Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Vehicon
Collection Count: ... can we not go there?...
TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]

... so I did Prowl.
I went for a look in between his G1 colors, and his concept art that was featured for the TFP game, and while I've gone for a Japanese police car look, I'm not sure if I'll be tempted to repaint it in another color scheme...
While trying to decide if I could scrounge up a light bar to shove on him, I realized that doing that would spoil how sleek the mold looks to some degree, and I came across a concept Armed Patrol Car that was designed by the San Diego police with the lights built in flush to its roof, and figured that was a good look, if I could pull it off...
I tried to give him a different paint job to the head to try to differentiate him from Smokescreen, but it's proving a little difficult, since the basic scheme for them both now is white base, red chevrons. Painted the side panels gold, and left the chin spikes white for now... I'll see if I can think of something better...

[edit]
Got impatient, so I transformed him. Paint seems to be holding up OK, but LORD he needs some touch-ups...
I need to get him some decals for the police insignia, or maybe I'll repaint those bits and try again so I can get them a little finer... they feel too rough to me at the moment...
And a pic of the current door wing bros. Hur. XD
Attached Thumbnails
TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpprowlprofile.jpg   TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpprowlfront.jpg   TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpprowlback.jpg   TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-img_6039.jpg   TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpprowlaltfront.jpg  

TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpprowlalttopdown.jpg   TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpprowlaltback.jpg   TFP Stealth Interceptor Prowl [to round off the trio...]-tfpdoorwingbros.jpg  
Taiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Drawer of Robots
transformerwars's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 70
News Credits: 17
Already looks great. I hope the official deluxe Prowl that's coming out looks something like this.

transformerwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
Back in Black
deliciouspeter's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: about 100, all custom fodder.
News Credits: 1
hell yes!
deliciouspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerwars View Post
Already looks great. I hope the official deluxe Prowl that's coming out looks something like this.
We can only hope?...
This is the TFPrime game Prowl, who looks like a biker cop somehow:
http://images.wikia.com/transformers...me-prowl-1.jpg
If they give us something that looks like this, complete with shoulder guns? I'll be damn happy. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspeter View Post
hell yes!
Thanx man.
Can't wait to see yours when it's done. XD I'll bet it's gonna be clean and slick as anything. XDXDXD
Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
We can only hope?...
This is the TFPrime game Prowl, who looks like a biker cop somehow:
http://images.wikia.com/transformers...me-prowl-1.jpg
If they give us something that looks like this, complete with shoulder guns? I'll be damn happy. XD

Thanx man.
Can't wait to see yours when it's done. XD I'll bet it's gonna be clean and slick as anything. XDXDXD
I was just looking at Smokescreen and that picture last night and realizing how freakishly similar the build and proportions are. I'd rather if they give us an original mold, but for once if they change the head and add the missile pods it would actually be a very appropriate repaint.

Nice work.
harrismonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Getting a job to buy TFs.
Collection Count: Do limbs count?
Awesome!
"Boo,
WAKA WAKA!
" -David Draiman of Disturbed
BLOODRAGED189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Collection Count: More than some, but less than others
Looks great! And yes, I'm also hoping the BH Prowl looks as spiffy as yours.
Stygian360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
Mini-Con
Very nice, i actually prefer this to smokescreen!
Between the official TFP Prowl design and the fact that TFPSmokescreens head bears such a resembelance to G1 Prowl, it is difficult to differentiate them headwise... the only way I could think to do it would be to go black and gold (as an animated homage rather than G1) but ofcourse you deviate more from the official image and also i think you need some white to integrate it into the car design (I've never seen a black and gold police car )
APPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODRAGED189 View Post
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
Looks great! And yes, I'm also hoping the BH Prowl looks as spiffy as yours.
Thanx guys.
We all hope the Prowl SS repaint's a good one... would be awesome to have a decent official figure of this mold without too much work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismonkey View Post
I was just looking at Smokescreen and that picture last night and realizing how freakishly similar the build and proportions are. I'd rather if they give us an original mold, but for once if they change the head and add the missile pods it would actually be a very appropriate repaint.
Nice work.
know what you mean, definitely.
and yeah, it would be nice to have a new mold for him, but let's just hope the repaint/retool looks decent in the end... judging by the Cyberverse figures so far, we'll be lucky to get a new head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPS View Post
Very nice, i actually prefer this to smokescreen!
Between the official TFP Prowl design and the fact that TFPSmokescreens head bears such a resembelance to G1 Prowl, it is difficult to differentiate them headwise... the only way I could think to do it would be to go black and gold (as an animated homage rather than G1) but ofcourse you deviate more from the official image and also i think you need some white to integrate it into the car design (I've never seen a black and gold police car )
I was sorely tempted to do an animated color scheme just for variety's sake, to be honest? especially for the heads?... but yeah... I'm used to Prowl with a Japanese style police car color scheme...
Who knows?... if I'm bored enough, I just might...
apparently, there IS a black and gold police car though... Ontario, Canada - http://avigilon.com/assets/Uploads/IMAGE1.jpg
... now to decide if I really wanna do a G1 color themed Smokes...
Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
Autobot
cheetor71's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 149+
Send a message via Yahoo to cheetor71
Nice job.

Now accepting commissions
cheetor71 is offline   Reply With Quote