Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Show accuracy's overrated
hthrun's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Ever changing...
Exclamation DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime

Shortly before my company went into its two week long shutdown for Christmas and New Year's, my Jetwing Prime arrived from Amazon! I decided to spend the time off working pretty much exclusively on him, taking a vacation from my other projects.

There's a lot more painting and chroming to do, but I've done most of the mods that I did to my original RotF leader Prime, including:
- savio-prime's shoulder mod
- Fakebusker83's Shapeway hands
- Added Lego piece to shoulder tanks
- Added new Reprolabels. Last time I had already done a lot of chroming before applying the stickers, so I left a lot off. This time I decided to do the stickers first because they're usually less wrinkly. I'll probably replace some of them with Chrome Foil later on...
- Chromed the smokestacks. Last time I did it with antenna pieces. They were hard for me to find before, so this time I decided instead to use a drinking straw from a restaurant. I cut it to the right shape and size, covered them with Chrome Foil, and glued them on the stock stacks.
- I wanted him to be able to use the removable swords from my other Optimus, so I also made some connectors out of Legos and spare toy pieces. These still need a little work as well...
- The sword and axe are from UFO. I ordered the transparent orange axe and painted it so it would kind of have the glowing effect like in the movie. If I ever get an airbrush I'll probably redo it...
- Added cast parts from DMK-01, replacing the rear view mirrors and shoulder tank Lego pieces: Post #12
Comments and questions welcomed! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-20140922-upper-body.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-20140922-full.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-20140922-chest.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-20140922-fwi4.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-20140922-dmk.jpg  

DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-axe-connectors.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-leg.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-truck-front.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-truck-rear.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-truck-side.jpg  

DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-upper-body.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-axe-shield.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-blaster.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-jetpack.jpg   DotM Amazon Jetwing Optimus Prime-011012-swords.jpg  

Last edited by hthrun; 09-22-2014 at 03:04 PM..
hthrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
The Flying Dutchman
Collection Count: A whole bunch of movie toys
News Credits: 13
Looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Raccoon View Post
I ran away to space to avoid an arboreal life. Then I buddy-up with a tree. Note to self; make better life choices.
neevnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Autobot Leader
Collection Count: 790
News Credits: 5
nice work
My feedback http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...-prime326.html

My Sales thread http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ap-prices.html
prime326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Collection Count: Not enough.
Send a message via Skype™ to mandiprime97
Nice job, looks great
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormdalek View Post
Lesbians are love.

Lesbians are life.
mandiprime97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Decepticop Artist
Collection Count: 136
News Credits: 9
I absolutely love all your customs! I'd love to see pictures of your collection, I bet there is a lot of awesome stuff there.
Barricade24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Decepticon
Nice... did the reprolabels chrome sticker for the Buster tank need to be hand-cut?
jetrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Show accuracy's overrated
hthrun's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Ever changing...
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
Looks awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime326 View Post
nice work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiprime97 View Post
Nice job, looks great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade24 View Post
I absolutely love all your customs! I'd love to see pictures of your collection, I bet there is a lot of awesome stuff there.
Thanks so much, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrobo View Post
Nice... did the reprolabels chrome sticker for the Buster tank need to be hand-cut?
Yes, and I didn't do a very good job. I put them on first and then cut where the tank lines were. It's hard, at least for me, to cut through stickers with a knife. The edges are all jagged and tend to peel. Those are some of the stickers I definitely plan to replace with chrome foil later on...
hthrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
He looks amazing great job dude.
Breakdown96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
Decepticon
Collection Count: 20
Hi Henry i must say that your optimus looks really good.nice clean work.i have ordred a jetwing prime myself and i have a plan for him, but i will not reveal to much now,but it is going to take some time before i finish him,because i broke two ribs a work 3 days ago so i am doing so much these days,but again really awesome work.

Yours sincerly : Jesper
jemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #10
TFW2005-Citizen
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 26
Send a message via ICQ to ThinkTank Customs
Awesome
Best regards

Chris

ThinkTank Customs is offline   Reply With Quote