By Generation: Making Universe Tankor Rock the House

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Peaugh, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I just got done with this sweet little modification:

[​IMG]

It's a little addition to his back flap. Modifying the back of the waist section allows it to still fold down and not get in the way of any alt mode positions. He remains fully transformable:

[​IMG]

[What's] the reason? Well, by doing this, you can now tab his claw weapon to sit behind the wings in robot mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Now it's] SO much nicer. It helps evoke the silver-wings-on-back of the G1 figure more strongly, AND finally gives you a place to stick that damn thing without having to make him hold it or set it to the side.

Nope. I would've pulled the Dremel out, but the wife and daughter were both asleep by the time I worked out how to do it and got started. It was all done by hand with a hobby knife, a pair of pliers (just to hold things) and some super glue.

The added bit is made from the plastic clip off of a fat pen cap. I just cut it to the rough shapes I needed and glued it together.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm likely going to clean it up a little bit, and [then] paint it to match a little better. I took those pictures almost as soon as I'd finished last night, so it's still looking a little rough in the photos.

Fair enough. Although he can still hold it in any of the ways he could beforehand, this just gives him one more place to store it if you don't want him holding it in robot mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are the best I could get right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.