Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transforming Veritech Fighter WIP

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Maximal
TF Hunter D's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
You guys know that Yamato's already taken care of this whole, transforming "veritech" toy problem, right . . .?
Nope. Didn't know that. Ya' got a page that explains it?
TF Hunter D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Robotech was a compilation of three unrelated anime. The first series, Macross, continued on as its own franchise in Japan, spawning several new series.

The transforming mecha from the original Macross series was known as the VF-1 Valkyrie.

Yamato is a Japanese company that produced several versions of this mecha. The first was a 1/60 scale version that transformed using detachable legs. The mold is great but it was an imperfect parts-forming transformation.

They then released a 1/48 scale version of the VF-1 and its variants that transformed using an integrated swing bar that mounted between the legs and under the fuselage:

Later, a second 1/60 version was released with a similar transformation but an even cleaner mold:

Back in the day, Bandai, with the help of Takatoku, also produced a 1/55 scale version of the mold. Hasbro licensed this mold and recolored it to use as Jetfire.

Thats why I think it's funny you're trying to make a transforming "veritech" out of the piece of crap mold that Harmony Gold used in its robotech line.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
ThyVipera
thyvipera's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: not many, they're all in pieces
i may be mistaken, but the exo squad being used here is bigger than the 1/55 scale.

so it makes sense to me, i havnt seen it done, and I'm glad to see it done.

most people customize for the love of it, so in the end, that should only matter.

This guy is taken a somewhat brick-plane, and re-engineering him into jetfire. That has my attention.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
thyvipera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #14
Maximal
TF Hunter D's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyvipera View Post
i may be mistaken, but the exo squad being used here is bigger than the 1/55 scale.
You are correct, sir. This figure is bigger than the ones pictured above. And the head (not attached as of yet) is different, kinda' resembling a Shockwave-type face. I think it's the VF-1J.
TF Hunter D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
World Smallest Mini-Con
G60Force's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 99+
Exactly!! this point of turning a non transforming figure into a transforming figure = WIN!
WIP'S/COMPLETED/COMMISSIONS

MY WANTS / MY SALES... COMMISSIONS OPEN!
G60Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
#MoreSawBoss
destrongerlupus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 3
Yeah this sucker is nearly 1:18 scale (probably more like 1:20ish), which is HUGE compared to the official Transforming Valyks.

Keep rolling man, this will be a thing of wonder when done! The progress is great!

My Custom Feedback Thread
My take away from Charticon 2013- The world wants more Saw Boss.
destrongerlupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #17
Banned
MAIDEN JAPAN's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 2000?
News Credits: 1
Nice mod! I read an article somewhere that this Matchbox fighter was originally designed to transform in all 3 modes like Takatoku ones.
MAIDEN JAPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Banned
Pimptimus_Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A Bunch But Not Enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
*snip* Thats why I think it's funny you're trying to make a transforming "veritech" out of the piece of crap mold that Harmony Gold used in its robotech line.
Not only is it larger scale, it's a Jetfire that can fit G.I. Joes! I need one... No, three, immediately! :-D
Pimptimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: i don't know. i'm honestly scared to count. i had to have broken the 1000 mark by now though....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAIDEN JAPAN View Post
Nice mod! I read an article somewhere that this Matchbox fighter was originally designed to transform in all 3 modes like Takatoku ones.
That is correct. They wanted to make them transformable, but couldn't make it work with the budget. that's why if you've ever seen one up close (and i've only seen one once) it's a bit over engineered in some places.

This is a huge toy, much bigger than most people realize. i've always wanted to see this happen, so I'm glad you are taking on the task. Good luck!

R!
WANT LIST: Optimus Prime Decoy, Optimus Prime Jr.
Help me complete my Primes!
Bigbot3030 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
Autobot
cheetor71's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 149+
Send a message via Yahoo to cheetor71
Nice. It will be cool to see this along side some GI Joes.

Now accepting commissions
cheetor71 is offline   Reply With Quote