Bay formers 4= insult to a great name

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rusty26, Nov 10, 2012.

1. rusty26

rusty26 Well-Known Member

With each Transformers movie Micheal Bay releases he's slowly destroying one of the best (if not the best) cartoon franchises ever created.
    His movies are a insult to real transformers fans , I haven't met a person that liked the Bay formers . People went to see these movies because its Transformers, not because Bay actually made a good movie .
    He already made his pathetic trilogy, why not let someone else in the drivers seat this time . Its obvious that he's afraid that some other guy will actually come and save the transformers from a downward spiral .
    Bay !!! for the love of ****** Fack off

2. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

We've had threads like this already, I'm sure.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol 

Also, inb4lock.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I LOVE the movies. :p 

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think he can hear you over the sound of how successful he's been. All that money rustling can make a lot of noise.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    *cues onslaught of "BUT MONEY DOESN'T EQUAL QUALITY"-rebuttals*

*thread degrades even further into trolling and arguing*

*thread is closed*

My predictions for this topic.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Methinks we've all seen this before :D 

I'm no fan of Bayverse, but damn...OP, please tell us how you feel. Don't hold it back this time.

8. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Actually, this is the best thing to happen to TF ever. The franchise has never sold so much material. If you want TF to continue into the future, this is just another step. TIL ALL ARE ONE!

9. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

You hear that sound? That's the sound of this thread sinking. Also, we've had like nine of these threads.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As much as I dislike the movies, and don't want to see another one made, even I have to admit that they've actually done some good for the franchise. If nothing else, they have brought in a substantial amount of money for Hasbro. Thus helping fund the rest of the franchise. There's also the increase in fans and media attention.

Yeah, I don't enjoy the movies themselves, but I can't ignore the good that they have done. I can't honestly say that the franchise would be where it is now if it wasn't for them...even if saying this leaves a rather bad taste in my mouth...and I can't believe that I'm...defending...Bay...

:puke: 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Transformers is not a cartoon franchise. There are cartoons, but they are not the focus, nor are they a concurrent story or primary source of revenue. It is a toy property. And the movies have done nothing but cause financial success for that property. This is an undeniable fact. Aside form being massive money-makers, the movies sell toys big time. Mostly the first movie rather than the other two, but they always exceed expectations when it comes to sales.

Also, Transformers is hardly a great name. Most people still remember it as that shitty 80's cartoon before the movies. If you ever wonder why Michael Bay of all people directed the movies, it's because no one else would. Nobody but Bay and Speilberg even bothered to take the concept halfway-serious.

*Some* good. :lol  As if Transformers was not just awful anime dub after anime dub with barely more than one toyline running at a time and the comics. If it weren't for the movies we'd never have Prime, or Animated as it was, or the games, or the other secondary material to the extent that they are.

It's a shame that, while what you said has meaning, it's utterly impossible to take it seriously when you toss in a disgusting emoticon.

It's like making a sound and acceptable arguement at a public debate and then knockign ove rthe podium before walking off the stage.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Mods be a coming.

[​IMG]

But seriously, worse things have happened to Transformers then the Movies.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No and no.

14. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    I thought DotM was a pretty good movie, Transformers or not. Also, inb4lock.

15. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have faith in the movies. Transformers was the start of a good story, but ROTF was the sluggish one and DOTM restored a little faith in my opinion in the movies.

The movies are good, they brought along huge recognition to the Transformer franchise. I do agree there were stupid flaws. But the franchise is still worth a series.

16. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

I'm not a fan of the movies but I'm willing to give Bay another chance. Fourth times the charm.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Unfortunately, there are people who actually like his movies. And until their popularity dies down, we will never get a new director.

Now I'm going to sulk in a corner while I wait for this thread to degrade into flames and get locked.

18. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Hi. My name is John. I like the movies for what they are, warts and all. You've now met someone who likes the movies :D 

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I just have to.disagree with this.. Rotf sales on toys bombed so hard that you can still find some of the toys in stores regularly. Dotm cancelled three waves and multiple price points in America, the number one consumer of everything worldwide. Sales were not up to par when you have to cancel waves.

Transformers is hardly a great name? Yeah its name was so shitty and bad... That its name brand recognition hardly helped ticket sales for the movie. :rolleyes:  Doubtful it would have sold quite as much with out the name brand recognition. By your arguement, Star Wars is shitty, as those movies are utter trash compared to what can be done today. Viewing it as a product of its era is why its great... Not after years of improvements and overanalysis.

Maybe you didn't grow up in the eighty's, but if you grew up in that era you knew and loved transformers... It was hardly remembered as a 'shitty' cartoon, even if it is in retrospect. It is remembered by most fondly and via rose.colored glasses. Shitty cartoons dont spark a 30 year franchise.

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wake me up when Bay's Transformers resemble any iteration of Transformers.