Missouri Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Terradive, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I didn't see the Optimash Prime, but I think he'd either be with the Transformers or in the Little Kids toys (next to other Mr. Potatoheads).

The plushies were in the aisle on a shelf.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    figures the only places in town to have any movie stuff would be the two places that mark everything UP instead of down :( 

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    As of about noon today, W-M in Blue Springs has 1 case of the movie deluxes.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Lee's Summit, Mo Sears Grand has all the Real Gears in and the CyberStompers. Didn't get neither since the prices were a tad high.

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Sear's always does, I really never go in there cause of that.

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Target Independence: Voyager Starscream. They had Ratchet but he came home with me. Someone had already gotten to Blackout & Ironhide, sadly.

7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Your going to kill me, Gen. Magnus, but when I went there at two today, they had an Ironhide and Blackout. :(  Knew I should have picked them up for you.

8. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Hilarious!!! This post from Tfans:

PCSguy88,

majin tahu has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed
    to titled "Missouri Sightings".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    new sightings!
    just picked up Voyager Ironhide from Indep Target. I left Ratchet and
    Starscream, but those are most likely gone by now.

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw that. He only got Ironhide though. Someone else nabbed Blackout, my number one movie want.

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Really, it's probably better that you hadn't. I could only afford one at the time anyway. Ironhide & (even more so) Blackout are more highly desired than Ratchet but all three were on my list to get. Now I can scratch at least one of them off.

11. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

Well, about a week ago I called the Branson Target and talked to the toy dept. manager. I was told the 27th they'd have the deluxes and they'd be available for sale. I walked in today and despite remembering our conversation he changed his tune. First lie he gave me was they didn't have them. Prior to talking to him I checked the DCPIs. Called him out on that. Then he said Hasbro has not released them. Reminded him we've already discussed this and agreed they have. That is the very last time I give Target a shot. He kept lying to me so I had a chat with their STL (I think they called it). Later I'm gonna have to talk to some regional/district manager about these clowns. If you don't know about something 1) tell me 2) don't lie 3) if you lie make it right 4) this customer is always right. Everytime I've been in there from movies to toys to clothes I've had to put up with these morons. Still ticked off I was told to come down and I could pick em up and then this fool Patrick changed his mind. Feel free to give him crap anytime you guys see him. /rantoff

Anyhow, found something to distract me :D 

Branson K-mart has FABs: 2x Ratchet, 2x Brawl, 1x Ironhide, 1x Jazz, 1x SS remaining. I picked up the lone Prime. They also have helmets and arm guns. Of course the stuff doesn't ring up, but the cashier -- without me asking -- made sure to sell it to me. No fuss, no mess, awesome customer service. I'll pay Kmart markups anyday as long as I'm not lied to or given the run-around.

Was feeling pretty good so I checked the Branson West WM (avoided the strip WM -- didn't feel like sitting in traffic for 3 hours). They had deluxe, robot heroes, and cyber slammers sitting on a cart getting ready to be shelved. Asked the department manager if she'd open em up and she did. Again, no fuss and she was very polite and joked around with me. Kudos to her. Got to the checkouts and realized my cashier was an asst. manager. Was nervous he wouldn't sell em, but it didn't even give the error. So now I have Jazz, Barricade, Brawl, and Wreckage too.

12. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    That is what I get for going out of town for a day or two. Oh well, not too much longer either way.

13. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Indep Target is now missing a Voyager Starscream.

But both the Indep and LS Targets have the Movie basics out and available.

I will say that I now know where to go to pick up my Movie figs on June 2nd. The Indep Target really isn't messing around and should have absolutely everything that morning.

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Cape Target has nothing new, but their Cyb LOC 4 pack exclusives are marked down to 7 bucks.

15. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Rolla Big K-Mart had Softimus Prime and Slumberbee.

16. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Wal-Mart on Campbell here in Springfield has all of the deluxes out....I got a Bumblebee, but he is defective (won't go back to car mode) so I gotta exchange him tonight..........boo-hoo.

17. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

I knew there was gonna be problems with the movie toy lines (heard about the BB one before)... but its worse than I thought. Out of the 7 movie figures I have so far 4 have major paint issues. Then there's deluxe Brawl... very disappointing thanks to those shoulders :( 

I've never exchanged TFs, but looks like this line may be sending me to a lot of service desks. Just wish they were packaged in robot mode as most of the defects/paint app issues can be seen that way.

18. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was none to thrilled that this sucker was screwed up....I have Wreckage already, and he is fine. But it really pissed me off that BB was messed up, and that I couldn't fix him. Oh well.......

19. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Thanks to Alphie, I scored both a Leader Prime and Megatron just 5 mins ago. I walked into the aisle of the LS Target and there was Prime just sitting there. Then up walks a couple carrying what I thought was the other Prime, but lo and behold it is Megatron. The husband puts him down so I casually ask, "um are you gonna get that?" to which they respond, "no, it is ringing up at $45, we are going to wait", so I ask if they mind if I get it and when they say "go ahead", he is then mine, muh hahaha. Anyway, we strike up a conversation and as soon as she said she collects TFs oddities, I knew it was Alphie. Anyway, long story, but I now have both Leader Prime and Megs thanks to Alphie, the fact that my girlfriend wanted to pick up some food from the store and what was probably a mistake by a stocker.

Oh and those were the only ones there, although they had all the wave 1 basics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

See... other collectors are sometimes your friends!!!! Nice job!