Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hercules "Rage Upgrade" Elbows

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #641
Mini-Con
Well, I broke down and ordered the full Monte (feel dirty typing that) in WSFP. I still don't plan on painting much if at all possible.

I'm hoping to get a number of dyes and some material to test it on, see what I can come up with while I wait.

I copied some tiny pics from Hook and Scavenger to show what I mean, not a whole wrap, just some panels to cover the majority of whatever wrong color we are dealing with.
Attached Thumbnails
Hercules "Rage Upgrade" Elbows-scav1.png  
Attached Images

Check out Grendel Prime's Custom Faction Symbols!

PhotoBucket:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tos/?start=all
Yaosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #642
News Credits: 169
Still haven't had time to paint and also still waiting on some parts (coming this early Feb...)

My B/S/T thread. TFs, Gundam, Joes, Revoltech, SRCs, Spawn, StarWars, etc. PM me if interested. Thanks.*** Feedback thread and catch me on Facebook: daim.choc

daimchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #643
Mini-Con
Well Daimchoc, that looks like most of the parts to me. Just curious, what are you missing?

And if you don't mind me asking, which face is that? there are so many out these days it's hard to remember them all. It looks a bit like Dr Wu's but I thought that was for Giant?
Check out Grendel Prime's Custom Faction Symbols!

PhotoBucket:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tos/?start=all
Yaosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #644
News Credits: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaosai View Post
Well Daimchoc, that looks like most of the parts to me. Just curious, what are you missing?

And if you don't mind me asking, which face is that? there are so many out these days it's hard to remember them all. It looks a bit like Dr Wu's but I thought that was for Giant?
I'm waiting for the cab covers as well as the metal hip ratchets. That's the Dr. Wu Invulnerable face.
My B/S/T thread. TFs, Gundam, Joes, Revoltech, SRCs, Spawn, StarWars, etc. PM me if interested. Thanks.*** Feedback thread and catch me on Facebook: daim.choc

daimchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #645
Angkan ng mga Alamat
I finally saw that video of yours echo. That does the set more justice. I recommend you do with Devastator fully painted.

nice integra.

Soooo... where do you find your hope?
seali_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #646
Angkan ng mga Alamat
I don't why it didn't occur to me before. Echo, have you tried looking into making Herc's head look down? Anyway you can add something to make it possible?

Thanks.

Soooo... where do you find your hope?
seali_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #647
Terrorcon
Collection Count: 181 and not slowing
Send a message via MSN to ryanlb
Well, I don't know how it happened, but somehow a month passed without me reading this thread. Caught up on it last night, and everything looks amazing and I was very nearly placing an order for the full kit, when I was alerted to a grail item becoming available for just outside my price range. So I bought it anyway.

Unfortunately, now i'll have to wait a bit before I can get this, but hopefully the cab covers will be included at that point.

But really, the set looks fantastic, I love that it's polished - last month I got my first polished products from Shapeways and I MUCH prefer it to the plain WSF. Hercules is going to be unbelievably fantastic once I have this kit, I cannot wait.

I may even have to spring for the hip joint replacement, if I can't see another method of tightening them up. That's the biggest reason I don't display Hercules combined, i don't think he can support his own weight between the loose knee joint and hips.
Kamen Rider collection -- Transformer collection
Please buy my toys -- feedback -- Toy Pics -- Toy Review Videos -- 2 Drunk Geeks and Ryan Podcast
ryanlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #648
Dinobot
echotransformer's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 600+ and growing every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
I finally saw that video of yours echo. That does the set more justice. I recommend you do with Devastator fully painted.

nice integra.
Yes, will definitely do a revised 'Painted Herc" video...believe it or not I still have that old Integra...B18C5 engine now, I store the car for winter...still wins Autocross events...LOVE it

Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
I don't why it didn't occur to me before. Echo, have you tried looking into making Herc's head look down? Anyway you can add something to make it possible?

Thanks.
I'll put it on the list, but it's fairly unlikely. I'm doing FOC Bruticus now, so that's got me really busy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlb View Post
Well, I don't know how it happened, but somehow a month passed without me reading this thread. Caught up on it last night, and everything looks amazing and I was very nearly placing an order for the full kit, when I was alerted to a grail item becoming available for just outside my price range. So I bought it anyway.

Unfortunately, now i'll have to wait a bit before I can get this, but hopefully the cab covers will be included at that point.

But really, the set looks fantastic, I love that it's polished - last month I got my first polished products from Shapeways and I MUCH prefer it to the plain WSF. Hercules is going to be unbelievably fantastic once I have this kit, I cannot wait.

I may even have to spring for the hip joint replacement, if I can't see another method of tightening them up. That's the biggest reason I don't display Hercules combined, i don't think he can support his own weight between the loose knee joint and hips.
Great to see you back Ryan! Yes I expect cab covers will get added to main kit mid-to-late February once test results are in..that said, for ~$4, you're not saving much buying it outside the main kit

***IMPORTANT UPDATE***

I updated the crane port on all kits to address any looseness that may happen due to poor Shapeways tolerances. Although it's only one report of the part being loose, the fix is really simple--there's a few little tabs inside that can be easily shaved if it's too tight.

All kits updated as of tonight.

Cheers,

Echo

Shapeways: - Hercules - Predaking - Hegemon - FOC Bruticus
Building Blocks: - Kreo Optimus - Devastator & Ironhide
Like us on Facebook! : Echo.TF.Toys
echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #649
Protectobot
benclark1982's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: About 25 MP type figures
Hey guys i have a general Shapeways question. I recently received some parts from them and i had ordered the in Strong White Flexible Polished (first time getting polished) and i can't tell the difference. I compared them to some that were not polished and i see no difference. Should'nt they be kind of shinny? Any help would be great.
Wants http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wanted...ants-list.html
Feedbac Feedback
benclark1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #650
Dinobot
echotransformer's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 600+ and growing every day
^^ they should be noticeably smoother, shinier almost production quality. Some stepping may remain depending on build orientation, but most if not all 'sandiness' should be eliminated.

Here are some pictures: Hercules "Rage Upgrade" Elbows

They might have skipped the polishing process entirely...if so contact them and I'm sure they'll help sort it out.

Cheers,

Echo

Shapeways: - Hercules - Predaking - Hegemon - FOC Bruticus
Building Blocks: - Kreo Optimus - Devastator & Ironhide
Like us on Facebook! : Echo.TF.Toys
echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote