Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Custom Transformers Prime "Dark Energon Infused" Megatron

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
TFW2005 Supporter
Zildjian's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 3
Custom Transformers Prime "Dark Energon Infused" Megatron

I present you all with my latest version of Transformers Prime Voyager class Megaton. This version features a super reflective mirror chrome finish as well as the light up "Dark Energon" veins. This is one of the BETTER chrome jobs I have done as I followed my path from the previous version. The chrome is extremely thin to not hide the figures details, but produces one of the more reflective finishes I have done, which made him a BITCH to photograph. He was also given a very slight height modification that sizes him better with TFP FE Prime. He also features a detachable blade and a completely scratch built and modified fusion cannon that better resembles his on screen version which was provided by the amazing FAKEBUSKER!

The entire figure was stripped of factory paint, washed, degreased, then base coated in House of Kolors adhesion promoter, high gloss black, and Alclad II mirror chrome with a special additive added in to enhance the chrome effect. Details were done in a mix of acrylic and enamel paints.
With regards to the electronics, this Megatron features dual high intensity water clear purple LEDs in his head and chest that have a breathing effect, as will as two total LEDs in each forearm that have a flickering effect. All batteries are easily accessible and replaceable and operated by hidden micro switches. All 3 areas of LEDs can be operated simultaneously or individually. The chest LED setup is a bit wonky and actually needs to be switched on an off twice to work correctly.

The unique aspect of this figure are the energon veins.... these were one of the most nerve wracking aspects of a custom I have ever done. They were designed to resemble this screen shot:

They were achieved by using the thinnest pin striping tape in the world, then cutting it in half while looking through a magnifying glass. I think they came out very good with the space and limitations this mold provides.

As always a full gallery can be seen on my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/CustomFiguresByZ

Here is the YouTube video to better show off the breathing and flickering effects of the LEDs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLg9T84v7kE

Attached Thumbnails
Custom Transformers Prime "Dark Energon Infused" Megatron-tfprimemegatronver7thumb.jpg  

Last edited by Zildjian; 11-09-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Zildjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Macro-Con
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 2
The brushwork here is fantastic!
Tell the world what you think of Mister Gone! Junkion Feedback
Mister Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Decepticon
The effect looks awesome man! Love that shiny finish, now it is official...i will get myself a prime megs
NemesisCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Terrorcon
slackerforhire's Ebay Auctions
Absolutely killer work. This would be great on its own, but the lighting and energon vein effects just push this over the edge.
slackerforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
WOW!

Incredible.

If this one goes on ebay I'll probably bid. This is absolutely fantastic, sir.
harrismonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Terrorcon
excellent work my friend top noch !!
anemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
www.KINGBOTZ.com
KINGBOTZ's Ebay Auctions
This really is some good eye-candy, nice job man, this is probably as good as it gets for this mold, the chrome brings out the best in that figure! Brilliant work on the lighting too!

KINGBOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Radicon
fakebusker83's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Many in pieces
News Credits: 4
This is glorious work Zil! I love the previous one you did but I ADORE this Megatron.
I am pleasantly affected that the cannon worked so well and I thank you for using it! You even put LEDs into its shell!
fakebusker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
Herald of Unicron
seanb47's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 23 currently.
Damn,dude!That is wicked awsomeness.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commis...mmissions.html
seanb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Herald of Unicron
O.O JEEZ...just JEEZ. wow, there should be no such thing as TOO good, but...well damn, =P you blew most customs and the bsae figure out of the water D=... lol. Can I have =P
Arashistorm is offline   Reply With Quote