Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Mini MP Prime thingy - by Jozaeh (WIP)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Vehicon
_Flashback_'s Ebay Auctions
Great work and pics. Love the in-progress shots. Drilling the stacks was the first thing I did to this little guy too.
_Flashback_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
Mandiprime97's badass :)
Collection Count: selling them off.....
I like the knee joint, nice work

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...feed-back.html
TWINTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
Resident Cheesehead
Collection Count: 2^211,000,000
you could always just modify the wheels so they stayed on the hips in bot mode
bacon4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Maximal
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flashback_ View Post
Great work and pics. Love the in-progress shots. Drilling the stacks was the first thing I did to this little guy too.
Ah yep, progress shots are so fun for me to look at, so when i can share them I try to! Oh and you modded this lil fella too? Do you have a photo of him at all that I could see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINTURBO View Post
I like the knee joint, nice work
Ah cool! I just worked on the knee joints a little more last night and they're working better, i'll post photos in just a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon4e View Post
you could always just modify the wheels so they stayed on the hips in bot mode
Oh man, good idea Bacon, that totally could work hey. I think I need to buy a spare little legends prime to do some mod sacrificing practice on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beangrower View Post
Cool idea. I just opted for the expensive option of the t.h.s. 02 prime.. although the alt mode is horrible, bot mode more than makes up for it. Can't wait to see how this little guy ends up.
Ah I'm still new to the extensive range of figures out there hey, so I had to look up the ths 02 prime to see what you meant. "alt mode is horrible" ha ha! Oh that's a funny (yet sad) line. But a great bot mode really takes the cake hey. Well I hope you like how this little dude ends up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOSnake View Post
I checked Amazon.co.uk, it's at minimum about 20! That's insane. Megatron is about 50, and the rest are 9 maximum. Can you beleive the prices on those!
What the heck Snake?! I can't believe they're that much? Well I guess you're actually paying for the 'service' more than the item itself. Like if you bought a single grain of sand off amazon. It would still have postage and 'handling' prices they have to work in to it even though a grain of sand should be pretty much 1c to buy. Ha!

Ok I don't know where the grain of sand comparison came from. Anyway! The offer to buy and send you one still stands, holler if ya want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuLongTi View Post
I wanted to do this too! though I was thinking of doing new legs and forearms in shapeways.. though I suck at 3D modeling at the moment...

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

Oh man new arms and legs would be SO cool! I wonder if someone has actually done a scanned and shrunk down MP prime before with shapeways? Oh gosh imagine that!
jozaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
Maximal
Update #1 - 17 october

UPDATE #1 - 17 OCTOBER

Here's an update for y'all, last night I finished the other knee ball joint and it's working well. (geez working on this is sooo teeny tiny! Dremelling little joints send them flicking and flying out of my fingers all the time, ha!).

I also craft knife'd the edges of the thighs to slightly match closer to the shape of a real MP prime's legs.

I shaved down the inside edges of the side tanks on the shin pieces, this gives them a little more spacing to allow thigh movement.

I then dremelled out the waist piece, giving more rotation room for the top of the thighs, which now allows full forward, backward and side rotation of 180 degrees. Yeah!

And best of all, Prime will be able to pull of poses like this:
(which is sorely needed in prime figures I feel. I've never liked the brazel disregard to the need for him to be able to kick himself in the head).

That's all for now till the next update, later!
Jozaeh
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
*throws popcorn in mouth*

Eagerly awaiting more updates!
[SIZE="1"]Beast Wars Accessories from Shapeways!! Dinobot's sword, Rampage's Spark holder and more! Shapeways Store and Radicons Thread w/ pics
supervir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
Maximal
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervir2 View Post
*throws popcorn in mouth*

Eagerly awaiting more updates!

Ha ha! I love that saying.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #18
Icon! God Regula!
Collection Count: Not many.
This looks good! I would take you up on your offer, but I can't buy stuff over the internet yet (damn!) and my mum won't, becuase my birthday's coming up and stuff. That, and it's a relative stranger over the internet
OOSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #19
Maximal
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOSnake View Post
This looks good! I would take you up on your offer, but I can't buy stuff over the internet yet (damn!) and my mum won't, becuase my birthday's coming up and stuff. That, and it's a relative stranger over the internet
Ahhh I totally understand! Oh well, no worries.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #20
Icon! God Regula!
Collection Count: Not many.
Thanks, though.
OOSnake is offline   Reply With Quote