Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

prime silvastreak

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
Priest of Primus
warriorpriest's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: lots and lots and lots
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to warriorpriest Send a message via MSN to warriorpriest Send a message via Yahoo to warriorpriest
If you are happy with it that is all that matters. I would suggest taping off areas for cleaner lines though. It does work. As far as a slimmer figure, well not everyone is built the same. Just ask BM Strika and Cybertron Override. Two ladies that are definitely not Arcee bike repaints.
TFW SALES PLEASE Help NEW stuff added
TFW WANTS
TFW Feedback
Warrior's-Toys Blog -all new posts, finally......
warriorpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
Autobot
News Credits: 1
I like the concept but as Unicron said, you need some practice. Don't take criticism badly. Just because someone doesn't care for your work doesn't mean that their advice is invalid. Don't be afraid to look at your stuff and ask how it can be better.

I do think the new hands help but yeah, that mold isn't female to me. I had thought that it might be able to work as a female but seeing the end result proves, to me at least, that it doesn't.
Burnout V4 - Free papercraft energon cubes made by me

Plan D Avalon- playing games and being dumb - Ode to my sister-in-law
Rexidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
Autobot
cheetor71's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 149+
Send a message via Yahoo to cheetor71
Nice idea.

Now accepting commissions
cheetor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
There can be only one!
noblekale's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many
Send a message via MSN to noblekale Send a message via Yahoo to noblekale
I like it, but if you don't mind a bit of hopefully constructive criticism?

First, thin your paint. It goes a LONG way to improving your painting, especially if you're using brushes. Personally, I like the Future Finish floor wax. Use that to thin your paint down if you're using acrylics, and it not only makes it go on smoother, but it also adds protection to your work.

Second, dismantle the figure as much as you can. If you can't get a piece apart, and you want it COMPLETELY untouched (windows, parts of wheel, etc...), then mask it off with tape.

Next, go from largest to smallest, damning the details at first. For example, the front of the car that's silver has a lot of red showing through, especially in parts that look like you were intentionally trying to avoid touching. Since the inside of the front is black anyway, just go ahead and paint the silver on it, and if you get some on the black, whoops. Touch it up once you're finished.

Finally, for concepts, don't be afraid to think outside the box! Personally I like where this is going, but just working on your painting skills will take it miles farther. Never get discouraged, even Leonardo da Vinci started with a water color paint by numbers set

Now, just personal experience, but I find that if you're going for a brilliant silver, it's best to take ALL the paint off of it that you can, including factory if possible, and then paint the piece pure gloss black. From there, lay on THIN coats of silver paint to get the right shade you want. It makes the parts look gorgeous, at least to me, done correctly.

Practice as much as you can, and don't let anyone really bother you
noblekale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #15
Autobot (former merc con)
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by takarei View Post
you said spot coloring how do you mean and what color.
Spot coloring is kinda like color that you add to break up the monotony of the primary color as well as drawing attention to certain parts that you want to draw eyes to.

All that said, I hope I didn't come off as dissing your work because I wasn't intending that at all. I like what you've done so far and I just wanted to suggest a few things as ideas to try.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
alekesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #16
auto bot wanderer
Collection Count: 100 min
Quote:
Originally Posted by alekesam View Post
Spot coloring is kinda like color that you add to break up the monotony of the primary color as well as drawing attention to certain parts that you want to draw eyes to.

All that said, I hope I didn't come off as dissing your work because I wasn't intending that at all. I like what you've done so far and I just wanted to suggest a few things as ideas to try.
naw your cool with me it was your idea to switch the hands out. what did you think of the new ones?
takarei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
Autobot (former merc con)
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by takarei View Post
naw your cool with me it was your idea to switch the hands out. what did you think of the new ones?
Definetly more feminine. I would've went smaller but that's me. Just don't forget this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpriest View Post
As far as a slimmer figure, well not everyone is built the same. Just ask BM Strika and Cybertron Override. Two ladies that are definitely not Arcee bike repaints.
^^Total truth.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
alekesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #18
Omnibot
Collection Count: a few g1s, chug, and prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by alekesam View Post
I think if the OP replaced the hands with more feminine hands (say a spare set of Arcee Prime's for instance if he has them) and give Silvastreak way more silver with some spot coloring, it'd work just fine.

Tho' if you really want to make a fembot out of a Prime figure, the RiD Vehicon would be my choice.
i agree vehicon would make a much better fembot base. knockouts body looks beefy compared to the head.
daelf1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
auto bot wanderer
Collection Count: 100 min
Quote:
Originally Posted by daelf1980 View Post
i agree vehicon would make a much better fembot base. knockouts body looks beefy compared to the head.
wow some one bumped my tread. actuly ive got my prid vehicon drying right now im working on turning him in to a shito shrine assistanit called a "miko"
takarei is offline   Reply With Quote