Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Deluxe Alternators Wheeljack

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
autobot
Shepard Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Location: The Lost Light
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Deluxe Alternators Wheeljack

Update 04-20-13

Some of you guys asked for closer pics so here ya go. Now that I've actually taken the pics maybe I'll finally get around to finishing this guy as I haven't painted any of his bot mode at all. And even on the car mode, I have cleanup/detailing to do.




Update 11-10-2012

WIP.

Continuing from me monkeying around with doing a deluxe Alternators Mirage (which is almost finished...should have photos soon) comes deluxe Alternators Wheeljack.






This was one of the first times I messed around with spraypaint. I was happy with the white until it had a allergic reaction when I taped off areas and sprayed the blue on. Not. happy. Not sure why parts of it crusted up like that but fixing it was a PITA. Still mad that I won't have as smooth a finish as it should.

I need to add his fog lights, paint his tail pipes, massively touchup his rear view lights and a few other odds and ends. Then, it's off to robot mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Deluxe Alternators Wheeljack-img_0204_zps501b3e91.jpg  
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 212.41 KB . Height: 209 Width: 480 - 2005 Staff
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Getting a job to buy TFs.
BLOODRAGED189's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,482
Location: Bellaire, Texas
Collection Count: Do limbs count?
News Credits: 1
Jesus, you really do crank these things out. Really cool concept.
"Boo,
WAKA WAKA!
" -David Draiman of Disturbed
BLOODRAGED189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Autobot
maximus_primal's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 931
Location: Fort Worth, TX
maximus_primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
autobot
Shepard Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Location: The Lost Light
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODRAGED189 View Post
Jesus, you really do crank these things out. Really cool concept.
Muchas gracias. I've been slightly shy about putting some of my customs up because I look at some of the masterpieces others have put up and I get self conscious because I don't think mine is up to snuff. I'm still figuring things out and largely trial and erroring. It never fails. Sometimes, I'll mess up and scramble to fix it and immediately think,"Oh, THAT'S why they do it that way." lol.

Really, I fell in love with customizing @$$backwards because I was just going to do my Leader Prime (which is odd given it's one of the last ones I'll probably finish at the rate I'm going despite being one of my first ones started nearly two years ago) after getting inspired by seeing a real kick@$$ custom on the net by sheer chance a couple of years ago. I had no idea folks were doing this but it combined two of my favorite things, Transformers and painting so I had to give it at least one go.

That one go turned into two, and then "Well I'll just do this one" to "Well, since I have him, now I gotta get this guy to go with it" and suddenly, I had more ideas than I knew what to do with.

Haven't looked back since and I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_primal View Post
Thanks!
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 212.41 KB . Height: 209 Width: 480 - 2005 Staff
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
Me Slag no like anything!


Superquad7's Avatar
Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 42,429
Location: Zebulon, NC
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alekesam View Post
Muchas gracias. I've been slightly shy about putting some of my customs up because I look at some of the masterpieces others have put up and I get self conscious because I don't think mine is up to snuff. I'm still figuring things out and largely trial and erroring. It never fails. Sometimes, I'll mess up and scramble to fix it and immediately think,"Oh, THAT'S why they do it that way." lol.

Really, I fell in love with customizing @$$backwards because I was just going to do my Leader Prime (which is odd given it's one of the last ones I'll probably finish at the rate I'm going despite being one of my first ones started nearly two years ago) after getting inspired by seeing a real kick@$$ custom on the net by sheer chance a couple of years ago. I had no idea folks were doing this but it combined two of my favorite things, Transformers and painting so I had to give it at least one go.

That one go turned into two, and then "Well I'll just do this one" to "Well, since I have him, now I gotta get this guy to go with it" and suddenly, I had more ideas than I knew what to do with.

Haven't looked back since and I enjoy every minute of it.



Thanks!
It's no contest here. Post away with your work, as each artist has something unique to share. Also, I've not met an artist yet that doesn't have room to improve.

Thanks so much for sharing your work here, and I hope we see more in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
autobot
Shepard Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Location: The Lost Light
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
It's no contest here. Post away with your work, as each artist has something unique to share. Also, I've not met an artist yet that doesn't have room to improve.

Thanks so much for sharing your work here, and I hope we see more in the future!
Will do!
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 212.41 KB . Height: 209 Width: 480 - 2005 Staff
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
TFW2005-Citizen
ThinkTank Customs's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,208
Location: Paymaster of Europe
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 26
Send a message via ICQ to ThinkTank Customs
Could we get closer pics please :-)

From what I can see its great :-)
Best regards

Chris

ThinkTank Customs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
autobot
Shepard Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Location: The Lost Light
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Update 4-20-13
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 212.41 KB . Height: 209 Width: 480 - 2005 Staff
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
Decepticon
trnsfrmrs1980's Avatar
trnsfrmrs1980's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 191
Location: Cybertron
Collection Count: 150
Awsome work! I really like the Wheeljack with a muscle car alt mode! Very cool work! Kudos!
Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost!
trnsfrmrs1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
autobot
Shepard Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Location: The Lost Light
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrmrs1980 View Post
Awsome work! I really like the Wheeljack with a muscle car alt mode! Very cool work! Kudos!
Thankx! I love muscle cars. A lot of the alt modes I gravitate to are usually older style cars. Like, I love, love love TFP Wheeljack (which one of these days I want to do a Downshift out of) but for Wheeljack, I really wanted something more 70s.

In my own continuity, the Ark landed a lot earlier on Earth than 1984 and the subsequent generations arrived after that. So some of the G1 guys I try as much as possible to go for older cars. It made sense to me that while some of the other Autobots would upgrade to a newer alt mode (Sunstreaker for instance, who I used a RotF Sideways to make) Wheeljack would still be this sweet 70s car.
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 212.41 KB . Height: 209 Width: 480 - 2005 Staff
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla