Bayverse Fight's and Death's

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ømnidrive, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Okay this has been on my mind for awhile now also had a talk about it with a friend. Bayverse fights too me.............BULLSHIT AND SO UNFAIR!!! I mean think about it many characters in the movie got killed off to quickly or there fight was just too unreal. I mean we know the characters and how they fight. Hasbro even gives a nice little insight on them on the toy box. Yet there nothing like that on the movie.

Here where the problems I had with some character deaths and fights......

Ironhide get's killed by a sneak attack. They could've done that in the first movie. Hell even the 2nd movie WHY WAIT TILL THE THRID MOVIE?!!!

Shockwave......human weapons should not be THAT effective. Also being surprised by being blinded. Every Shockwave we've read and seen has never been truly shocked for a good 15-20 minutes. No they shrug it off and then take action.

Soundwave....scout beat a 3rd in command comm.officer. Need I say more?

Fallen he has Primus like powers. Fight with Prime should've been longer.

Blackout a few grenades kill that Behemoth.....no. He should've still had been alive for at least the second or EVEN if LUCKY the third movie.

The sisters.......there fight was just unfair due too size and sexism on Bay's part.

Sideways could've transformed and fought a bit. BUT NOOO Bay had to turn it into a commercial for people too buy Audi's!!!

Devastator...he got shot in the arm so he's just dead? NO HE'S MADE UP OF 5 TO 6 CON'S....HE SHOULD STILL BE WALKING WITH THOSE BALLS DANGLING!!!.....

Brawl he was more equipped than I-hide. Also a scout killed a tank......fuck that!!!! He can takes blows from humans and the others, BUT THE SCOUT GET'S THE LUCKY SHOT?!!!

Starscream......I don't even wanna start!!!

........AND THE LIST CAN GO ON FOREVER!!!

I just want too know what you guy's think. Also don't give that good guy bad guy crap. That's too cliche for my taste. I need true opinions on the fight and death. How's you feel when a certain character was killed or how they fought.

2. Ømnidrive

Also sorry if this has been done before. Just needed to vent and get it off my chest. Also seeing how others feel about it is just nice.

3. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I do agree with you. The deaths make the Transformers seem less 'superior' (for lack of a better term), than they should be over humans.

The Fallen in particular, went down too easily, even if it was against a powered-up Optimus. After all, he's supposed to be one of the most powerful. I understand that he needed to die (that's what happens to villains most of the time), but they could have at least made the fight feel more titanic. Let Optimus gain the upper hand by a stroke of luck or something, rather than pummeling a supposedly superior foe to oblivion and tearing off his face.

Devastator's death was the most disappointing part of the entire trilogy for me. To have such a behemoth, die from a single shell, is ridiculous. He was portrayed as nothing more than a glorified vacuum cleaner, which disintegrated when you threw a toothpick at it.

Soundwave's was the classic, 'baddie has upper hand but wastes the advantage by dallying' death. We've seen that countless times in movies, the baddie points a gun to the good guy's head, but instead of shooting, he talks smack, then gets dispossessed and dies. Similarly Soundwave could have executed the hostages, yet dallied too much with Barricade, and the chance was gone and he paid the price instead.

At least Brawl took quite a barrage before succumbing, but Blackout effectively died by grenades to the crotch. Similarly Shockwave, another supposed big baddie, but essentially nothing more than Medusa's hair manager who seemed more capable of killing buildings than Autobots.

Never understood why Sideways just ran away, and did not put up even a whimper. Forgive me on this, but I never liked Starscream, so it was pretty hilarious for me how he died. It was undignified, but at least a more worthwhile death than getting sliced in half without a struggle.

Ironhide, oh well, the writers needed one major character to kill off, to generate the emotional shock upon Sentinel's betrayal. Optimus and Bumblebee were untouchable, so Ironhide was the next choice.

The only Decepticons that went out with a bang (in my opinion), were Bonecrusher, Grindor and Rampage. I wished the rest were more menacing.

4. cadenheadr04

cadenheadr04 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I remember correctly, Sideways was a courier. Hence why he ran when faced with actual soldier level opposition.

5. Ømnidrive

All of those are good points but for the 3rd movie. I think that Que should've died instead of I-Hide. Then in the fourth they should've kept Jolt first of all. So when Ratchet hit's the dust they still have a medic......or get TFA Red Alert.

I think your right..........I don't know?

6. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I supposed they wanted to save Que for the standoff with Soundwave and Barricade. They couldn't kill Bumblebee like that, so if Que were to die in Ironhide's place, then perhaps it could have been Dino or Sideswipe in Que's place?

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mirage was meant to die, but Ferrari would not allow Bay to kill him

8. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Toy bios can't possibly count, can they ?

9. Ømnidrive

Yes they do........they basically explain the character when the movie doesn't. Action's don't always explain a person. Sometimes you need words AND action!!! :) 

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    No, they don't. Unless Jazz miraculously came back to life after the movie just to get painted differently.

11. Ømnidrive

You and I know that don't count..............don't be a smart-aft bro!!! :lol 

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    So that doesn't count, but Sideways' does, despite other existing fiction contradicting it?

13. Ømnidrive

So do other characters...............your point?

14. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    So unless it's painfully obvious it's wrong, then it doesn't count ?

Marvelous. Just marvelous.

Just like Demolisher's bio about him being a mother hen to all those little Cons under his wing.

15. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    His point and mine is that toy bios are not reliable proof because they keep getting changed.

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Ironhide- Nobody saw it coming. So of course he'd get killed without anyone predicting it.

Shockwave- Uh, yeah. Sabot rounds ARE effective. Plus Optimus tore the shit out of him

Soundwave- Got his leg blown off, distracted by the ship crashing

The Fallen- He was old. Plus he didn't expect Optimus to get jetted up with Jetfire parts.

Blackout- He was being pounded by F-22 rockets. That'd kill most people.

The Arcee sisters were snakes with motorcycle bits on them. Of course a well-placed shot would rip them apart.

Sideways was trying to escape. He thought he could get away from Sideswipe, but didn't

Devastator lost his balance and fell, snapping his neck. A broken neck would kill most people

Brawl was getting pounded with BOTH sabot rounds and Bumblebee's rockets. Yeah, that's fair.

Starscream overestimated himself and payed the price. Perfectly fair.

Yayz logic

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No i think the OP is trying to argue that the fights are one sided and the Decepticon die way too anti-climatically with few Autobot casualties.

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Are we talking about TFP or the movies?

(ZING!)

19. Ømnidrive

Actually this......yeah also :lol  @ S77

20. Ømnidrive

Well not a full change just the bio. So they can have more sells.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong btw. Also they never sowed it in the movie so.......yeah. :)