Cybertron Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Numlock, May 21, 2006.

1. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but if you had read down to post #3 of this very thread, on PAGE ONE, you would have found a link to many, many fan modes. That's not too hard, right? Page back to page one. Go down to post #3. Clink linky-thing. There, lots of fan modes linked from near the top of the page. Everyone is happy. The cosmic dance begins anew. Etc.

2. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    In his defense, the link on the first page is linking to the Allspark which is not working at the moment.

3. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

EXACTLY:thumb 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well then we're all outta luck unless someone wants to take a pic of their own, because that's all we've had here was a link to their thread.

5. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    yep allspark is down thats y i asked too when will it be back up agian!but untill im gonna sit down and enjoy a toca:hookday  :hookday  :hookday 

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here you go:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I didn't come up with this last mode, but I think it rocks! Vector Prime Launch Pad :rock  :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    you have a pic of the fort max mode? legs out to the side, like in my birthday haul thread? well hell... :lol 

I like the smaller mobile mode, too bad the arms don't touch the ground :( 

[​IMG]

-Andy

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Redline do you need a name for that mode? How about "Spread Eagle mode?":p 

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    spread eagle lol, good one.

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    :p  I just call it his Fortress Mode. I'd make a gesture but I like having no warning points :D 

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I love this one. It's about as close to the original Metroplex as you can get with the new one. Plus it makes a nice rolling base for the Minicons.

Fort Max mode looks good as well, Red! It actually reminds me a little of the original Metroplex city mode, as well, so these two fanmodes really bring the homage together.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i also like the one above! yay!

now i just need more plane minicons :( 

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like cata's so much i took my own:

[​IMG]

also did a variation on it, wanna see it? here it goes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just bought him today, and he's pretty awesome. I hate that he's missing some of the Japanese paint apps, but the dark blue is much cooler at least. I'm having a lot of fun messing with him and learning all the fan-made alt modes. It's a shame the "official" one is nowhere near as cool eh?

Guys, it's possible for this "small mobile mode" to have the arms touching the floor, you just have to shift the upper body properly.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really? no wonder mine kept toppling backwards.

*goes and tries*

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On one surface it did look to be touching the ground completely but on another it wasn't quite there. Still, it does seem I was able to get it closer than Cataclizm had, unless I'm absolutely insane. Don't rule that possibilty out :p 

17. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I've had Metroplex for about a week now, and I've decided that he's a pretty cool figure. I got him on 10% discount (damaged box), although I still feel the price is a little steep. However, I like the color scheme, as well as the detailing (which isn't half bad). The alt mode...well, he was built around the robot mode, much like E-Prime, E-Shockblast, etcetc...so if you're going to discount C-Metroplex for a bad alt mode, you'd might as well add those guys to the mix as well.

In any case, my biggest gripe (beyond even the alt mode) is the lack of handles on the giant "Sparkdrinker." I think it's cool that it can be held as a staff, but come on...would it really have been so hard to extend that baby-handle near the clamp on the bottom of the ax to a full blown handle...?

He's certainly different from Prime and Galvatron in that he has fewer features and, "Oh, cool, look!" things, but I suppose that's why he's priced as a leader and not a supreme, despite clearly being in that size class.

EDIT: Also, he looks best when posed against a LoC figure. Hopefully getting Megatron soon to have some fun with that. :) 

18. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Caved and snagged Metroplex this morning at Wal Mart. The fact that he came with Clocker kinda helped since I wasn't looking forward to Metroplex too much at the time.

After reading many reviews months ago, I decided to pass on Metro due to his craptacular alt mode and super lanky battle mode. But when I saw him at Wal Mart today for $32.88 and a free Clocker, I decided to give him a shot.

Glad I did as Metroplex has now taken Optimus' place as my favorite in the line (not counting Primus as he is in a category all by himself).

Sparkdrinker is interesting to say the least. I had seen pics of the Gigano-Guitar and thought HasTak had tried to pull a fast one on us. But now in person, it completely and utterly blows me away. They could've not had lights, sounds, and the Cyberkey gimmick on it and made it some sort of Target Master thing. It's plenty big enough to accomadate transformation to some sort of robot mode, perhaps even a snake of some sort...

Drillbit. I expected this to be a Leader-1 repaint with new guns designed to look like drills. I still get this vibe, but it's obviously not and makes Leader-1 look like a damn GoBot....Both modes are excellent. But the fact that he's a minicon raises an interesting observation. Obviously the minicons in armada were out of scale (toys) as opposed to their cartoon counterparts (but then again, everything in Armada was). So my point is, if Metroplex is supposed to tower over Prime, then why would his minicon come up to his ankle?

"Alt-Mode": Looks like Metro is going to mass....I'll stick with the fanmodes. But after messing with the alt mode for a little bit earlier, I must say that it isnt as bad as I thought.

Work Mode: I actually dont care as much for this mode, people complain about the battle mode being all out of proportion but I actually get that more from this mode. Nice little addition, more thought out than the alt mode at least.

Battle Mode: Beautiful. Serisouly, I love it. Cant say anything that hasnt already been said about it so I'll leave it at that.

Overall. Can't beleive I didn't snag this guy when he first came out. As kickass as this is, I am pretty tempted to import Megalo Convoy.

And just since he came with Metroplex, I'll comment on Clocker.

POS. Horrible paint apps, super floppy transformation. Nice custom fodder though. And it was free, so mustn't complain.

19. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I opened mine tonight too. Pretty cool. Really huge. Wish the white piece under his head clipped down more, kinda falls open if you hold him wrong.

I also like that his limbs ratchet. Super poseable.

Picked him up on the promo deael with the bonus scout.

Only complaint, his backside in robot mode is a little plain. But I think a few paint apps will help.

20. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

the plain backside is easily repairable.

As a side note, those ratchets are TIGHT. I have ratchet's in my barn out back that I wish were at tight as those on Metroplex....