So, I've begun to watch Beast Wars...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Last week I decided to start watching Beast Wars. I went into it thinking it would be all sorts of awful. Plus, I have previously hated the idea of Beast Wars (TFs into organic animals). However, I am happy to say I was wrong. Sure, the animation is not that great by today's standards, but that's forgivable since it was back in the 90's. As of now, I am to Episode 10 and loving it!

There are a couple of nitpicks I have with it, though. First of all, I am sick and tired of Optimus Primal saying "That's just prime" and "I'm feeling prime", etc. All. The. Time. Another minor nitpick is Cheetor's shocked/scared expression in beast mode. It just looks...stupid, IMO (I also don't like his freckles in bot mode. Transformers should not have freckles). I don't really like Blackarachnia either, both her voice and design. Other than those little bits, however, I am absolutely loving BW, and I am looking forward to the future episodes. And since this is turning out well, I plan to take on all of TFA next (another show I (currently) despise).

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Season 1 is the worst of the 3 seasons.

Also do yourself a favor and don't watch Machines. It's a good show, but an awful sequel.

But yeah, Beast Wars is fantastic.

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't listen to him! Beast Machines is polarizing for sure, but make up your own mind about it. And I personally love season 1 of BW myself, so yeah.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it! Keep us updated throughout your watching.

4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    He'll say "Well that's just prime," quite a bit.

I actually liked it. Same with Tigatron's "moustache" for that matter.

She's not that great at first, but she'll become a much better character soon.

Agreed. I loved Season 1. But then again, all of the seasons are great. BM is still a good show. I still can't get over what they did to
    Rhinox
    , though.

5. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    heh, i felt the same way you did. hated organic beast modes, so hated beast wars (and animated too, for that matter) without giving it a fair chance. tried it out for fun, got hooked.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you can set aside any issues you have with the concept as a whole in the beginning, it's a show that pretty much any TF fan can enjoy, and better, it's a show that noticeably improves over it's run (even if some of the early episodes are my favorites).

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I didn't say I dislike season one. I love it. I just said that it's the worst of the three seasons, meaning it's just going to get even better.

8. Slyest Fox

Slyest Fox Well-Known Member

I go back and forth on if I think Season 1 or Season 3 is the better season (obviously, I'd say 99.9% of fans are in agreement that Season 2 is the best)

For me, it sort of depends on what part of Season 1. The first half of the season, I think, is worse than Season 3, but the second half of the season (say, from The Trigger on) is better than Season 3. Depends on the issue. Season 1 feels much more cheesy and dated with far simpler plotlines and storytelling, while Season 3 goes overboard with slapstick and has a lot of issues with characterization and what gets focus and doesn't make good use of its thirteen episode season. Both have their faults, but both are ultimately very enjoyable. And Season 2 is obviously just perfection.

9. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Whaaaat? BA's voice is hawt, but I understand you. I hate early BA, too. You're gonna hate that one episode... omg I hated it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  10. Slyest Fox

Which episode? Probably not a spoiler just to give the name.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't like Beast Machines when I was younger, but when I watched it all over again maybe 1-2 years ago, I loved it.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Beast Wars is pretty damn awesome. Never watched the full thing yet, but I've seen many of the important episodes and I can safely say it's a great Transformers show.

As for "Well that's just Prime", I love it. One of my favorite lines.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, you^ haven't seen all of it yet??? Looks like we've gotta do something about that...

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    The series does have a way of changing your mind and making you a Beast Wars fan. I had the same impression..NO WAY was I going to watch TF's as organics..animals. Just NO...but.....
    I kept seeing others comment what a great series it was and so... I watched a few edited eps on the Hasbro site and got hooked, plus I found the BW comics and read them too.. glad you've joined the ranks of Beast Wars fans. :thumb 

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That's why you don't judge a show by the designs alone. Beast Wars is the best written Transformers series.

You mean hearing "Transform and Roll Out" all the time never gets old?

Freckles are bad but facial hair is OK right? I'd rather have Cheetor's freckles than robots with metal beards.

Her original design is just Tarantulas with more female proportions, a new paint job, and actually the same head. Both their heads are based on the toy which has two faces, Blackarachnia got the more robotic looking face while Tarantulas got the mutant face. That being said she does get a new design later in the series that she doesn't have to share with Tarantulas and that one is in my opinion the best version of her.

16. Slyest Fox

Maybe her original beast mode in-series is the same as Tarantulas' with a paint-job and slimming up, but her robot mode (some obvious Spider staples like the leg guns aside) looks almost nothing like him. The face and body are, like, way different. It's not a Tigatron/Cheetor situation.

17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Beast Wars is the only Transformers series that had my wife in tears. Be forewarned, you will be sad. And moved.

18. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Beast Wars is a great series and a great sequel to G1 in terms of story. I like that they started with their own thing but added in things later on. Obviously I got my name from it by adding Primal to my favorite character, Rodimus Prime.

19. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Dude, you're in for a TREAT, the best is yet to come. Season 1 drags around in a couple episodes, while season 2 and 3 *rock*. Don't worry about the "Prime" comment, they lampshade it from time to time.

20. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Beast Wars is arguably the series that got me into Transformers from the start. However, after the show was done, I forgot about Transformers altogether until the 2007 movie came out.

But, I got the DVD set for my birthday, and I've been watching it again. It's the first time I've seen any of it since it was on TV in the '90's, and I love it. I'm about 4 episodes from the end of season 1 now, and it's amazing how much I forgot about the series.