By Generation: Leg Fix for G1 Tracks

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by turboedguy, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Most the problems I've come across [with G1 figures] are as simple as buying a junker to replace a broken part, or disassembling, repainting then applying new stickers. But one common problem live seen that is a really cheap and easy fix is the legs on G1 Tracks. Many examples won't retract or contract completely due to a bent piece of metal in the slide mechanism. It is an easy fix, but sometimes requires stickers to be removed to access the two screws holding the lower legs together. Once everything is disassembled, the metal stay needs to be removed and reshaped.

I don't have pics of a bent example, but this piece of metal is the culprit. Most the time, this piece will actually bent in half. If it cant be straightened, It can probably be removed and still function. I opened up a second tracks I own, and those pieces aren't even there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Facebook user Chris Bono posted some added content for fixing the legs on Tracks. Here's what he has to add:

"I did a quick repair on a Tracks whose leg/hood wouldn't stay locked in place in alt mode. From what I understand, this is a common problem with Tracks and simple to fix.
    Opening up the legs, you can see there are metal strips that have a raised "bump" in the middle that serves as a detent when you retract the legs in alt mode. Normally, they sit flat, but sometimes they work themselves out of the groove and get bent, thus keeping the leg from staying in place.
    With a quick bend or two, the deformed strip is pretty close to its original shape. And voila! Alt mode fixed.":

Tracks-02.jpg

Tracks-03.jpg

Tracks-06.jpg

Tracks-04.jpg

Tracks-01.jpg

Tracks-05.jpg

Tracks-07.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.