Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Optimus Prime...Couch?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Autobot RSX Type-S
Squall42080's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1500+
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to Squall42080
Optimus Prime...Couch?

I know this really isn't a custom in the same sense as some of the other works of art I see here in the Radicons section of TFW2005.com, but I wanted to share it nonetheless, and it just felt right posting it here.

For Christmas, my in-laws purchased a red sofa/loveseat/armchair set, and just didn't have the room for all three pieces. After testing some configurations, they decided to keep the sofa and armchair, and gave my wife and I the loveseat. We live in a pretty small apartment, and they though it would be a nice addition to our spare room which effectively serves as my man-cave. I wasn't so keen on it at first, but I decided to do something cool with it after my wife forced me to put a blanket on top to protect it from typical guy wear and tear.

So here's the couch as we received it:

Don't mind my little cat buddy...his name is Orion Pax Prime, so he's worthy of being in the man-cave.

Anyway, this is the black blanket my wife forced on me that got me thinking:

So, I set out on quest to Ikea, Walmart, and finally Target, and found some of the supplies I'll need to get this baby turned into something more respectable.

I found a nice blue blanket and two gray pillows more worthy of a Prime:

Keep in mind this is still a work in progress, as I'm going to locate two iron-on Autobot Symbols for each of the pillows, and I'd really like to get some flames added to the blue blanket like the movie version of Optimus Prime...I just need to find some kind of stencil, and someone willing to sew the flames onto the blanket. So if you guys have any ideas, please let me know.

Here's another shot with Orion Pax Prime giving it the seal of approval:
Attached Thumbnails
Optimus Prime...Couch?-20130106_203015.jpg   Optimus Prime...Couch?-20130106_202950.jpg   Optimus Prime...Couch?-20130106_203634.jpg   Optimus Prime...Couch?-20130106_205147.jpg  
Squall42080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
SLENDERBEAR
Location: I bet a person with a White mask and another with a Yellow hood would know.
Collection Count: Forgot. Do you want too come see my amount or parts?
Cool. I like it
ch3stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
Genus time!
Collection Count: Too many yet never enough
News Credits: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to T4mercustomz
all it needs is a little softimus prime sitting in the middle

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...red-glass.htmlCLick below for the T4mercustomz: Shatered glass giveaway! TO WIN MURDERBEE!
http://t4mercustomz.webs.com/
T4mercustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Alternate Reality Patrol
Collection Count: 600+
That's pretty cool. I'd love to see some pics of bot mode though...
Cortexitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
Herald of Unicron
seanb47's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 23 currently.
LOL!That's laughs,man.Good execution.Diggin' the comics on the wall,too.Is your cat really named Orion Pax Prime?
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commis...mmissions.html
seanb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
Autobot RSX Type-S
Squall42080's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1500+
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to Squall42080
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4mercustomz View Post
all it needs is a little softimus prime sitting in the middle
Just for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb47 View Post
LOL!That's laughs,man.Good execution.Diggin' the comics on the wall,too.Is your cat really named Orion Pax Prime?
Those comics are by my favorite artists Joe Madureira and Adi Granov, and all of them were autographed at various comic conventions. I'd like to get Don Figueroa, Alex Milne, and James Roberts to autograph some comics for the lower level closer to the couch...but they seem to be a bit tougher!

In terms of the cat, it's actually a pretty heart-warming tale. We found him at the humane league and his name was already Orion. I wanted him right from the get-go, but my wife didn't cause her mother had warned her against boy cats. So we initially passed him up.

We went back a few days later and he was gone. I was depressed for about 3 weeks, cause he was just a nice cat. His name was Orion, he was gray, and had a little white patch on his chest that I called his matrix, hahaha...what more could you look for in a pet?

Anyway, time passed, and we went back about three weeks later, and there he was again! I asked if he was adopted and returned, and it turns out he just had a cold so they kept him secluded from the other cats. Needless to say, it was an act of Primus, and I adopted him on the spot, hahaha.
Squall42080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Not good at archery.
Collection Count: 1—Ah ah ah! 2—Ah ah ah!....
Don't do anything crazy on there. One second you're watching TV, and next thing you know you're making out with the Prime.

Trust me, a kiss can go a long way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securis View Post
Ummm.. What's with the pointy elf boots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkspy View Post
Because Grimlock is a Night Elf Mohawk.
AAarcher221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
G1 got it right!
Solrac333's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A LOT
Kitty approved. Kitty will leave his furs all over the couch.

Solrac333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #9
Stunticon
Nice !!! You could maybe sew some autobot symbols onto the back cussions or use some fabric paint to add small battle damage lol
AndyHibbsCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #10
Space Ranger
Collection Count: 234
Nice couch! The Autobot cushions they released for the 2007 movie might actually go quite well with it.
Olivus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote