Minor/Repaint: Mini MP Prime thingy - by Jozaeh (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jozaeh, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jozaeh

jozaeh Well-Known Member

Mini MP Prime thingy - Now FINISHED! - by Jozaeh

[​IMG]

Well the WIP is all finished! Thanks for all the support members of tfw2005, it's been so fun sharing this project's progress with you all along the way. When I started work on this little guy three months ago, I had NO IDEA that I would end up spending 40+ man hours working on him! Wowzers. In case any of you are curious, i've done a couple images detailing most of the work that went into the figure

FRONT DETAILS

[​IMG]

BACK DETAILS

[​IMG]

TRAILER DETAILS

[​IMG]

PHOTO GALLERIES -
    If you're new to this project's thread, i've taken progress photos and descriptions and posted them here from page 1 onwards to page 29, so feel free to enjoy the process. And in the interest of making it easier for people to find the finished photos, i'll include the page links for easy page hopping:

[​IMG]
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/682446-mini-mp-prime-thingy-jozaeh-wip-30.html#post8896081

[​IMG]
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/682446-mini-mp-prime-thingy-jozaeh-wip-31.html#post8896172

[​IMG]
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/682446-mini-mp-prime-thingy-jozaeh-wip-31.html#post8896194

[​IMG]
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/682446-mini-mp-prime-thingy-jozaeh-wip-31.html#post8896224

[​IMG]
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/682446-mini-mp-prime-thingy-jozaeh-wip-31.html#post8896256

[​IMG]
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/682446-mini-mp-prime-thingy-jozaeh-wip-32.html#post8896298

That's it! And below is my original beginning post 3 months ago, I hope you enjoy!
    See ya,
    Jozaeh

[​IMG]

Hey tfw2005’ers!

So I’m here in Australia and eagerly awaiting the ‘possible’ and ‘sometime around now’ and 'it didn't get released because you didn't believe with all of your heart' release of the MP-10 here. It’ll be my first ever MP figure as I just started in on buying transformers in the last couple months and hot damn I’m excited. (If ANYONE has any more up to date info on this aussie release, please tell me! I’ve called both Hasbro Australia and toys r us to no avail).

I spied this little legends reveal the shield optimus on the weekend and grabbed him for $8 from Mr Toys Toyworld. And geez I like him. Is anyone else as surprised as I am to how good he looks for such a teeny figure? His bot mode looks great like an MP,and his truck mode is tight and compact.

But those wheels hanging like elephant sized cufflinks, aie! I gotta rack my brain to do something with those.

So to fill the time and as a challenge I thought I’d do my ultra best to make this little fella a super mini-MP with a the best re-paint I can manage. It’ll be a work in progress and I’ll keep posting as it goes along.

Here’s what I hope to do:

- Add in some knee articulation (with the sacrifice of a cyberverse prime cliffjumper. He doesn’t need limbs anymore anyway being zombified and all.

- An autobot symbol on the left shoulder,

- More details to the smokestacks, possibly replace them with a kre-o optimus kreon’s smokestacks

- Sand back,prime (no pun), and repaint the red and blue

- Blue hands

- Silver details

- And a little bit of wear and tear damage. Nothing too crazy though.

Basically I want to make it look like a great mini repainted MP. So if anyone has any other things that they reckon would look good done to him, holler!

Jozaeh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JanManuel27

JanManuel27 Member

Wow nice keep coming Jozaeh

3. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

Whata great idea! I wish I had an RTS Legends Optimus to do this with. I always thought they should've given them more articulation.

4. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

I love the idea... keep up the good job!

5. jozaeh

jozaeh Well-Known Member

You betcha I will.

Ah yes! Bags ya likin the idea! I was gonna say "man just ebay one" but sheesh they're pricey on ebay, some are $23 US?! Crazy! So hopefully you can find one at a local store. Or if you really get stuck and want one, I could always get you one and post it from here in australia. it mightn't be too much with postage.

Ah nice! I will for sure. I'm so excited to see how he turns out.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Very cool stuff here. I'd like to see another tutorial made from this as you go :wink: 

7. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Cool idea. I just opted for the expensive option of the t.h.s. 02 prime.. although the alt mode is horrible, bot mode more than makes up for it. Can't wait to see how this little guy ends up.

8. OOSnake

I checked Amazon.co.uk, it's at minimum about £20! That's insane. Megatron is about £50, and the rest are £9 maximum. Can you beleive the prices on those!

9. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    I wanted to do this too! though I was thinking of doing new legs and forearms in shapeways.. though I suck at 3D modeling at the moment... :( 

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

10. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    I wanted to do this too! though I was thinking of doing new legs and forearms in shapeways.. though I suck at 3D modeling at the moment... :( 

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

11. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Great work and pics. Love the in-progress shots. Drilling the stacks was the first thing I did to this little guy too.

12. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

I like the knee joint, nice work

13. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

you could always just modify the wheels so they stayed on the hips in bot mode

14. jozaeh

jozaeh Well-Known Member

Ah yep, progress shots are so fun for me to look at, so when i can share them I try to! Oh and you modded this lil fella too? Do you have a photo of him at all that I could see?

Ah cool! I just worked on the knee joints a little more last night and they're working better, i'll post photos in just a few minutes.

Oh man, good idea Bacon, that totally could work hey. I think I need to buy a spare little legends prime to do some mod sacrificing practice on.

Ah I'm still new to the extensive range of figures out there hey, so I had to look up the ths 02 prime to see what you meant. "alt mode is horrible" ha ha! Oh that's a funny (yet sad) line. But a great bot mode really takes the cake hey. Well I hope you like how this little dude ends up!

What the heck Snake?! I can't believe they're that much? Well I guess you're actually paying for the 'service' more than the item itself. Like if you bought a single grain of sand off amazon. It would still have postage and 'handling' prices they have to work in to it even though a grain of sand should be pretty much 1c to buy. Ha!

Ok I don't know where the grain of sand comparison came from. Anyway! The offer to buy and send you one still stands, holler if ya want!

Oh man new arms and legs would be SO cool! I wonder if someone has actually done a scanned and shrunk down MP prime before with shapeways? Oh gosh imagine that!

15. jozaeh

jozaeh Well-Known Member

Update #1 - 17 october

UPDATE #1 - 17 OCTOBER

Here's an update for y'all, last night I finished the other knee ball joint and it's working well. (geez working on this is sooo teeny tiny! Dremelling little joints send them flicking and flying out of my fingers all the time, ha!).

[​IMG]

I also craft knife'd the edges of the thighs to slightly match closer to the shape of a real MP prime's legs.

[​IMG]

I shaved down the inside edges of the side tanks on the shin pieces, this gives them a little more spacing to allow thigh movement.

[​IMG]

I then dremelled out the waist piece, giving more rotation room for the top of the thighs, which now allows full forward, backward and side rotation of 180 degrees. Yeah!

[​IMG]

And best of all, Prime will be able to pull of poses like this:
    (which is sorely needed in prime figures I feel. I've never liked the brazel disregard to the need for him to be able to kick himself in the head).

[​IMG]

That's all for now till the next update, later!
    Jozaeh

16. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    *throws popcorn in mouth*

Eagerly awaiting more updates!

17. jozaeh

jozaeh Well-Known Member

Ha ha! I love that saying.

18. OOSnake

This looks good! I would take you up on your offer, but I can't buy stuff over the internet yet (damn!) and my mum won't, becuase my birthday's coming up and stuff. That, and it's a relative stranger over the internet :p 

19. jozaeh

jozaeh Well-Known Member

Ahhh I totally understand! Oh well, no worries.

20. OOSnake

Thanks, though.