Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Banned
frenzyrumble's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 300
News Credits: 52
RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification

Original:

After modification:

Over on another thread, Boggs mentioned the lack of articulation in Rampages arms. I had to grab mine and check. Whoa! That sucks!

Five (5) minutes later, I bring you one of the easiest mods to add elbows to this guy.

Basic tools needed:
  1. screwdriver;
  2. X-Acto knift;
  3. disposable lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solrac333 View Post
Question. Do you think that will weaken the screw since it wasn't meant to be a joint?
It's possible. Another solution would be using a tack nail as a flat headed pin. Drop some glue into the orange part (just a touch where the nail reaches into the hole), then put the arm back together and put the pin/nail in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeails22x View Post
This mod does not affect the alt mode, does it? Does the arm try to "fold up" while the tread is stretched over it?
Nope. It keeps the arm [at] the exact same length.
Attached Thumbnails
RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-01_tools.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-02.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-03.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-05.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-06.jpg  

RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-07.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-08.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-09.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-sample_2.jpg   RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-sample_3.jpg  

RotF Rampage: Easy Elbow Modification-04.jpg  

Last edited by Superquad7; 05-31-2011 at 12:27 AM..
Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Mini-Bot Leader
Auceps Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingwill3rd View Post
Try using a strong pair of scissors like i did. it's easier and burn free
Or you could use some good wire cutters, which make gripping easier. Thats how I did mine. Also while your at it try the leg mod.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...e-leg-mod.html
Closed Thread