Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Mini MP Prime thingy - by Jozaeh (WIP)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Maximal
Mini MP Prime thingy - Now FINISHED! - by Jozaeh

Well the WIP is all finished! Thanks for all the support members of tfw2005, it's been so fun sharing this project's progress with you all along the way. When I started work on this little guy three months ago, I had NO IDEA that I would end up spending 40+ man hours working on him! Wowzers. In case any of you are curious, i've done a couple images detailing most of the work that went into the figure

FRONT DETAILS

BACK DETAILS

TRAILER DETAILS

PHOTO GALLERIES -
If you're new to this project's thread, i've taken progress photos and descriptions and posted them here from page 1 onwards to page 29, so feel free to enjoy the process. And in the interest of making it easier for people to find the finished photos, i'll include the page links for easy page hopping:

That's it! And below is my original beginning post 3 months ago, I hope you enjoy!
See ya,
Jozaeh

Hey tfw2005íers!

So Iím here in Australia and eagerly awaiting the Ďpossibleí and Ďsometime around nowí and 'it didn't get released because you didn't believe with all of your heart' release of the MP-10 here. Itíll be my first ever MP figure as I just started in on buying transformers in the last couple months and hot damn Iím excited. (If ANYONE has any more up to date info on this aussie release, please tell me! Iíve called both Hasbro Australia and toys r us to no avail).

I spied this little legends reveal the shield optimus on the weekend and grabbed him for $8 from Mr Toys Toyworld. And geez I like him. Is anyone else as surprised as I am to how good he looks for such a teeny figure? His bot mode looks great like an MP,and his truck mode is tight and compact.

But those wheels hanging like elephant sized cufflinks, aie! I gotta rack my brain to do something with those.

So to fill the time and as a challenge I thought Iíd do my ultra best to make this little fella a super mini-MP with a the best re-paint I can manage. Itíll be a work in progress and Iíll keep posting as it goes along.

Hereís what I hope to do:

- Add in some knee articulation (with the sacrifice of a cyberverse prime cliffjumper. He doesnít need limbs anymore anyway being zombified and all.

- An autobot symbol on the left shoulder,

- More details to the smokestacks, possibly replace them with a kre-o optimus kreonís smokestacks

- Sand back,prime (no pun), and repaint the red and blue

- Blue hands

- Silver details

- And a little bit of wear and tear damage. Nothing too crazy though.

Basically I want to make it look like a great mini repainted MP. So if anyone has any other things that they reckon would look good done to him, holler!

Jozaeh

Attached Thumbnails
-mini-mp-prime-thingy-done-2013994806.jpg   -mp-complete-banner.jpg   -tasks-front.jpg   -tasks-back.jpg   -tasks-3.jpg  

-links-1.jpg   -links-2.jpg   -links-3.jpg   -links-4.jpg   -links-5.jpg  

-links-6.jpg   -original-post.jpg  

Last edited by jozaeh; 01-31-2013 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: Updated with new page links, and project task details
jozaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Mini-Con
Wow nice keep coming Jozaeh
JanManuel27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Icon! God Regula!
Collection Count: Not many.
Whata great idea! I wish I had an RTS Legends Optimus to do this with. I always thought they should've given them more articulation.
OOSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Vehicon
Collection Count: 119
I love the idea... keep up the good job!
Television should be more informative. Television should be more intellectually stimulating. I'm going to start a movement for more socially aware tv programing!Just as soon i'm finished watching "THE BEACH CREATURE ANNOYS SANDRA DEE."
imoff2186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Maximal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanManuel27 View Post
Wow nice keep coming Jozaeh
You betcha I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOSnake View Post
Whata great idea! I wish I had an RTS Legends Optimus to do this with. I always thought they should've given them more articulation.
Ah yes! Bags ya likin the idea! I was gonna say "man just ebay one" but sheesh they're pricey on ebay, some are $23 US?! Crazy! So hopefully you can find one at a local store. Or if you really get stuck and want one, I could always get you one and post it from here in australia. it mightn't be too much with postage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoff2186 View Post
I love the idea... keep up the good job!
Ah nice! I will for sure. I'm so excited to see how he turns out.
jozaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
I give you: RoboCop 2!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Very cool stuff here. I'd like to see another tutorial made from this as you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #7
Terrorcon
Collection Count: handful...and counting.
Cool idea. I just opted for the expensive option of the t.h.s. 02 prime.. although the alt mode is horrible, bot mode more than makes up for it. Can't wait to see how this little guy ends up.
My Feedback Thread
My SALES Thread
beangrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
Icon! God Regula!
Collection Count: Not many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozaeh View Post
Ah yes! Bags ya likin the idea! I was gonna say "man just ebay one" but sheesh they're pricey on ebay, some are $23 US?! Crazy! So hopefully you can find one at a local store. Or if you really get stuck and want one, I could always get you one and post it from here in australia. it mightn't be too much with postage.
I checked Amazon.co.uk, it's at minimum about £20! That's insane. Megatron is about £50, and the rest are £9 maximum. Can you beleive the prices on those!
OOSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Cyber Ninja Web Developer
Collection Count: too big for my wife's tastes...
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to WuLongTi Send a message via Yahoo to WuLongTi Send a message via Skype™ to WuLongTi
I wanted to do this too! though I was thinking of doing new legs and forearms in shapeways.. though I suck at 3D modeling at the moment...

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

:blog: :DeviantArt: :facebook: :Twitter: :ShapeWays:
WuLongTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Cyber Ninja Web Developer
Collection Count: too big for my wife's tastes...
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to WuLongTi Send a message via Yahoo to WuLongTi Send a message via Skype™ to WuLongTi
I wanted to do this too! though I was thinking of doing new legs and forearms in shapeways.. though I suck at 3D modeling at the moment...

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

:blog: :DeviantArt: :facebook: :Twitter: :ShapeWays:
WuLongTi is offline   Reply With Quote