Minor/Repaint: DotM deluxe Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hthrun, Jan 28, 2013.

1. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Started painting my deluxe Roadbuster. He's got the Reprolabel set which I think pretty much completes his car mode. I'll have to check out pics of Earnhardt's car to see if there's anything else I can add...
    I've painted his missiles, torso, and start his arms and legs so far. I'm wondering if I should paint his "hair" silver...

Attached Files:

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Very nice. Might I suggest painting the torso turbine black?

3. hthrun

Ebay:
    Thanks! I think I'm going to leave it as is. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to see the detail too well if I painted it black...

4. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Alternate shades of silver to help bring out the details. If you need to, get some metallic blacks and whites and mix them to the proper results. And I vote yes for painting his "hair" silver. I'm pretty sure it was in the movie, and this is looking pretty movie accurate to me.

5. hthrun

Ebay:
    I currently only have one type of each silver, black, and white. Do you think it would work to mix silver with regular black/white?
    Also, are you saying I should paint different parts on Roadbuster different shades, or use different shades as different dry brush levels?
    Thanks!

6. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think the different shades as a dry brush would bring out the details without overwhelming the figure. At least, that's my opinion. And you might be able to use a light black or white to darken or lighten the silver on there now. Best thing to do is test it on a piece to see how it looks, and tweak things to your liking. It looks great though :) 

7. hthrun

Ebay:
    Thanks! I actually like to start painting the silver before the black base coat is completely dry in hopes of it darkening the silver that's closer to that coat. Next time I paint Roadbuster I'll have to try some silver paint as is and see if it's lighter than what's on him now...

I like to go back and work on previous customs, going with ones that are furthest back. Right now that would be my RotF Sideways. But I like how he is now, so I don't think I'll try painting lighter silver on him...
    My next oldest is my DotM Nitro Bumblebee. He needs a lot more areas dry brushed, but I can try some light silver on the areas I've already done...

Attached Files:

8. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Nice work, they're all awesome! :) 

9. hthrun

Ebay:
    Thanks! That Sideways is probably my only custom that I would consider completely finished, that I don't have any future plans for...