Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Art Feather Bumblebee mods

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
heroic decepticon
Collection Count: 20+
Send a message via Skype™ to SG hailstorm
wow..that really cleans him up and makes him look great!
make my profile pic your profile pic if you wanna help #SpreadTheWhirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hoist View Post
Yeah, screw that successful show that makes millions of kids and adults happy. Damn them.
SG hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
Decepticon
Very nice work.
If the figure had looked like this, I would have bought it.
HunterRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
Customizer
xaviercal's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: OVER 9000!
nicely done. very clean modifications
xaviercal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
See... this is why I thought it was an overpriced KO reshell... there's been a few mods done for a while now to reduce the kibble... which they could've retooled into their offering... but nope, just make the bits removable. blech.

Gotta say though, partforming or not, the mods you did work out real well. The backpack rotating gives him much better proportions... as well as offering space to store his doors.

Only way to perfect it would be to remove partsforming altogether. But still awesome. Nicely done.

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Collection Count: OF BODIES? I destroy ALL who oppose me!
News Credits: 2
Damn, you do it again. Is there anything you cannot do. Shiiiiiiiitttttt.........

Looks great! I was taking pics of MP Red Alert today, and I kept thinking, "HasTak should have just used OTL's design!" Now you go and do this!
Alucard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano71 View Post
Wow. Just, just wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Soundwave View Post
Nice...very nice. Much more "realistic" looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soymonk View Post
LOVE your mods!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG hailstorm View Post
wow..that really cleans him up and makes him look great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRose View Post
Very nice work.
If the figure had looked like this, I would have bought it.
Thank you folks. I wish the makers had put some extra thought into this instead of just going for a straight reshell of Classics BB. It could really have been a lot better...
OptimusTimelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaviercal View Post
nicely done. very clean modifications
Thanks, mostly kept to interior so 'invisible' when you look at him. I didn't even need to do any painting on this (even though I've got the first version with not-quite-matched paint, so it would've been of benefit!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
See... this is why I thought it was an overpriced KO reshell... there's been a few mods done for a while now to reduce the kibble... which they could've retooled into their offering... but nope, just make the bits removable. blech.

Gotta say though, partforming or not, the mods you did work out real well. The backpack rotating gives him much better proportions... as well as offering space to store his doors.

Only way to perfect it would be to remove partsforming altogether. But still awesome. Nicely done.
Absolutely. I think there's still a definitive G1 Bumblebee to be made. As I alluded to in the description, it's certainly possible to do the doors around the feet and the hood folding under the chest, but I chose not to... Maybe somebody else will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77 View Post
Damn, you do it again. Is there anything you cannot do. Shiiiiiiiitttttt.........

Looks great! I was taking pics of MP Red Alert today, and I kept thinking, "HasTak should have just used OTL's design!" Now you go and do this!
Ha ha cheers dude, I just got MP Alert today in the post. Wish they'd made more effort to differentiate him from Swipe, but still a great figure.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
Terrorcon
Skywarp181's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Dang I want to do this mod! Can we see some detail pics of where the doors are attached?
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 84.20 KB . Height: 285 Width: 475 - 2005 Staff
Feedback[/URL]
Skywarp181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
Terrorcon
News Credits: 2
This looks fantastic! (Funnily enough, I was wondering only the other day when you'd be posting the mods you mentioned you were thinking of making a while back in the AF BB thread.)

Would you be at all willing to post a couple of extra detail shots of the new hinge you've made, and how it's attached? I'd love to have a go at that backpack mod myself, as I ended up with two of these. Either way, looks great!
ambitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp181 View Post
Dang I want to do this mod! Can we see some detail pics of where the doors are attached?
The doors are not actually fixed to anything, but slide in comfortably between the central section and the rear wheels, resting on those little molded protrusions just above the hips and pressing against the rear end of the car. They might not have done this quite so easily if I hadn't previously taken off the unsightly square wing mirrors (I'd rather have none at all than those huge things!).