around every link I could find for 30 minutes with no luck on Goldran. Saw some cool customs, though.

Post links when you know em, folks! ;) 

http://transformers.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

16. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, hang on...

Follow this link:
    http://transformers.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Then click on the first active link (looks like this):
    トランスフォーマー・勇者総合アップローダー

When that page opens, you'll see a pic of the deluxe Prime repaint. Scroll all the way down past Uni-head and click the button on the bottom left to get to the Goldran pics.

Sheesh - if there's an easier way to navigate around this site, please let me know!

17. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You're right..pain in the butt to get to....but DAMN if that ain't cool and shiny!!

18. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found few pics !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! He looks awesome but where can I order him online?! From that website posted above?

20. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Got my CM's GaoFighGar this week, here's my impressions on him.

[​IMG]

Phantom Gao - nicely done, he looks just like he did in the anime. A few parts are a little sensitive - the boosters, for example, move very easily if knocked. The wings also pop out and can be hard to reattach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GaoFar - incredibly well done. He's spot on to his appearance in Final, and has a nice range of poseability. He's also got a decent amount of die cast in his upper legs and his body. Also, he has a beautiful finish that photos cannot do justice to - the plastic has little glittery sparkles in it which gives him a nice metallic look, although the other three parts of the set do not follow suit (possibly because they do not have the "shimmer" effect when they transform in the OVA, if you've seen it you'll know what I mean).
    The wings from Phantom Gao mode can be folded in, but I prefer to remove them since they can get in the way of the poseability.

[​IMG]

Drill Gao II - very nicely done. The drills can pop forwards, separating into three separately rotating sections at the push of a button, and the tracks are rubber. When you split it to make GaoFighGar's legs, the connector plugs on the right leg fold in, so there are no exposed connectors - good engineering there.

[​IMG]

Liner Gao II - my least favourite of the Gao Machines in this set, it seems a bit too short, a bit too tall and a bit too thin compared to how it looked in the anime. However, that is to make the transformation into GaoFighGar's shoulders possible. It still looks pretty good in spite of that.

[​IMG]

Stealth Gao III - spot on to the animation, the vents on the back are molded open but can be swapped for closed ones, which is a nice touch I feel.

[​IMG]

GaoFighGar himself is very well done. The transformation is accurate to the show as far as possible (Liner Gao II's boosters come off as two pieces rather than all six coming off individually). Because of the way GaoFar transforms into Phantom Gao, his hips can swing outwards, allowing for a wider stance and both legs to stand evenly on the ground. GaoFighGar also seems to have a much better range of articulation than Genesic GaoGaiGar, though I can't comment on the original GaoGaiGar CMs released since I passed on that one. The only things to watch out for are the crest on the head - which on mine at least pops off fairly easily - and the upper torso, which tends to unlock and rock backwards if you're not careful because of the plastic weight.
    The wings work exactly like they do in the animation, they unfurl and then can "power up" with a green glow around them, which is achieved by attaching these green plastic pieces.

[​IMG]

Here's the helmet transformation. I thought this was extremely well done, since it as physically far as possible mirrors the transformation of GaoFighGar's helmet.

[​IMG]

GaoFighGar comes with both Dividing and Gatling Drivers. Like in the anime, he has one "handle" section, which you can then attack either the Dividing Driver or the Gatling Driver head to. Pretty cool, considering CMs could have just repackaged the Dividing Driver from their first GaoGaiGar.

[​IMG]

The Protect Wall is a nice piece, I think it is just the same as the one from the first GaoGaiGar CMs released, but it is still a welcome inclusion.

GaoFighGar includes multiple hands - a pair of open hands and fists, a "G Stone" hand and a hand for his Protect Wall. He also comes with a Hell and Heaven hand(s). GaoFar only has the pair attached to him, though. I feel a little cheated that CMs didn't also include a Broken Phantom in the set, since the instruction booklet shows GaoFighGar can take the original GaoGaiGar's, but I guess you can't have everything. One annoyance, though, is that the vents on Stealth Gao III, which connect to the sides of GaoFighGar, appear to be attached upside down. They can still plug into the holes for them, but it is far more of a struggle since they aren't where they are meant to be in the first place.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this one. He's well designed, and with the exception of that one flaw and the exclusion of a Broken Phantom he is a perfect representation of the character on screen. Worth getting if you're a fan and can afford the price tag.