FansProject release of the other 3 G1 Bruticus components? (Onslaught,Vortex, Brawl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JetBrawn, Jan 27, 2013.

1. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

It would seem that these would be in very high demand since there's already a massive built-in customer base with so many collectors owning Munitioner and Explorer.

It should be easy for them to create their improved versions of these 3 characters rather than rely on Hasbro's Energon versions that differ greatly in aesthetic compared to their G1 counterparts.

I bet it's just a matter of time, since they have so many other projects in motion, though have the only foothold with Bruticus. It's as if they already have a monopoly on that character since Munitioner and Explorer were the first 3rd party combiner figures.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like a new Brawl but I think I'm happy enough with the official Onslaught and Vortex. It would be cool if they did it, but I'd rather spend my money on characters I don't have at all rather than replacing characters I'm already fairly satisfied with for better ones.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    got all excited for nothing. :( 

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    You and me both. To be fair, it doesn't take too much to excite me when I'm sitting at home at 1am on a Saturday night.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

ive been saying this for years. people used to get upset just for bringing it up. id buy it. munitioner and explorer are awsome. the other hasbro bots are NOT.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Says you. They're great figures in their own right. Just maybe not as the Combaticons (although, apart from the head, the Barricade mold looks a lot like Onslaught).

7. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather have FP or MT completely restart Bruticus to scale better with the Stunticons in robot mode.

8. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It would be great if FP made the other three. I would preorder all three.

~Matt Booker

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^As would I, but it isn't a priority for me, especially with Menasor, Predakings, Sixshot, Superion (already partway out), Headmasters, etc, etc, etc, coming down the pike. I am more than happy with my Bruticus with FP upgrades as is right now. Wouldn't mind if TFClub gave us a new somewhat larger version of him to go along with Superion and Devs, but I don't have the wallet space for much of anything right now.

10. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I hear that. :lol 

I'm not a fan of the TFClub stuff, though. Even with Superion, the individual bots are a bit blocky for my tastes. (I really like how Herc's arms transform without extra parts, but I went with Giant because I like the individual bots more.) So TFClub can Tackle Bruticus if they want, but I still want FP to do the other members.

~Matt Booker

11. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this :( 

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

This.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This pretty much sums it up.

There's a lot more stuff out there for them to tackle instead of revisiting projects that already came out well.

Hell, if they wanna' redo something - Redo Warbot defender with a more cohesive robot mode and joints that don't grind themselves out in a transformation or two. Slaps some decent heels on that S.O.B. too.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I understand the complaints about his lack of heels, but he is actually pretty well balanced without, provided you can get his knees to not buckle on you since they've ground their ratchets into powder.

15. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    ... all the more reason that this thing should be redone.

Another thing I'd do: remove the diecast. It's pointless and a big part of what kills the joints so fast.

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Actually, it's not. The diecast is fine, it centers his balance perfectly.

The joints kill themselves because they're just poorly designed. On a ratchet joint, the indexing tooth needs to give as the joint is moved. Defenders knees don't. The tooth is always pressed up against the ratchet notches, and is almost immediately sheared away as a result.

It's the same thing that killed TFC Heavy Labour's hip joints.

18. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Gonna disagree, because when he does fall over backwards due to non-existent heels, the diecast on his torso make his upper body fall back harder and strip the knee ratchets faster.

Now, the two pieces on the legs - Don't mind those at all.

Honestly though: If they made better joints in the first place that could sustain the weight better, the diecast on the torso wouldn't even matter, so that should be a first priority if this non-existent, hypothetical " fixed" Defender idea ever came to fruition.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  19. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I'd be down for a new Springer.

20. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Humm my Defender does not seem to have too many issues. It will fall back if I am not careful but all the joints are fine (got it at the original release). Anyway, it's funny that I was playing with him yesterday and thinking that we need a new one also. To me, the design/look seems outdated beside the other warbots and even Chromedome. He is very blocky and stiff in his appearance - a little small too. He really doesn't fit in as well anymore but I doubt they well ever go back and redo him.

As for Bruticus, I am not sure I would pick up the other characters if FP did them. I love my FP set, but at this point, I would probably hold out for a TFC release of Bruticus. Obviously not everyone agrees but, for me, nothing compares to the combined size/look of the TFC combiners.