Transform Your Summer, question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NGW, Jul 31, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Do they contact the winners at all...or do you just hope you get a package in the mail someday?

2. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I've heard, I think they just mail it to you without any notification.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Shall be an interesting wait then.

Entered for Pepsi Prime the other night...doubt I'll win, but there is always a chance.

Really do wish they'd notify you though.

4. ckbuddha

ckbuddha Well-Known Member

For the minor winnings, there is no notification, they just show up at your door. I got over the past two weeks:

1 Pepsi Prime
    1 Check for $100

The larger prize packages require the return of a signed affidavit that Pepsi sends the winner to fill out.

Still hoping for another $100 check :D 

5. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    You can still enter the contest!? Link, please...

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
  7. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The contest ends on August 5th at 11:59 PM. If you got codes, use them up this week. I have about 50 codes left. On the 5th I'll dump all my remaining codes into the Xbox.

8. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Thank you! Where do I get the codes, and can I enter without them?

I want that Pepsi Prime, G*dd***it!!

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I entered 1 code for a Pepsi Prime and about 38 for the camcorder. The other day a Pepsi Prime just showed up at my door. No notification, no email, no sign of anything from my account history on the website.

Bizarre!

I hope to see a camcorder just miraculously show up at my place too.

10. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I can only assume that you haven't been around for the past few months, since we've been talking about it quite a lot throughout that time. If I sounded short with you in my reply posting the link, please accept my apologies. And if I sound pedantic now, again, it is not my intention.

Since early-mid Spring, Pepsi 20 oz. and 1-liter bottles (these are generally found in refrigerators at stores, NOT in non-refrigerated sections. The stuff you find there, the 2-liters and 12.oz cans that are what most people get sodas in, do not have the contest) have been showing up with TF labeling. Check to make sure the cap has writing on top of it that also highlights the contest.

Since you're coming in late to the game (literally and figuratively), you may have trouble finding codes, since stores are already starting to stock new product that DOESN'T have the codes on them. But if you can get the bottles with codes, you enter them at the site I linked to earlier. You may then save your code (see later), or immediately then choose which prize you want to enter your code in the drawing for. Most prizes have daily drawings, and once you enter your code, it's just for that prize for that day. It's no good for other prizes, or for other day's drawings for the prize you entered it for. You can save your codes (but not for much longer!), and dump them all at once into a daily drawing, or use them as you get them. Odds of winning a given prize depend a) on how many of that prize is given away each day (or in the contest as a whole, for non-daily drawings), and b) on how many codes have been entered into that (daily, usually) drawing.

If you really want Prime, you may well do better looking for it on eBay. I expect that many, many more people will be dumping their codes at this late stage than were in the beginning (if you read some of the other threads, you'll see that several of us got multiple Primes, especially those of us who entered at the beginning. Sadly, that probably won't work now).

Hope it helps,
    G.B. Blackrock

11. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    G.B. Blackrock FTW! :rock 

I;ve entered about 65 or so codes so far. I've gotten a whole lot of nothing from it. :lol  the thing I wanted most, the Pepsi Prime, I got from a friend who went to Botcon. So I've pretty much stopped playing.

12. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I've entered 120+ codes and still have a pile of caps to type in. I haven't won jack!

:banghead: 

13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Well, that may be, but remember that many, many of us waited for a long time without any indication of having won anything, only to have prizes (as I said before, multiples in some cases) suddenly appear on our doorstep! When have you entered your 120+ codes? Was it all at once or in multiple contests? My guess is that earlier contest winners should have their stuff by now, but later entrants (particularly for Pepsi Prime) may still be winners without knowing it.

For what it's worth, the codes for the Primes I won could have been entered no later than Memorial Day, since any codes I entered after that (about a month and a half later, by my reckoning) were for a cash prize (which I either didn't win, or haven't gotten yet).

14. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been entering 1 code per day for the Xbox and the Pepsi Prime since the very first day of the contest. No Dice. I'm not really disapointed though. I don't really expect to win anyway.

15. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    According to the rules, from the time someone wins it takes I believe 6 weeks. So if you just entered codes today, you aren't gonna see them for a lil bit.

I think I started entering codes either a week, or 2 weeks prior to the movie, so I am thinking if I am gonna win, I'll know between this week, and a month from now.

16. TENIME_art

Ebay:

I take no offense (because you were polite in explaining your words!). I hardly ever venture outside the Toyark, hence why this is all news to me. I had heard about the contest, but assumed since people were getting prizes, that it was over. I'm glad I have at least a chance now, though scared I won't be able to find any coded soda. Think a gas station/quickie-mart would be a good place to look?

And, thank you! It was a great help!!

How many did you get, and would you be willing to sell me one at a reasonable (since you got it for free) price?

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Actually, I think that might be the best place to look, although others can give other options. Big Lots was pretty good to me, too. And, although it will only get you one, if you check the Official Rules, you'll note that you can get a free code via an IMEnvironment on Yahoo! Messenger (I assume this still works).

I got three, and one was already sent to my brother. I'm still making up my mind re: selling extras. My wife is just starting a PhD soon, and my income by itself really isn't enough to support the both of us. However, I expect the market's kind of flooded on eBay right now, so I don't know that I'll get that much there, either.

However, if it helps, I can tell you that the toy has a MSRP of $25, which is about what they went for during a short time in which they were sold at hasbrotoyshop.com (they've been listed as "out of stock" there for a while, though). At least some of the Pepsi Primes on eBay have been going for less than that (although I admit this is uncommon).

18. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Cool. Thanks again for the info!! :thumb 

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Actually its not that hard to see if a gas station or whatnot has products with the caps...just look for yellow caps on Pepsi and Dews.

--Moony

20. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    A reminder: Sunday (8/5) is the last day to enter and use codes