Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Sunlinks Armory

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #21
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 350+
News Credits: 2
Dude any ETA on getting that little pistol printable and avialable to purchase on shapeways

WTB:loose sonic bomber, grandus, metal hawk, road ceaser chest plate + accesories or ko's
nemisispringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #22
TF Art Lad
Collection Count: 1. I have one collection.
Send a message via MSN to Ramrider Send a message via Yahoo to Ramrider
On the whole, these look pretty good. Some of them could probably do with a hair more detailing; I think the side of Cyclonus' gun and Prowl's barrel look particularly plain, but I think mostly all that's needed is a little filleting (rounding) or chamfering (bevelling) along the edges (depending on what program you're using to model in, it should be a pretty simple alteration to make). It's surprising how much difference such a small change can make.

I like that you're trying to give the modern figures their classic guns. Actually, it reminds me that I've got a few to get finished and up for sale.
Check out my Shapeways store for figures, kitbashing supplies and more! I also have a Twitter now.

Ramrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #23
#MoreSawBoss
destrongerlupus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlink View Post
Another update on a few prototypes ...

These are made with translucent material and then dyed in "grey" (though they look blue-ish or black-ish)

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...TFW/group2.jpg
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...FW/typoon1.jpg
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...on-update1.jpg
Looking VERY nice!

My Custom Feedback Thread
My take away from Charticon 2013- The world wants more Saw Boss.
destrongerlupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
Be Transformed
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisispringer View Post
Dude any ETA on getting that little pistol printable and avialable to purchase on shapeways
Hopefully by the end of the month. I need to verify one more thing thats currently universal to all my CG models. Once that checks out I'll be releasing some of my designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrider View Post
On the whole, these look pretty good. Some of them could probably do with a hair more detailing; I think the side of Cyclonus' gun and Prowl's barrel look particularly plain, but I think mostly all that's needed is a little filleting (rounding) or chamfering (bevelling) along the edges (depending on what program you're using to model in, it should be a pretty simple alteration to make). It's surprising how much difference such a small change can make.

I like that you're trying to give the modern figures their classic guns. Actually, it reminds me that I've got a few to get finished and up for sale.
Thanks for the feedback. Both models have some rounding and beveling though I found the software that I use doesn't really accept detailing on round objects (like Prowl's barrel). I'm trying to figure out was around since I haven't had enough time to learn SketchUp just yet.
sunlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #25
Be Transformed
For those interested ...

Some of my weapon designs are now available for sale at Shapeways. Search for ''Sunlink'' or follow the link in my signature. I hope to preview some more designs soon.

Enjoy
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #26
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 350+
News Credits: 2
Dude with the barrel gun seen as though its small would you be better off putting a few on one blister seen as though shapeways charges a flat rate fee for evrey model the price would probably only increase by a small amount for people to get another gun or even more

WTB:loose sonic bomber, grandus, metal hawk, road ceaser chest plate + accesories or ko's
nemisispringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #27
Be Transformed
Reviving this thread a little since I've made some updates ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisispringer View Post
Dude with the barrel gun seen as though its small would you be better off putting a few on one blister seen as though shapeways charges a flat rate fee for evrey model the price would probably only increase by a small amount for people to get another gun or even more
I actually played around with creating multiples of guns in blister form and from what I could tell the cost was only reduced when selecting WSF material. Which, IMO the weapons look better in the various "detailed" colors. I'm probably not going to spend a slew of time on creating blisters since the amount of weapon options would be crazy.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #28
Be Transformed
Animated Cross-bow weapon

With Botcon 2011 being Animated themed I thought I'd make a weapon specifically for Animated. The Cross-bow

Near: Transparent Detail dyed brown
Far: WSF dyed with the same brown (notice the color difference)

Pre-dyed versions
Old 04-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #29
Be Transformed
RtS / United Tracks weapon

I always liked how G1 Tracks weapon looked and wanted to recreate it for his updated RtS / United toy.

Can't decide if I should make the handle wings longer or not. It might make it look a tad better but would also potentially limit how it could be held.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #30
Be Transformed
BC11 Accessories

After reading the Botcon 2011 comic I wanted to make a few accessories for those convention bots.

Toxitron's plunger v1 - The plunger is concaved

Toxitron's plunger v2 - The plunger is tiered on the inside, like a reversed Devo hat. It's also about 5mm longer than the v1.

Shattered Glass Galvatron's Arm Cannon - The arm mounting hole is slightly small on my sample. I've increased the hole size a tad but I want to get another sample in before mass release. I know if made from any of the "Strong and Flexible" you can push the arm peg into the weapons mounting hole. But still I'd rather make sure it's right from the get-go. For those early adopters it's only available in "strong and flexible"

Wildriders Megaphone - The specific handle for Wildrider is too short. I've extended the length but want to get another sample in before a mass release.

Once I finalize all Galvy's Cannon and the Megaphone I'll be release a three pack of the v1 plunger, cannon and megaphone.