Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

process' Shapeways projects

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Hanlon's razor

Collection Count: Many
News Credits: 34
process' Shapeways projects

Quote:
Please visit my Shapeways store to see my current listings: process' projects on Shapeways
Quote:
You can buy the Prime blade HERE. 2 pack HERE. Material recommendation: clear detail. I'm happy to entertain ideas for new blade designs. Notes

You can buy the WfC cannon adapter HERE. Material recommendation: any strong & flexible. The first time you use the adapter, I recommend loosening the two forearm screws, and re-tightening them once the adapter feels secure. This should ensure that it fits without potentially stressing anything.

I'm offering an improved WfC adapter HERE. I've been experimenting with the strong & flexible material, and as a result I've redesigned the way the adapter attaches. tl;dr, everything fit together more securely, at a reduced cost. Notes.

You can buy the Prime Axe HERE. Material recommendation: clear detail. Notes

You can buy the Energon adapter HERE. 2 pack HERE, 4 pack HERE. Material recommendation: any strong & flexible. Notes

You can buy the Megatron ball and chain HERE. Material recommendation: any material. I have only tested it with strong & flexible, but detail materials should work too. Notes

You can buy the G2 Prime backpack HERE. Material recommendation: any material. I have only tested it with strong & flexible, but detail materials should work too. Notes

You can buy the Protector insignia plate HERE. Material recommendation: clear or white detail. Notes

You can buy the Defender heels (pair) HERE. Material recommendation: clear detail. Notes

You can buy IDW Perceptor's rifle HERE. Material recommendation: white detail. Notes

You can buy IDW Kup's pistols (pair) HERE. Material recommendation: white or clear detail. Notes, Notes 2

You can buy Drift's Sword HERE. Material recommendation: white or clear detail. Notes

You can buy the Prime backpack version 2 HERE. Material recommendation: white or clear detail. Notes

You can buy the Prime backpack version 3 HERE. Material recommendation: white or clear detail. Notes

You can buy the Megatron flail version 2 HERE. Material recommendation: white detail. Notes

You can buy the Decepticon mace HERE. Material recommendation: white or clear detail. Notes

You can buy the Prime axe version 2 HERE. Material recommendation: clear detail. Notes
Quote:
Both strong & flexible and detail plastics take paint very well, and can be dyed easily.
Classics Prime blade: these are fairly self-explanatory. The blades attach to clips, which in turn attach to the Classics Prime mold between the forearms and cab window kibble pieces, not unlike ROTF Leader Prime. The clips are there to offer the possibility of different blade attachments, but I may end up modeling the clip+blade as a single piece. The idea here is to spraypaint the blades transparent orange. Right now, the blades are fairly thick due to material limitations, but I hope to make them thinner and more blade-like. The design was inspired by a mix of the G1 axe, the movie blades, and my own minimalism.

WfC Prime fusion cannon adapter: a very small piece that allows WfC Prime to wield WfC Megatron's fusion cannon. The piece fits in the void of Prime's forearm, and in alt. mode, the void above Prime's head. The piece is double-sided, for the two attachment points on the fusion cannon. The prototype I got works, but the material tolerancing caused it to be a hair smaller than it should be, resulting in looseness. I haven't played with it enough to know if the strong material will stand up to fatigue.

Energon connector adapter: this was something stprime introduced me to. Basically, the idea is that this will allow other combiner types to attach to the 8-sided connectors featured on Energon Superion, Bruticus and Devastator. The actual female connector for these Energon figures requires two pieces of plastic to form the socket, as well as a pair of springs. My design simplifies the female connector to a single part. Currently, it works well enough although there is some play, and as previously stated, I do not know how well this material will stand up to fatigue.

The original concept, as far as I'm aware, is here: ‚‚‚‚BƒƒO

Attached Thumbnails
process' Shapeways projects-p1050235.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050238.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050240.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050245.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050253.jpg  

process' Shapeways projects-p1050275.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050256.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050259.jpg   process' Shapeways projects-p1050261.jpg  

radicons : shapeways : photography : feedback

Last edited by process; 08-28-2011 at 04:30 AM..
process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
javaco
Location: Tallahassee, FL for School. South Florida is my home though.
News Credits: 1
wow! those are... AWESOME! i especially like the last one! how sick would that look if you attached energon primes supermode limbs to him! thats soo cool!
My Website
My Shapeways Shop
My Want List
My Feedback Thread
javaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
Ore Sanjou!
blue death's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Alot?
News Credits: 14
holy crap dude please tell me your gonna make cast and offer those swords up for sale? those things are too sweet not to have
blue death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
Hanlon's razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue death View Post
holy crap dude please tell me your gonna make cast and offer those swords up for sale? those things are too sweet not to have
You will be able to order them from Shapeways. Painting not included.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
Radicon in training
Sioce's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not nearly as many as I used to
News Credits: 3
Holy cow man!!!

I need at least 3 of those WFC connectors.

Is there a link to these? I can't seem to find them on shapeways site....also, how is the stomach piece for Superion coming along? I gotta have that as well.

Awesome work man!

BUY THIS! SHOW HASBRO THAT THERE IS A MARKET FOR COMBINERS! BUY MULTIPLES!!
Sioce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
Hanlon's razor

I haven't opened orders for the items in this thread yet, as I still have some fine-tuning to do.

The Superion piece is done, check out its thread!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #7
Exclu-DEAD
you've been working on the blocks, SWEET!!!

Want/Need: MP09 Rodimus Trailer, MP Ratbat
Feedback
stprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #8
I give you: RoboCop 2!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
That fusion cannon made me think of a WfC Guiltar. I've really been enjoying your work with the modifications and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #9
World Smallest Mini-Con
G60Force's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 99+
Quote:
Originally Posted by stprime View Post
you've been working on the blocks, SWEET!!!

http://forums.tformers.com/uploads/g..._122_74088.jpg
whats the meaning of these blocks.. were do you guys use them for?
WIP'S/COMPLETED/COMMISSIONS

MY WANTS / MY SALES... COMMISSIONS OPEN!
G60Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #10
Bug Drone
Collection Count: 361
The Superion / Wingsaber combo is insane! WOW~!
B'Bantor is offline   Reply With Quote