Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Masterpiece Skywarp, MP-11 mold

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #21
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
Gorgeous!! I'm wanting to do one for myself, and wasn't sure on the purple shoulders. But they actually don't look out of place at all! Great work! Also, obviously they did, but how well did the MM and Tamiya paints mix? Being different brands, I've never thought ob mixing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #22
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
News Credits: 1
Also is it me but he looks far better than the other two, Starscream in particular looks cheap in comparison. I'd bet any HasTak version wouldn't have the cartoon accurate paint job tho.

I can't stop coming back and looking, he's awesome......it's like I'm 7 again and I got Skywarp as my very first TFer lol
TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #23
Vehicon
It is crisp, clean and damn near perfect. The black is exactly like I remeber the MP3 mold used for Skywarp. There isn't much an official Skywarp could look without being exactly like what you painted him.
Trikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #24
I give you: RoboCop 2!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Simply awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
Autobot
The Jack's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 87
This looks like it came from the factory itself, wait, no, this is better. Great job.

Doing commissions soon?
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
The Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #26
Protectobot
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGAPRIME1983 View Post
Gorgeous!! I'm wanting to do one for myself, and wasn't sure on the purple shoulders. But they actually don't look out of place at all! Great work! Also, obviously they did, but how well did the MM and Tamiya paints mix? Being different brands, I've never thought ob mixing them.
They mix quite well actually...not perfectly, but very good. I find the two brands together somehow end up being thicker than either paint before their mixed, so a little extra thinner is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
Also is it me but he looks far better than the other two, Starscream in particular looks cheap in comparison. I'd bet any HasTak version wouldn't have the cartoon accurate paint job tho.

I can't stop coming back and looking, he's awesome......it's like I'm 7 again and I got Skywarp as my very first TFer lol
You think? At least TT's current trend seems to lean toward it. I do kinda agree on your other point tho, the vast amounts of unpainted plastic on the other two do stand out a bit more now...luckily I like the colors of plastic used.
Jarrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #27
Herald of Unicron
That looks ridiculously good... I bought a second MP thundercracker to do something similar.. HRM!
Demonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #28
Autobot
cheetor71's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 149+
Send a message via Yahoo to cheetor71
Well done.

Now accepting commissions
cheetor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #29
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
Thanks Jarrod! Odd that that mix well enough to be usable, . That.. usually doesn't happen. Man, I really need to start painting again.. So.. Many.. unfinished.. customs. They, sit there.. starring at me... TAUNTING me.. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #30
Vinyl junkie.
This is particularly good. If we get an official MP-11 Skywarp in this scheme, I might even get over my intense dislike of how they did the feet on this mould Great stuff as usual from you, Jarrod.
For sale:MP5 Megatron / THS02 Convoy / BT09 Swindle / PM me for details!
Rijie78 is offline   Reply With Quote