Deleted Scenes from 1986 Animated Movie - Animated from the original storyboards

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Feb 28, 2013.

1. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    Hello!

I've finally started publishing some of my collection here on my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/TheSpacebridge

PLEASE LIKE MY PAGE!

I have put on youtube a couple of videos I created from the original production used story boards

Video 1 - Devastator Falls

I have included a section of the film either side so you can see where it would have fit in. I believe this scene was animated as it exists in very late production notes & music was written to accompany it. It was cut as Nelson Shin felt it ruined the flow of Primes attack leading up to his battle with Megatron. Ultra Magnus, Tracks, Sideswipe & Red Alert were picked to attack Devastator as they all have rocket launchers. It also explains what Megatron was looking at when Prime found him.

Transformers The Animated Movie 1986 - Deleted Scene Devastator Falls - YouTube

Video 2 - Ultra Magnus's original death

In the storyboards Ultra Magnus had a much more barbaric death at the hands of the Sweeps. As you can see in the video, he is literally pulled apart. This scene was animated but removed due to concerns over the violence. There are many clues in the film that this scene should still be there. The audio matches this version exactly, Magnus sounds like he is being pulled apart. You see the Sweeps fire out 4 solid beams towards Magnus. Finally Galvatron catches the Matrix when it falls perfectly into his hands from above.

Transformers Animated Movie Ultra Magnus Original Storyboarded Death Deleted Scene 1986 - YouTube

Hope you enjoy & please like my Facebook page!

Cheers
    Hitch

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Thanks so much for this Hitch, it's amazing to see these and imagine what might have been... very cool of you to start opening the doors to that vault you must own by now.

3. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    These are awesome, but i swear i have seen the magnus pulled apart scene on a dvd, i swear i have...

4. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No you haven't.

it's nice seeing these recreated scenes it's just a shame we will probably never see any more finished versions of these scenes if they existed.

The death seems more vicious seeing it animated with the sounds than when I imagined it or saw it in the comic.

I'm still trying to see the actual animated cut bit of footage of Kup running over the someone that was on one of the dvds. There was a clip of it on youtube but it has since gone the way of all things.

5. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

wow, these are amazing! thanks so much for sharing them! I would have loved to have seen that scene with devastator in the final movie, but I can also see why they cut it. still, very cool all the same.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Devestator scene was used in a TFCC comic wasn't it?

7. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    I beg to differ. Yes you've seen it, in the Marvel Comic's TFTM movie adaptation. The comic book art is almost identical to the storyboard, including the odd egg shape the Matrix has. Frm the wiki: "A three-issue mini-series adaptation of the feature film, with no continuity ties to the regular comic series. Differences to the animated feature include the original designs for the Autobot Matrix of Leadership and Ultra Magnus' original death at the hand of Scourge and his Sweeps."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  8. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    There's a way to see that on the 20th anniversarry DVD. Watch it with the pop-up info stuff, and during Magnus' death scene there's a pop-up saying he was originally gonna die another way. Click on that pop-up with your remote and it plays the story boards as a video.

9. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes it was!

10. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    These are really cool videos! I would like to see how Hot Rod and crew got underwater...
    Thanks for creating and sharing these!!

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought so. :) 

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

This is one of the coolest information bits I've read in a very long time. It would have been awesome to see Tracks, Sideswipe, and Red Alert engaging in battle with Devastator. Did that storyboard imply Red Alert was killed from the Constructicons' fire? It kind of looks like it.

I remember as a kid rewinding the tape hundreds if not thousands of times trying to see if I could identify all the characters in the background or in the battle scenes. Such an epic movie, still to this day.

13. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    Glad you like it guys, I plan to do a much longer video of the entire Autobot city battle including all the storyboarded scenes that were cut (There are a lot of them!)

Please like my Facebook page, I'm going to keep adding stuff you have never seen before to it as I get more likes!

Cheers
    Hitch

14. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice videos! I could buy that Magnus could be revived by the Junkions if he was drawn and quartered by the sweeps - but since he was shot multiple times instead in the movies that should have burned/fused his insides making his resurrection unlikely. Of course, I am a bloodthirsty guy who originally thought he should have stayed dead as he did nothing else for the rest of the movie (sorry).

15. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is awesome, it's too bad they didn't keep the Devastator scene in -- looks like it would have been awesome animated.

16. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Scene 2 (the battle with devastator) was on the 20th anniversary DVD. Scene 1 wasn't. (Since that's the first time I've seen it)

I can see why the magnus death scene was removed. That was kind of brutal. (Especially since the movie was already pushing the envelope with the previous death scenes)

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Great stuff, thanks.
    Spacebridge, are you on the fan commentary on the DVD?
    You said you watched the VHS tape frame by frame looking for Snarl?

18. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Maybe for the next anniversary dvd/bluray release, they'll animate these deleted scenes in the style of the original movie.

Unlikely, but it's fun to think about!

19. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I'd like to thing someone with animation skills could create a re-cut version for us to see

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    This!