Why can't Hasbro be this honest with us?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jan 7, 2013.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a post about a cancelled line from their Star Wars dept:

Rebelscum.com: Droid Factory Cancelled

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Like when they couldn't find a market for the First Edition figures on the usa and told us so, but admitted that a lot of fans really wanted them and that they were still trying to get them to us again in some form, and then they totally did?

Yeah I wish they did that.

3. maximus_73

maximus_73 Well-Known Member

Because business environment is changing everyday, and even they cannot predict their own future.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:

Except it took Hasbro months to mention the fact the FE line had been subject to retailer interest and many American retailers decided against carrying the line, only revealing that fact when the actual Prime line was coming out.

This wouldn't be such a big deal had they not paraded the FE molds around beforehand and promising them to the US customer base months in advance.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Oooohhh.... I don't see this thread going well.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I don't think it's always a case of 'dishonesty', as much as things change: climates change, personnel changes, minds change, ideas change, preferences change...

Not everything done by a corporation is according to cold hard math. Sometimes execs- who are people too- simply have different thoughts and feelings about something between prototype and distribution.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Because, Clone Wars aside, Star Wars is largely bought by adults.

8. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just think that its different teams running different lines. I see stuff like this out of the Star Wars guys all the time, but we seem to get the runaround a lot (like the FE issue someone brought up earlier).

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    They admitted there was a communication breakdown and apologized for that.

10. Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You missed the ToyArk forum, which is for non-TF toylines.

This is not TF related.

11. INTENSS

INTENSS Well-Known Member

Slow down homes. I believe the entire intent of this thread is to relate it to Hasbro and their dealings with TF collectors which is cool for this forum.

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Just what has Hasbro been dishonest about??

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, probably something to do with the last fiscal Cliffjumper.

Seriously though, I'm pretty much done paying attention to this stuff. Toys come out, and if I like them I buy them. Anything else in regards to my personal involvement or assessment with the company just strikes me as childish at this point, and I dunno. It just seems like a waste of energy.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It's difficult to take anything they say seriously. I'm not saying they actively lie to us. They are just really flakey.

15. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

This pretty well sums it up.

16. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I think it comes down to the fact the letter was signed by the Star Wars team. Hasbro doesn't just make a handful of products they make multitudes of products branching into things you probably didn't know about. Each of these products, I assume, has it's own team that works on it. Each with their own level of sercurity and contact with fans. And Hasbro, being a business, has to decide whether or not they can let this information out, which entirely different matter on its own. I'm sure there are things the Transformers team would want to tell us, they might even show us the entire process from drawing to being shipped out or cancelled if they could, but they can't. Not because Hasbro hates them or us, they just can't. Or they think we're a bunch of cry babies and are picking favorites. In that case they're a bunch of fucking douchebags.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'd like to think that Hasbro's TF Team is as understanding as the SW team, but the reality of stuff like the dollar store Legends release, which included two of the remolded GDO Legends molds, not being revealed in some way or form early enough for us to do anything about it leads me to think that it's just the SW team is better at communicating. Maybe they themselves are collector nerds

18. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that stuff like the Dollar store stuff are made by a different team than the "normal" lines. IN the case of using the GDO molds, it was likely a case where those happen to be modified and Hasbro Direct just rolled with it.

Even the GI Joe team admitted they had NO idea about what Hasbro Direct had done with the "Dollar General Joes" (creating new kitbash/repainted figures instead of straight up reruns of prior figures) until well after the fact

I still view it as a situation where Hasbro is damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    If they do communicate and tell us that products are cancelled/delayed due to changing market conditions, fans rage at them for "lying" and failing to deliver what they "promised".
    If they don't, fans rage Hasbro doesn't communicate enough and they SHOULD be told about changing product conditions.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO this may be a situation which is beyond Hasbro's control. If you want an example of a company blatantly screwing over the fans, it will be Mattel's running of the MOTU Classics line.

According to Mattel, price increases for the figures were due to production costs. That being the case, my peers and I could stomach the price hike to 'maintain' the quality of the toyline.

However, Mattel started producing the figures in black plastic and painted over the skin tones. To compound matters further, the drying process was done incorrectly, resulting in figures that were prone to chipping.

Naturally fans were complaining left-right-centre until the brand manager acknowledged the issue and decided not to use black plastics.

There are more issues that I won't bring up but IMO Hasbro are angels compared to Mattel.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No kidding.

Or just MattyCollector in general, really.