Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Stunticon
FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread

Hello.

So I finally got Bruticus. He's pretty bad ass except for Brawl. He just looks stupid in both modes. Luckily I found out about HeavyTread from searching the radicons. Made the adjustments without sacrificing any of the original pieces from the ROTF Brut Max set. Well I needed the energon port, but I didn't have to cut anything or glue anything. So if I ever need to sell the set, the port can easily be put back into ROTF brawl.

I also wanted to give Bruticus a chest shield. I was gonna buy an original G1 shield, but I figured I'd just make my own and give it an updated look. The chest shield is made from parts of a Blackout figure and an oversized KO junker of a jumpstarter.

Hope you like him.
Attached Thumbnails
FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-banner.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020707.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020713.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020718.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020722.jpg  

FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020724.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020725.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020728.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020730.jpg   FP Bruticus Additions: Chest Shield/HeavyTread-p1020731.jpg  

DavidLoPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
News Credits: 8
Is it really that easy just to stick a combiner port into PCC Heavytread? I'm thinking about doing it myself.

Nice paint apps.
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Relatively easy if you've done customs before... Here's one of the threads that shows what can be done. PCC Heavytread to "Universe Combiner" Brawl.

Essentially a new peg where the Minicon attachment port of the chest would be added, and there's a convenient space in the bottom of the tank mode that allows the attachment of the combiner port.

That said... very nice repaint of HT to Brawl.

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
Quintesson
Collection Count: Two and a half 6 foot shelves full and growing
I actually did something of a mod for just this. Few people tried it and liked it. Doesnt require more than a knife a thumb tack and screwdriver. It also hides in both modes AND still aids transformation. It can work like this however. The gap is just as wide as the port used to bridge it and create a stiff joint. Theres no way that I found to hide the giant port of gray plastic. I lover the shield. I had considered for a time doing the same from a knock off bruti that i have. Hmmmm.....decisions decisions.
"Do it with style or dont bother doing it!"
Carpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
Banned
i took the easy way out just using a combiner socket port from a tank limb right into place on the bottomside of heavytreads butt flap

that way the buttflaps original fold ing hinge on heavtread also doubls as a knee joint for the buttflap combiner port to rotate on

other then bruticus haveing one lower leg and foot slightly out of alightment with the other in combienr mode the simple mod works like a charm an it sort of gives the tank a kind of rear moutned rocket nbooster to work with as well lol
GENOZAUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
the original thirteen
Collection Count: a s#it load
that chest sheild is WICKED..
kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
Reflector In Disguise
knightmare6's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I don't want to count... I'm afraid to know how much I spent!
Damn that looks nice! I think I need to get a second Heavy Tread now, just to do this with! I just got one to prepare for the Iron Army figures...
Tumblr | Instagram | FlickR | Twitter
knightmare6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Mini-Con
The chest shield is great. An excellent update to the original design. Would you consider doing a Shapeways run of it? I'd love to get my hands on a copy.
MrGinghamShirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
TFW2005 Supporter
News Credits: 2
Wow, that's really nice. Almost makes me wish I hadn't sold mine.
collection trades feedback FIRRIB

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7359-0490 PM me if you add me!
AngryChad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
Tulta munille!!
Dormamu's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: See the signature....
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Dormamu
Very nice chest piece! That didn't sound right. Still awesome work!

NC@TFW (THE NORTH CAROLINA TFW SOCIAL GROUP) NC 2014 Meeting Thread
Dormamu is offline   Reply With Quote