Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for answering some of my queries, I'll repost these for Bob though:

God, I'd love a making of book that details every script for the film series.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd also say over all that I was about a 3.

There were some really great moments like when Blackout is just owning the military base and when Barricade was all up in Sam's face. Moments you could really bother your Autobot friends with my faction is cooler than your faction.

Even with a really cool voice actor I just really missed Megatron's arm cannon and I had a bit of a disapointed feeling that he'd been on ice too long. A bit of the Megatron swagger would have been nice to show how confident he is. Sort of felt disapointed to wait so long for Starscream in the film only for him to not have much to say.

What killed the over all score for me was how easy Blackout and the other Decepticons felt to take down. Guess I was expecting them to be a bit tougher in a fight than they were. Sort of like paying to see a boxing match only to have a knockout in the first round.

Anyway a 7 sounds pretty good, enough to be happy, but wanting enough to come back for a Transformers part 3.

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Is it ok if I ask my questions again Mr. Orci? They wern't answered. :( 

4. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

ask away

5. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I dunno. They all seemed pretty tough to me. Not even three Autobots could take down Brawl, and Megatron trounced everybody. It's only when the humans got involved that they suddenly grew a glass jaw. That's the thing with involving humans so heavily in a fight. In order for them to hold their own, the giant robots have to be diminished in some way.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So Bob,

were the early Transformers names leaked to the internet really "code names" like Bay claimed (as in "We already know what they will be called eventually, but we're using these fake names to throw people off"), or were they just honest working names (as in "We don't know yet what we will eventually call them, so we're just using these names until we can think of something better")? I mean, the Autobots were decided upon pretty early (other than Ironhide replacing Arcee), but the Decepticons in particular went through a lot of aliases and changes and stuff.

7. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mr Orci...

Are you involved with anything for TF:ROTF at the upcoming Comic-Con?

If yes does this include any footage of any kind as i've seen many conflicting reports on what will be happening at SDCC.

8. Bob Orci

Half true. We knew the names of most, but he was so upset by leak that he put out a bit of disinformation, even claiming that we, the writers, had no idea which characters we were writing, which as I hope is painfully obvious, is absurd on its face.

9. Bob Orci

We will be there for Fringe and Eagle Eye, but we are not part of anything for TF, although I imagine there will be some little tid bit.

10. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks... Hope it goes well

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I think it might have been the humans making the Decepticons look like they had glass jaws or glass crouches. Bonecrusher went down pretty quick, but then Prime has always been John Wayne, Chuck Norris, Rick Flair, and several other bad asses all rolled into one robot so it really takes something to even have a chance against Prime.

Maybe if Prime had gone all Mortal Kombat on Blackout it would have seemed his death was worth more.

Fingers crossed that Bob's 7 means no more glass jaws :D 

12. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Mr Orci,

1. are you going to explain the origin of the Allspark in a possible third episode?
    2. will we ever see combiners or super-giant transformers?

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I doubt they'll ever explain it. I believe Bob himself said explaining the Allspark would be like George Lucas deciding he needed to explain the Force as being created by tiny creatures living in our cells in The Phantom Menace. That sucked.

Magical, mysterious things the audience likely accepts at face value of you don't attempt to explain it.

14. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Mr. Orci,

I'm passing up the other 35 or so pages, and hoping no one else has asked this...

Fan speculation arose at the end fight in TF1 that Starscream may have fired upon Megatron when the other F-22 Raptors bombed him, having hidden himself among them.

Is there any light to shed on this subject? Was that intentionally left ambiguous, or was it just one of those situations the fans thought about too deeply?

15. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Mr Orci.. one of my favorite parts of the first movie was the score, especially the Allspark/Optimus/Arrival leitmotif/theme. I thought that piece just really fit Prime and the Autobots perfectly.. anyways, getting to the point.. do you know if it's planned (or wanted) to bring back Mr. Jablonsky to score the 2nd movie? And if so, will we be seeing some of the same music (sort of like how the Star Wars films use similar pieces throughout the series)?

Thanks.

16. Nevermore

News Credits:
    He sorta-answered that last year.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Roberto, will there be any seeker clones in this film?

18. Nevermore

News Credits:
    So what was the tank named again? :) 

Just kidding! Just kidding!

19. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does it feel like to see a script you wrote come to life on the big screen?

20. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Ok, here are the questions I did ask earlier on...

1. First off, is there expected to be more characterization and emphasization among the Transformers in the sequel?

2. How many Transformers series have you seen besides G1. And which one is your favorite so far?

3. I know that Peter Cullen was the only voice actor from a previous show in the TF franchise. Will there be other voice actors from the previous TF series besides Cullen?

4. Is Galvatron and/or Unicron expected to be in the sequel or any future sequels?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.