Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Only thing i can say i really REALLY wanna see if not in TF2 but maybe TF3 is Ratchet being his ornery, self going on one of his infamous medic rants hehe. That would be so fun to see in the movie universe and get back his contradictory personality vs his position/job.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:

First scene:

3. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

That's one of Alex and mine's early drafts, before we even hired Michael Bay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

Sleep much...?

5. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Mr. Orci,

What do you think of the DreamWave's Generation 1 Volume 1 opening part, where all the transformers are found in the artic? Why didn't you chose this, to make the robots seem ancient, like arrived on Earth before us?

Or putting their arrival in 1986 and making the 2007 movie just the latest battle? In the movie they arrive and start messing up so much very quickly: not a very good disguise.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Erm, they weren't all found in the Artic. In Dreamwave's continuity they crashed on Earth in 1984, just like the Marvel and cartoon continuities. The ones in the ice were just the survivors of the Ark 2 explosion... and Movie Megatron was found in the artic, anyway.

As for the arrival date, because the 2007 movie was to introduce Transformers to a wider audience who (for the most part) don't know *anything* about Transformers at all. The majority of Transformers storylines truly begin when they arrive on Earth and the humans are involved.

Having the Autobot protoforms land so close to humanity is to immediately involve them with us. Having them all crash in the middle of nowhere (like Prime did) is kind of boring.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bob,

What were Prowl and Wheeljack like in your early drafts? When did Ironhide come in?

What did you intend for the aircraft carrier? Or is it something that only exists in concept art? You told IGN you wanted to have the 'Cons attacking many places simultaneously on Earth.

What was up with initially naming Blackout Grimlock? Did you ever have a draft with him as Soundwave or was it just concept art overlap like you said on the official forum? When did Scorponok come in? Was Ravage in a 'really' early draft?

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He came in between the two script drafts I have on my hard drive. Since Bob said that the first one was pre-Bay, and the second draft features Blackout as "Vortex", which Bob said was in one of the first drafts after Bay was added, I guess Arcee was dropped pretty soon after Bay signed up.

Bob said in an interview that the aircraft carrier WAS actually included in one draft. :) 

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Was going to reply to this, but Nevermore beat me to it. As he describes it is exactly how my copy starts.

Ah, thanks for that. It's always interesting to see the different design phases of a movie production. It's rather fascinating in a way.

So, just out of curiosity, would you say that the script changed more after Michael Bay came on board the project or before? And, out of curiosity, how many revisions total did you guys do?

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Bob, did you write any characters (robot or otherwise) with certain actors in mind? If so, how close did you get to matching them all up?

11. Bob Orci

It changed more before because our first draft was quite different from our second, after which Bay came onboard. Our second draft is pretty much what the movie was. Also, we are our own worst critics.

12. Bob Orci

Other than Cullen, no.

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi again Roberto.

Is there any chance Optimus will get to use his gun and blade a bit more in TF2? They both looked awesome in the first movie but we only saw them briefly.

14. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Mr. Orci, I already asked you a question, but I'm so curious about this I have to just ask.

Can you give us a new estimate on the number of Autobots and Decepticons in the sequel? Thanks in advance, if you answer this! ;) 

Also, thanks everyone for your participation in this thread. The movie is not out for a year, and the thread is already going places. I try to update this thread daily, so I also have today. Cheers everyone.

Edit: Also I kindly advise everyone on these boards here to also check out the Robert Orci thread over at the Don Murphy forums, to see whether you're question has already been asked there, and to see other questions with answers. Saves me and Mr. Orci time.

Also, I just learned that Mr. Orci has just answered this question on the DM forums:

Q: Aside from directly answering anything about the Ark, do the Autobots get a base of operations in this movie? Or are they still hoboes?

A: Not hobos.

Awesome!

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We seem to hear lots of Autobot in inviews when members of the production team do interviews but very little about Decepticons. Are there Decepticon fans on the production team or is all Autobot fans working on the film?

Decepticons seem to be big sellers for both IDW and Hasbro so was there any talk in the planning of part 2 on how to better tap that segement of Transformers fans for the film franchise?

Current buzz word seems to be bigger so does this apply to the robots personalilty and how tough they will be in a fight?

Last question is a bit subjective but how happy do you think Decepticon fans will be with part 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being I'm going home and burning my Decepticon posters and 10 being I so want a Decepticon tattoo.

16. Bob Orci

To make sure we're on the same scale, first tell me how happy you were as a Decepticon fan from one to ten with the first movie.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    3 for me. starscream had some neat stuff, as did Megatron, but everyone was taken out so easily and quickly, except for Brawl (but he didn't do any real damage either, so that kind of softens his toughness to me). I was also disappointed by the lack of 'con dialogue.

18. Bob Orci

The I think you'll at least give this movie a 7.

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :music 

Some Soundwave in there as well I hope :D 

20. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe we can easily trust your word on this. Good luck with the movie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.