Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Who wants a Robot Heroes Laserbeak!?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #51
Energon Recovery
Collection Count: was over 460, sacrificed many to the cause on ebay (but kept my share 100+, lol)
Just ordered the color versions of BS/LB. can't wait to add these to my collection! nice work!
Deadsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #52
Energon Recovery
Collection Count: was over 460, sacrificed many to the cause on ebay (but kept my share 100+, lol)
just got this email from Shapeways:

Quote:
We're really sorry to let you know that there was a problem with your recent order. These design(s) could not be 3D printed in the material selected:
Robot Heroes Laserbeak - Color in Full Color Sandstone
Robot Heroes Buzzsaw - Color in Full Color Sandstone
Given the nature of 3D printing (converting digital files into physical products), every now and then we catch designs that will be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to defy the laws of physics and try to find these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.
You can reach out to the designer who created the model by clicking on the model name above to expedite the process. On the top right corner of the pages linked above, you can click the "Contact Designer" button to start a conversation.
We have credited your account, which you can use to purchase anything on Shapeways. If you do not wish to order anything else at this time, please let us know and we will arrange a refund.
Has anyone else run into this?
Deadsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #53
Be Transformed
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsled View Post
just got this email from Shapeways:

Has anyone else run into this?
I just got the same email notice
=(
sunlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #54
Decepticon
MarkAsRead's Ebay Auctions
Me too...Very sad...

Check out my Flickr
MarkAsRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #55
Mini-Con
Collection Count: over 180
Damn. I hope, something can be done to resolve it.
Nook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #56
Radicon Scourge
Nyarlahotep's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Quality over quantity
I received the email this morning too, but about a dozen times

I'm working on it this morning to resolve the issue. Apparently Shapeways' automated system didn't detect a minor issue with the wing thickness when printed with the colored material. There is no problem when printed in other materials, just in this instance some elements have to be adjusted. I'm going to take the model down, update it, order some tests, and when it is verified working everyone will get an automated email from shapeways letting you know it's been fixed.

Sorry for the delay everyone, I'll get working on it right away
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #57
Decepticon
MarkAsRead's Ebay Auctions
No worries mate, I think we can all wait for this epic mold.

Check out my Flickr
MarkAsRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #58
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: G1 + latest = ~450
News Credits: 1
Nyarlahotep, thanks for making this project in the first place and then also getting it all setup correctly. I look forward to seeing how the color printed versions come out. I'm interested in seeing whether the color versions would also be the best for a set that would get handed painted anyway.
Floating Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #59
Radicon Scourge
Nyarlahotep's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Quality over quantity
Thanks guys. I assumed since the previous versions worked and printed out so well the colored versions would go out without a hitch.

Apparently the tolerances and thicknesses of some parts behave differently with this material. I've uploaded a new version that I'm keeping private until I have a physical copy in hand that gets through the process completely.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support, it hurt to see that over 20+ orders had been cancelled this morning
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #60
Owns 50 G1 Unicrons
Well, I will reorder when you have it worked out. Amazing work, my friend.
I want nothing more in life than to buy the unreleased Robot Heroes Laserbeak, Prowl, Victory Saber, Dessarus, Jetstorm, Optimus Primal, RID Megs, RID OP. You get em? Want to sell them? Let's talk. Junkion Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=87588
NormanB is offline   Reply With Quote