VIDEO - Transformers: The Ride 3D soft opens in Orlando!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by InsideTheMagic, May 31, 2013.

1. InsideTheMagic

InsideTheMagic Member

News Credits:
    Tonight Transformers: The Ride 3D soft opened to Universal Orlando park guests for the first time. I sped over there as soon as I found out to ride spin and capture it all.

Three videos...

Detailed queue walkthrough and full ride:
    Full Transformers: The Ride 3D queue and ride POV at Universal Orlando - YouTube

Detailed queue walkthrough with queue videos (no ride):
    Full Transformers: The Ride 3D queue detailed walkthrough at Universal Orlando - YouTube

Full ride (queue highlights):
    Full Transformers: The Ride 3D ride POV at Universal Orlando - YouTube

I've also posted lots of photos, information, and thoughts here, including comparisons to Hollywood's version:
    Inside Transformers: The Ride 3D at Universal Orlando, as giant robots roll out Florida’s best new attraction | Inside the Magic

The wait time was posted at 90 minutes when I got there, but it only really took an hour to get through. Can't wait to go back and ride it again and again!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This isn't fair for people who plan on going to the grand opening and being the first to ride it. Soft openings serve no purpose to me. It upsets me how real fans want to be the first to rise it and then they just let random people in on a random day.

3. InsideTheMagic

InsideTheMagic Member

News Credits:
    The only people who are the first to ride it are the ones who created it. That's generally followed by employee previews. And then unannounced soft openings.

Without the soft openings, you might get there on opening day and find a broken attraction, or one not operating efficiently. They need to hold these "technical rehearsals" to make sure everything is running smoothly in time for opening day. There's nothing worse than inviting the world (and the press) to come see a brand new ride and having it break down.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but who cares? First of all this is the exact same ride as the original. Next to that there's no props to be given for being the 'official' first person to get to ride it. There's no prize, no winning cheque.

Just go to the ride and enjoy yourself, that's all that matters.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man i want to go on this sooooooooooooo bad!

6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wish I was there. Guess I'll just have to wait til early July.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huzzah!

8. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron and his Voice

Nice to see him re-united with his original voice, really changes the character in a lot of ways, a lot of GOOD ways.

9. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you wanted to be the first person to ride it, you should have booked a plane ticket to Singapore in December of 2011.

10. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    agreed. The "real" voices for Megs and Prime make this a really stirring experience. I'd LOVE to take this little trip. Looks like it's very well done.

11. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a bit peeved at Orland getting this (I live in Orange County) and it not being more exclusive to the Hollywood one (granted it was already in Singapore) and that's largelyb ecause the Orlando versions of parks always seem to get more and better stuff so it was nice to have the SoCal park with something unique for a change.

But (before people start calling me out on that) at least more people can enjoy the ride now and it won't diminish my enjoyment of it so whatever will be will be.

To those who have not ridden it yet, I was at the hard opening in Hollywood for the ride. This ride is in fact absolutely fantastic (whether you like the movies or not). It is exceptionally well done, rather long for a ride and basically a child hood dream come to life. Admittedly a lot of it is basically moving you through scenes from the first two films strung together but as a ride it succeeds on virtually all fronts (including the best use of 3d I've ever seen).

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Wow, this looks like it could actually be a good ride.

13. Citricon

Citricon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wtf I'm an annual pass holder and didn't know about this. Smh.

14. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was confused at first and it took me a minute to realize what you were saying, cause Orlando is in Orange County, FL lol.

I don't know why you're upset about the other side of the country being able to enjoy a ride that you've been able to enjoy for the past year though...be thankful you had it first (besides singapore).

15. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah but Transformers is currently the best ride ride in Hollywood, and will be for a few years. In Orlando it will quickly be overshaddowed by Phase 2 of Harry Potter next year. It should have at least been a USH exclusive for another year before coming to USO.